PDA

View Full Version : Removing Paint Textures

youifhonk
October 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

I've been searching the forum for sometime now for advise of this subject but have come up empty handed. So my problem is I cannot work out how to remove Paint Textures from the back to the standard Grid. I have tried typing Grid in the Texture Search Bar but get no results. Any help with this would be brilliant.

Many thanks.

Lots_Trains
October 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Ya just can't, its one of the big pains about the program, there have been a few things over the years that have but they are not compatible with the latest bunch of programs. There was one for 2006. TransDem I beleive removes the TranzDem textures from the route when its complete. So you could swap the texture you want for a TranzDem one and remove it that way but that replaces it on the whole route. You can always do the missing texture routine.

WHATEVER YOU DO BACKUP BEFOREHAND!!!

Cheers

Lots

BD1
October 1st, 2012, 10:57 AM
There is a Gray grid that you have to scroll down the list for (aproximately in the middle of the list, save it to your favorites).

Paint in smallest scale possible, and using @ 1/4 radius

JohnnyC1
October 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
And if you can't find the grid, because it's not easily recognizable, add a new board, go to the tools and copy a grid square from the new board, paste into the DEM or wherever else you wish.

John

4ndylloyd
October 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
And if you can't find the grid, because it's not easily recognizable, add a new board, go to the tools and copy a grid square from the new board, paste into the DEM or wherever else you wish.

John

This is the method I use to return anything back to the basic grid. The grid texture that you have been looking for is just another layer of texture which you will put on top of whatever is already there. Copying and pasting a blank section of baseboard is the way to go

Andy

jcardana
October 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
I thought the "get" tool worked. Click Get and then click on an unpainted part of the grid? Yeah, never mind...:o

youifhonk
October 2nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks to everyone for your help and advise. Copy & Paste did the trick. Although had to rebuild a station or two as I got a bit carried away with the clicking.

Many thanks.

Dermmy
October 2nd, 2012, 05:02 AM
~~Copy & Paste did the trick. Although had to rebuild a station or two as I got a bit carried away with the clicking.~~

You shouldn't have needed to rebuild anything, there are filters which allow you to toggle on and off pasting textures, heights (relative or absolute), objects and/or splines. If you were set to paste textures only then everything else remains as it was before...

youifhonk
October 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
You shouldn't have needed to rebuild anything, there are filters which allow you to toggle on and off pasting textures, heights (relative or absolute), objects and/or splines. If you were set to paste textures only then everything else remains as it was before...

Yea I only discovered that after I had deleted everything. But you learn from your mistakes. :o