PDA

View Full Version : Session and Route edit question

Robert2d6
November 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
If I have a route that I downloaded like Clinchfield for instance, and then make a change in that route such as adding some portals, it is my understanding that now the route now has a different Kuid number. If I download a session from the DLS created for the original route, will it be usable with the edited route that I now have? If not, what do I need to edit either in the updated route or in the downloaded session to get them to work together?

shaneturner12
November 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
You would need to edit the session using Notepad, replacing the KUID in the map-kuid line to point to the updated session (it may be worth cloning the session though to avoid issues later)

Shane

Robert2d6
November 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
You would need to edit the session using Notepad, replacing the KUID in the map-kuid line to point to the updated session (it may be worth cloning the session though to avoid issues later)

Shane

So to make sure I have this straight, if I go to the session in CMP, and edit the session in explorer in the CMP edit function, the only line I have to change is the Map-Kuid Line to point to the Kuid of the updated Route.

shaneturner12
November 8th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Correct. I managed to do a bit of a boo-boo there.

Shane

dnevans8
November 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
You also need to edit the corresponding map reference in the kuid table, just look for the original map kuid in the table and change it to your new one.

stagecoach
November 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
This is not always guaranteed to work because the session has an image of the route and where different things are. If you change some of these the session may crash because it can no longer find what it wants where it was.

Robert2d6
November 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
This is not always guaranteed to work because the session has an image of the route and where different things are. If you change some of these the session may crash because it can no longer find what it wants where it was.

That makes sense.