PDA

View Full Version : Weird Issue

flyinsolo
December 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
So for some reason since installing the Dash 9's and the new FX library, anytime I install anything new from JR all the assets go faulty because of the Library. It doesn't matter if I overwrite or skip during the install it always goes faulty. I can remedy the problem by deleting and reinstalling the fx library but it's kind of a pain everytime I install new content. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

shaneturner12
December 5th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Unfortunately, from what I've gathered, the library is frequently updated as new content is released, so you would need to update it each time. There are no other ways of dealing with it. Strangely enough, overwriting the library file should work, but as you have found it does not always.

Shane

matruck
December 5th, 2012, 03:49 AM
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?95646-***MUST-HAVE-TRAIN-FX-LIBRARY***
Try the latest one.

yutzk
December 5th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Only other bit i could think of here thats causing this is something that your installing that has an old Train FX library packed with the CDP file. If your settings are different than mine you may have it set to auto-overwrite thus installing the old TFX lib all the time over the new one and thus causing this issue.

Just a hunch though, not sure what your settings are like but its a scenario I could see happening.

flyinsolo
December 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'll check the auto-overwrite settings, the latest issue was yesterday. I installed the 50'6 boxcar pack, as it was installing I was still clicked on the Today tab in CM and I watched the Dash 9's go faulty. It's strange I know.

jointedrail
December 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Try what Kevin said, same thing was happening to me until I reset the warnings in CMP. I was always reinstalling an old version of the TFX. We are still developing and testing the installer/JR content manage so that will solve that issue once it's released. It will allow our customers one click downloading of assets from JR both payware and freeware. It will also get all the dependencies you need as well, no more messing with TFX, SFX, or any other dependencies.

Thanks

Mike

flyinsolo
December 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM
The installer sounds good, right now its a pretty simple fix on my end I just figured I was missing something easy. Thanks for the responses. Put something new on the site and I'll try it out and see if it works now.... :hehe: