PDA

View Full Version : Game Central Station

frogpipe
December 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I've been poking around the whole multiplayer thing, wondering if I would like it, if it was worth it. The one HUGE issue that I see here is this: I elected to download the USA Prototype Route, because it was listed in the "hint's and tips" thread here. I don't have an FCT so it took 2 days. Once I had it, I found I didn't have the MP session - so I went hunting for that. It appears I have downloaded an old version of the route - or maybe I can't find the session - or maybe the moon is full, I dunno...

This problem lead me to think, if we aren't going to have a "game browser" in the game (like every MP game since 1998) that I think we need a "Game Central Station" where we can have the SESSIONS available for download. Each route author submits the latest version so that's the ONLY one on the site. Once the player has downloaded the session and installed it in the Content Mangler, they can get all the dependencies (including the RIGHT route) via the DLS.

What cha think?

mp202
December 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Still those without an FCT or run of an Air Card (like me) will have great difficulty downloading all the dependencies one by one from the DLS. Other than that, it's a great idea. :)

JIb228
December 21st, 2012, 12:59 AM
The link to the routes in that topic a re bit dated. Use the search tool on the DLS to find the latest versions of them all.

frogpipe
December 22nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
No. That's exactly my point. If I search on the exact title that the file in the original link has I get one thing, that file. If I use USA Prototype and select the routes category, I get 8 or 9 different versions, by 3 or 4 authors. And none of that address the core issue, the sessions.

If you get the session FIRST, then the route and all it's dependencys follow, if you get the Route first, you have to hunt down the MP session...

danny5
December 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm Sorry you are having so much problems with my route!The last up date i did with this route i fixed a few thinges and spent a mouth or more testing to see that everything worked fine. iI ran trains to and from every IND.(AI & myself)Drove trains both direction around the route to make sure that every junction changed when it was suppose to. Done every thing to have a route/session that would work without problems.
Uploaded it, Deleted it & downloaded it to fine that all the track was deconnected from the turntables. So i will not try to fix it anymore or upload another route.
There so many hoops one has to go thru to get a MP route to work with this game,that why there so many MP sessions with numbers virsions To fix thangs that wont work in MPer.
Sorry Again.

frogpipe
December 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Totally not your fault.

But so long as the DLS works the way it does, my thought was that a website where you'd find ONLY "USA Prototype MP Session" and when ever there was an update, that file would get REPLACED would make life easier for players is all.