PDA

View Full Version : MID-AMERICA passenger cars? Is there anything remotely close to these

mchone2012
October 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows what type of passenger cars that the 765 had in tow on its way to St Louis
I know that the name of the cars said MID-AMERICA and was silver with the red line where the logo was at the top but mostly particular i just want to know what kind they were as long as i can find ones that are silver than that will be good enough. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIx3-MPGWkod0DgamlsE-W3aUXsxHdob7cKeZjK_ccNNa9MoVp-TIMfWYL:www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures%255C62570%255Ctrains120310%2520113.JPG
If someone can re-skin a car to look like this that would be nice as well

JCitron
October 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
These appear to be standard fluted Budd Company passenger cars from the late 1940s through the 1960s. These cars could have come from various railroads operating in their region, or off of the used market where many came from after being used by Amtrak and other local commuter railroads for many years after long distance use.

Go to the Mid-America website and look for their roster which may have some history behind the cars.

John

RyanJReed
January 16th, 2015, 12:57 PM
it would be great if those car were available for trainz

JCitron
January 16th, 2015, 01:04 PM
it would be great if those car were available for trainz

You can do that be reskinning the cars. You need a programs such as Paint.net, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, or Photoshop to do this.

Weatherford, TX... I was down your way in 2013 chasing a big super cell that was dropping baseball-sized hailstorms!

John

RyanJReed
January 16th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I found out that MID-AMERICA is a organisation that restores former passenger cars from various railroads to someone who would look to buy. They have a website www.midamericarailcar.com all of there cars has history from start to finish.

Ryan

MeowRailroad
January 16th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Don't they also paint and repair freight cars?

Falcus
January 17th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Yes, Mid-america Railcar is perhaps the closest re-incarnation of Pullman were likely to see. They don't just refurbish cars, they offer other services as well to coach owners IIRC, and they're willing to loan out the cars in their pool for a price.

As far as there being publicly available in Trainz ready to Roll, I don't believe so. There is a fellow running around here on the forums that did some Southern Pacific Lightweights that look almost identitical except they say "Southern Pacific" in the Red Band at the top. I went looking for his site in my bookmarks and cant find it (More because I way more bookmarks then I care to think about then anything else).

After that, have a gander at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZIt0LCoI94&list=UUh_cAWhvu3VvvQFZ7r2FLVw

I think Steve said he skinned those from Landrvr's Zephyr Cars (Which I could easily believe), but that was it. You can get Landrvr's cars, but you'll have to do your own research on how to go about it, I won't cause more work for anyone else directly.

Falcus

MeowRailroad
January 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Man, that whistle at the start sent chills down my spine!