PDA

View Full Version : new to ts12

lelo4851
November 20th, 2012, 03:48 AM
hey everybody im new to ts12 as ive only just brought it after having ts2010
so i was wondering how do i get involved in either hosting a multiplayer game or getting involved in one
i have build 49922

shaneturner12
November 20th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hi lelo4851,

Welcome to the forums.

In terms of joining a session, it's a similar method to running a single-player driver session, but instead you select a multiplayer session instead. There are posts in this forum detailing which sessions are available and on which routes. You will probably have to download the route/session involved, and unless you have a First Class Ticket, it will take a few days to do that.

As for hosting a session, it's best to try taking part in one first so you can understand how Multiplayer works.

Shane

lelo4851
November 20th, 2012, 05:53 AM
ok the problem i have now is that it tells me i cant use a session as a multiplayer session because it has content that is not built in on the dls or elsewhere
when all the content in the session is built in
i dnt understand it

shaneturner12
November 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Please see my response in the other thread you posted in.

Shane

oknotsen
November 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi and welcome to Trainz,

For most Questions and Answers related to MP, please see this topic:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?89767-Multiplayer-Tips-Tricks-Fixes-and-Other-Things

About your situation:
Make sure you have downloaded all updated items. In other words: If you log into the game, it should not tell you it has updates.
If that does not get your MP session to work, go to Content Manager and try to download that session (and all related dependencies) through that.

im using all built in content on my session and it still comes up with the message
Your session has to be uploaded to the DLS and then downloaded in order to make it an actual multiplayer session. Please see the link above for all the details.
Save yourself the trouble of uploading a new multiplayer session by first checking if that build-in route does not already have (a similar) uploaded multiplayer session.