PDA

View Full Version : Some Things You Should All Know

TrainzAreTheBest12
November 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
This really wonders me. WARNING: DO THIS IF YOU ARE RISKING TO CHANGE THE STARTING CAB VIEW POSITION. IT ALSO MAKES TRAINZ SEEM LESS REAL NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IT REALLY IS.
1.Go into your Trainz directory.

2.Find the trainzoptions text or something like that.

3.Add the line "-freeintview" without the " marks.

4.Go into the cab view of any EMD SD/GP unit.

5.Move the camera out of the train to any where.

6.Be amazed the locomotive you have been driving.

7. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THIS IS HOW THE INTERIOR REALLY LOOKS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY ALTERING IT LIKE THAT WORKS.

Also, I have recently installed some JR Freeware Content. The BN GP38 pack. I hit the B button and the bell AND the ditchlights come on. That is LEGIT!

SD45T-2
November 19th, 2012, 07:00 PM
-freeintview is used by people to set up cabs. In the bottom of the screen is some coordinates for your guide.

And cab outsides in cabs are simpler due to the need to save polys.

tbryson2
November 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM
To put it in "laymans" terms, we eliminate all of the polys you CANNOT see while in CAB mode! This makes it easier on frame rates. It's a pain when your building the enigne, :hehe: but it seems to be worth it.

I use this mode to go outside of my cab "mode" and explore to see if I'm lining up the parts correctly, and to find one if I loose it! That is altogether another story!

TB

fran1
November 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM
-freeintcam
Same or very similar.

TrainzAreTheBest12
November 20th, 2012, 05:20 AM
The locomotive looks 5x Highe than it was. But the interior and looking view looks like you really are driving a train. When I go into surveyour, place an EMD SD/GP Unit, then go into ALT+U(TS2009) and fly into the cab it looks just the same as the cab view. Why does it have to be raised so much if could be kept at the same level. Also a small bug report. The SW7 cab is missing the walkway to acess the locomotive engine from the side. The doors on the front of the cab are usless if your just going to fall down.