PDA

View Full Version : I need help with Cab Mode and Quick Drive

Alxmac84
October 6th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been having problems with Cab Mode and Quick Drive in TS12. Anytime I use Cab Mode, it only shows the top half of the controls (reverser, power, dynamic brake, ect.). However, it dosen't show the rest of the controls like the horn and decouple buttons. Also, after I've been in drive session a couple of times, the Quick Drive menu disappears from the game and route entirely. Any suggestions will help!

Alex

Williamb73
October 6th, 2012, 10:49 PM
First lets solve the Cab Mode problem. When in Cab Mode you have to select the little bubble at the top left corner of the screen. I think there are three of them. One is even for quick drive if you have in configured in the session layer. When you click the bubble it will give you a bunch of options, at the bottom should be ENABLE DECOUPLE MODE. Select that then a bunch of coupler will show up allowing you to click on any active car in your train to decouple.

The quick dirve menu is located in one of the bubbles at the top of the screen. Just select to enable.

Hope this helps

Cheers William

captainkman
October 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Or you could memorize the keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl + D is decouple.

Robert2d6
October 7th, 2012, 06:01 AM
First lets solve the Cab Mode problem. When in Cab Mode you have to select the little bubble at the top left corner of the screen. I think there are three of them. One is even for quick drive if you have in configured in the session layer. When you click the bubble it will give you a bunch of options, at the bottom should be ENABLE DECOUPLE MODE. Select that then a bunch of coupler will show up allowing you to click on any active car in your train to decouple.

The quick dirve menu is located in one of the bubbles at the top of the screen. Just select to enable.

Hope this helps

Cheers William

Are you talking about TS12, I don't see any bubble at the top left corner of my screen?

Alxmac84
October 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the help, but after awhile the bubble for the Quick Drive will disappear, and I'll be stuck with DCC Mode. I have also used the menu to decouple the cars. I just can't have a horn in Cab Mode. Whats the hot key for the horn?

Robert2d6
October 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the help, but after awhile the bubble for the Quick Drive will disappear, and I'll be stuck with DCC Mode. I have also used the menu to decouple the cars. I just can't have a horn in Cab Mode. Whats the hot key for the horn?

the letter H

HLJames
October 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
The "H" key is the keyboard shortcut for the horn, which I find a lot more fun to use.

Alxmac84
October 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks! Now I should hopefully be able to use Cab Mode more often. :)