PDA

View Full Version : BNSF Dash 9-44CW kuid:45324:100015 - Missing Textures Revisited - THORN

trainman53
November 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Firstly: To all viewing this, my apologies in advance for bringing this tired subject back. I have read all that I can find on the forum concerning this subject to arrive at a confusing and non-productive point. Again my apologies to the authors that have written "fixes" and workarounds to this problem, but to be quite frank most are poorly written and (for the most part) confusing to the limited or non-programer/script writer. Most are devoid of any detailed logical step by step process for applying the required corrections to get that asset work as it was originally designed to do. Granted I have no clue why it would fall apart that way when it worked ok before. My uneducated guess is that it must be related to the different versions of Trainz and/or how it reads and applies that information. Enlighten me please. I have a list of 41 Dash 9's installed LOL (acquired in the process of trying to correct this issue, following the forum supplied directions, to the letter whenever possible) 23 do not use that asset and are ok (these use the DD40X asset??), the others do use the "THORN" . It is apparent (at least to me) that this places a definite limit on the assets available for use in this locomotive category to anyone laying out the route of the century LOL.
I have tried to contact the author using the email on his profile with no answer so far.............
I (and many others I'm sure) would be very grateful to anyone offering some detailed insight on this subject or maybe a new way of correcting said thorn on the side........

norfolksouthern37
November 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
what exactly are you asking for?

hert
November 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
what exactly are you asking for?

NO idea, just a wall of text.

deadpoolmx55
November 16th, 2012, 10:00 PM
what did i just read and why?

sniper297
November 16th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Wall of text incoming, stand clear of the impact area.

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'bnsf_dash9_shadow\bnsf_dash9_shadow.pm'
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1a.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1a.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1b.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1b.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1c.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1c.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_1c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2a.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2a.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2b.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2b.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2c.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2c.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_2c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3a.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3a.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3b.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3b.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3c.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3c.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3d.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3d.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_3d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4a.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4a.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4b.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4b.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4c.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4c.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4d.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4d.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_4d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5a.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5a.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5b.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5b.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5c.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5c.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5d.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5d.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_5d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6a.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6a.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6b.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6b.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6c.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6c.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6d.tga' for texture file 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6d.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bnsf_dash9_body/digit_6d.texture.txt'.

Just now downloaded into TS12, that's what I get for it. Main problem is it's a 1.3 build and needs to be updated to be useable in TS12, but since someone has already done that, I would suggest just deleting the little culprit and download BNSF Dash 9-44CW,<kuid2:37573:100268:3> instead.

mp202
November 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Go download the latest JR Train FX Library and make sure you commit it.

yutzk
November 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Go download the latest JR Train FX Library and make sure you commit it.

Blake this is a very old version of dash 9s Justin made a long time ago,not the current ones so the tfx will do nothing.

trainman53
November 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Well Sir with my apologies and all due respect, I was asking if there is a step by step way to fix the BNSF Dash 9-44CW kuid:45324:100015 since many assets of the same class depend on this one to work. It was not my intention to cause a discord among the other players, I'm just a beginner anxious to learn more about the world of trainz. I appreciate you reading my original posting on this.......