PDA

View Full Version : CMP went crazy this morning Question

Robert2d6
September 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I opened CMP this morning and noticed that in the Download Station in the menus there are suddenly thousands and thousands of items that are listed as on the download station ready to be downloaded. Tutorials on 2004 , 2004 intro, stuff by Auran, ( I don't even have 2004) as well as other authors. Is there something wrong with the communication to the main server?

Euphod
September 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I opened CM this morning and found out today is actually January 12th, so don't ask me!:o

Paul_Bert
September 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Am I the only one that the CM has been stuck on Tuesday September 11, 2012 for the most recent downloads available when I select the Download tab?

JCitron
September 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I wonder if this could be the dam finally breaking on the stuck DLS and all the previous items finally appears.

John

Robert2d6
September 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I wonder if this could be the dam finally breaking on the stuck DLS and all the previous items finally appears.

John

That is what I was thinking. I mean this is a ton of stuff to download/

clam1952
September 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
You are I believe correct, I had a copy of 2009 with only 129 items on the DLS! now everything is back most of it all on the same date.

As far as I can see in TS12, I have everything that is, missing, not on the correct dates but that would be due to running an EDR. 2010 for me seems to be updating 24 hours behind TS12, 2009 as said is now all there.
The missing previews are still to be fixed but it is being worked on.
For anyone not aware, some of us have been feeding info to Kris on the helpdesk and providing examples etc, worth keeping an eye on this thread here. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?93634-More-potential-DLS-listing-related-problems-(details-in-thread)

Robert2d6
September 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM
You are I believe correct, I had a copy of 2009 with only 129 items on the DLS! now everything is back most of it all on the same date.

As far as I can see in TS12, I have everything that is, missing, not on the correct dates but that would be due to running an EDR. 2010 for me seems to be updating 24 hours behind TS12, 2009 as said is now all there.
The missing previews are still to be fixed but it is being worked on.
For anyone not aware, some of us have been feeding info to Kris on the helpdesk and providing examples etc, worth keeping an eye on this thread here. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?93634-More-potential-DLS-listing-related-problems-(details-in-thread)

I am just hoping that downloading these Kuids is not causing a massive failure in TS12. Something doesn't seem right. If I am reading the menu correctly in CMP ( I am new at this, so still not confident), it says that the Download station has 196,343 of 232,435 items displayed. It says this in the lower right hand bottom corner of the CMP. So if I am reading this correctly, it says that I have to download almost 200,000 items which has to be crazy!!!!!!!!

JohnnyC1
September 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Using CMP 3.6 the most recent date is 23 Sept 2012.

John

JCitron
September 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I am just hoping that downloading these Kuids is not causing a massive failure in TS12. Something doesn't seem right. If I am reading the menu correctly in CMP ( I am new at this, so still not confident), it says that the Download station has 196,343 of 232,435 items displayed. It says this in the lower right hand bottom corner of the CMP. So if I am reading this correctly, it says that I have to download almost 200,000 items which has to be crazy!!!!!!!!

Don't get scared! :)

There are roughly 238K items on the DLS and you are displaying 196K of them. I see 238K items and I only have 10 viewed because I narrow things down by date, or obsolete, etc.

John

Robert2d6
September 30th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Using CMP 3.6 the most recent date is 23 Sept 2012.

John

I have Sunday Sept 30, 2012.

Robert2d6
September 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Don't get scared! :)

There are roughly 238K items on the DLS and you are displaying 196K of them. I see 238K items and I only have 10 viewed because I narrow things down by date, or obsolete, etc.

John

Well, possibly I don't understand what the Download Station tab means in CMP. Does it mean that these are items that need to be downloaded, or is it just a list of items that are on the DLS, so that if you want to download something, you can find it in that list? In other words, did I download a bunch of stuff this morning that I didn't really need?

Well anyway, I just ran a quick database repair, and now all the items that were showing that DS with the red S, Icon in the list that indicated that they were on the DLS ready for download , are grayed out, like they normally are, so maybe this was just an issue with my database.

JCitron
September 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Well, possibly I don't understand what the Download Station tab means in CMP. Does it mean that these are items that need to be downloaded, or is it just a list of items that are on the DLS, so that if you want to download something, you can find it in that list? In other words, did I download a bunch of stuff this morning that I didn't really need?

Well anyway, I just ran a quick database repair, and now all the items that were showing that DS with the red S, Icon in the list that indicated that they were on the DLS ready for download , are grayed out, like they normally are, so maybe this was just an issue with my database.

That's a possibility too.

John

sniper297
September 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Actually CMP was born crazy, it just goes off its meds occasionally. If I'm reading this correctly, you're downloading EVERYTHING whether you use it or not?! Personally I ignore all the automatic update stuff, if somebody uploads a zillion KUID2 replacements for British 7 plank wagons or US intermodal container cars, why would I need to update them since I never use them? If a 40 foot boxcar that I actually DO use shows an update for the bogies or something available I'll download that individually, but I don't see the point of downloading updates for stuff I never use.

Robert2d6
September 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Actually CMP was born crazy, it just goes off its meds occasionally. If I'm reading this correctly, you're downloading EVERYTHING whether you use it or not?! Personally I ignore all the automatic update stuff, if somebody uploads a zillion KUID2 replacements for British 7 plank wagons or US intermodal container cars, why would I need to update them since I never use them? If a 40 foot boxcar that I actually DO use shows an update for the bogies or something available I'll download that individually, but I don't see the point of downloading updates for stuff I never use.

Well I think I got this figured out. Normally, when you select something for download, it shows the DS next to the asset which indicates that it is on the DLS ready for download. When I selected the Download Station Tab this morning in CMP, I would say about 1/2 of the 200,000 plus assets in there had the DS highlighted, which indicated to me that they were ready for download to my PC. I selected some of them and they downloaded perfectly. I thought somehow that these items were missing out of my content, and needed to be downloaded. But then I realized, that something was wrong, because this was about 1/2 of everything on the download station. That is why I decided to rebuild the data base, and when I did that, the highlighted DS's disappeared. I agree with you that downloading things you never use, just fills up your hard drive with unnecessary files.

sniper297
September 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Screwy part of content mangler is I click on the Today tab to see what I downloaded or modified today, sometimes I get just that list, other times it shows everything on the download station that's new along with it, so I have to add the location = local filter to weed all that out. As for what NEEDS to be updated, I always thought there should be an extra button.

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/4100/46740814.jpg

clam1952
September 30th, 2012, 01:00 PM

It's basically a shopping list of what's available, if you download everything you'll probably need a larger hard drive or two.

Mike_Brown
October 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
As for what NEEDS to be updated, I always thought there should be an extra button.

[/QUOTE]

Best idea since TS2009!!

fran1
October 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
As for what NEEDS to be updated, I always thought there should be an extra button.

Best idea since TS2009!![/QUOTE]

Do a cm search for out of date=true+location=local.
That should give you only what you need to update, although that's optional as it's not an absolute must do.

jer7149
October 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Am I the only one that the CM has been stuck on Tuesday September 11, 2012 for the most recent downloads available when I select the Download tab?

No you aren't except mine is September 12th. That's for TS 2010 CM 3.3. There are several threads in the forums about it.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?93634-More-potential-DLS-listing-related-problems-(details-in-thread)/page5

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?93264-Items-on-black-pages-but-not-CM-(12-14-Spetember)/page4

JCitron
October 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Best idea since TS2009!!

Do a cm search for out of date=true+location=local.
That should give you only what you need to update, although that's optional as it's not an absolute must do.[/QUOTE]

I saved this as a search filter and click on this first before I download anything new.

John