PDA

View Full Version : Ghost trains.......

devvvtrain
September 28th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Anyone is free to post ghost train pics here! I'd like to see them! They may post stories as well.

Darren

frogpipe
September 29th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Meaning Foklore / Urban Legends, or "a service run rarely to maintain the legal fiction that a station or line remains open"??

817TAYLOR
September 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
what about ghost train stories?
-Taylor

Scottbe8
September 29th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Ghost trains usually run right into me on the wrong rail despite my signals indicating "CLEAR". When I click on them, they go to where they are supposed to be. It's all because of a server glitch.

devvvtrain
September 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
That's what I meant!

Loggingmaster
October 14th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I was playing trainz on the I pad and I was getting chased by (demon 311)it was right behind me and Iam going full speed. Demon 311 is from the clinchfeild rail road it only appears on Holloween so keep an eye out for it. My eyes were like this o__0

I SWARE THIS ACUALY HAPPEND TO ME. It really scared. My

Euphod
October 14th, 2012, 04:57 PM
A timely subject that seems to arise every year or so about this time, if you search the forums for "ghost train" you will find a few pictures in former threads on the subject.

Engineerkenny
October 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
where is the demon 311? isnt it on the download station and i hope but is it free? i have been hearing about it

Loggingmaster
October 15th, 2012, 06:28 AM
No it's not but it haunts the rails in train sim
if u see deman311's red head lights YOUR SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

jjanmarine3
October 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
O:eek:O..I'm never gonna be able to shunt tonight .

nathanmallard
October 15th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I was playing trainz on the I pad and I was getting chased by (demon 311)it was right behind me and Iam going full speed. Demon 311 is from the clinchfeild rail road it only appears on Holloween so keep an eye out for it. My eyes were like this o__0

Yeah, right. We believe you.

Loggingmaster
October 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Look up trainz deman311 than u will believe me!!!!!

drchoi21
October 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM
hmmm. It doesn't happen to me though, maybe because I run trains that are over 200 mph? (Metroliner, Acela, TGV2, ALP46A, etc) and run NEC for my route

Engineerkenny
October 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
would it work if im on the trainz driver on my ipod and i were on the country route? please if you remeber which route i want to get chased and see how scary it is

RHeness24
October 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Spooky sort of on my favorite railroad they pay that ghost 25$ a day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6y8gII1ro

Loggingmaster
October 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
It happens randomly. All u hear is it's whistle and than it appears

RHeness24
October 16th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Usally its just a echo basically but never hurts to get that spooky feeling

nathanmallard
October 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
You won't get chased. It's made up. There's no such thing as "demon 311"".

SD45T-2
October 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Let's end this madness.

There was a series called the Railway Chronicles, and in the later episodes, there was a Halloween special. Due to a bug with a skin Epuhod made, CRR 311 makes no driving nosies, so it was used as a ghost loco. So there.

Oh, and if anyone wants the skin, here's the kiuds.
<kuid2:7592:10175:1>
<kuid2:7592:10176:1>

Engineerkenny
October 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
where is the engine?! can you send me a link or tell me

SD45T-2
October 16th, 2012, 06:59 PM
On the DLS. Simple as that.

deadpoolmx55
October 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM
heres one that happened to me.
well, i was recently in Centerville in Crawford county PA were the PRR Chautauqua branch (Octls2's route) ran threw, not realizing this at the time i was at my friends house, which is about a 1/2 mile from the old railroad bed. so we were going to drive to Titusville to get some pizza at little Cesar's. We walked out of his house and it was dark and snowy and got halfway to my car when suddenly we heard a distant whistle, and blew again in a cadence ive heard many steam locomotives do. as it continued to blow over and over again I stopped in my tracks. very confused I asked my friend Jake "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" he claims there was once a train wreck back in 30's just out side centerville and that the train derailed and sank into the swamp and that it was a ghost train. now I'm not to sure about that being true or it being a ghost train, it could have been someones old steam tractor or someone had a steam whistle but it kinda creeped me out. and i asked some other people in centerville casually if someone had an old steam whistle or something that whistles loudly and they all told me the same story. so i thought id tell you guys.
what do you think it is? I'm still skeptical.

RHeness24
October 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Nice ghost story perfect to tell I like it gave me the chills:D

Engineerkenny
October 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
whats it called isent it the clinchfeld 311? because i searched demon 311 in the CM under download station then i got nothing to display then i saw a video from last year when thye first came with it and is it me or did it say clinchfeld on the tender then just now i found one that said CRR #311 4-8-2 Mountain is that the one?

hholdenaz
October 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Out of curiosity, are we allowed to post Ghost Train stories we made up? I'm asking not just because I'm curious, but also because I actually did make one up myself.

jacksonbarno
October 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM
There actually was a wreck in Centerville PA in 1920. The lead engineer was killed, and the engine turned over, but the passenger cars all stayed upright, so if you go to investigate, only the engineer will be running after you, not w horde of zombies, so put your shotty away lol.

NW1218
December 11th, 2012, 02:09 PM
No need to ruin everyone's fun.

haddock56
December 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I hate to bring MSTS into this but the one story I found sent chills down my spine the first time I read it. Thomasville Railroad #13. Do NOT read this at night if you are easily scared, it's not your usual ghost story but there's some evidence there that I believe might be true. It's raining outside as I'm typing this lol.

kws4000
December 11th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I hate to bring MSTS into this but the one story I found sent chills down my spine the first time I read it. Thomasville Railroad #13. Do NOT read this at night if you are easily scared, it's not your usual ghost story but there's some evidence there that I believe might be true. It's raining outside as I'm typing this lol.

Do you have a link for us?

chickenlover
May 5th, 2013, 05:56 AM

You had a dream. I had a dream that the loco was trying to go to the shed but the brige was still broken so it fell down in the same place every time like was an infinite loop. Must be someone trying to demolish it.

tomurban
May 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Does this qualify. I found this on a screen shot forum a long time ago. I don't remember who posted it, so I can't credit the author. Anyhow, I think its a great shot and fits the theme of this thread.

http://www.hostthenpost.org/uploads/1a35b14b3023677869973fb6e12f44ed.jpg (http://hostthenpost.org)

cascaderailroad
May 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
There is a guy that has a million dollar wager, for anyone who can prove without any reasonable doubt, the existence of Ghosts, Aliens, Sasquatch ... etc ...

Engineerkenny
May 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I just remembering once me and my dad were driving down to the mall for a haircut down in Hyannis mass and so the tracks we have always passed well anyways this was 2009 I think and I looked over with my dad and saw a train we both pulled into this motorcycle shop to get a better look next look back at the spot I looked both ways.......... but NO TRAIN!? :eek: and so I think it was possible if I saw the ghost of Mass Coastal #1201! :confused: which is the train I walked along side of when I was 3 years old and some guy who was working in the yard let me and my dad take a look around I just realized that now:eek:

preston725
January 18th, 2016, 01:39 PM
does timothy the ghost E2 Class Count As A Ghost Train?

ktain.ny
January 19th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Well, one story DOES come to mind...

for those of you who know, the Great Northern roosterd a fleet of S-2 4-8-4s. One engine in paticular had mental health problems. The engine required a special type of coal that worked as medicine to act ok. When the engine heard that the railway was going to scrap him and his brothers, something deep within him snapped, and he went insane- bonkers- totally MAD. He tricked his crew into giving him normal coal, and they set off to collect his train-- the empire builder.

as the train rushed along, the engine thought to himself "yes here is good" as a sharp turn was approaching. The engine picked up speed, and his wheels moved faster and faster. "Woah, slow down!" Said his driver, but he only laughed. Ahead was a sharp curve, and he flew off of it, still attached to his train. Everyone on board died. The train had been traversing the Sierra Nevada, and the train fell deep into a crevice. When all the wreckage was removed, there was no sign of the engine, some say it drove its self all the way down to hell.

Thats the end of my story. All credit to metal head railfan of fanfiction.com it's also fictional. This never happened in real life.

trainman7616
January 19th, 2016, 02:53 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/51977816.jpg

ALSO did you and preston really have to bump a 2 year old thread just to post........that?

ktain.ny
January 19th, 2016, 03:38 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/51977816.jpg

ALSO did you and preston really have to bump a 2 year old thread just to post........that?
whats wrong with it?

MeowRailroad
January 19th, 2016, 04:16 PM
First of all, trains don't have personalities and feelings and emotions and thoughts.

ktain.ny
January 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM
First of all, trains don't have personalities and feelings and emotions and thoughts.
Did I mention fictional? It's just a story...

nathanmallard
January 19th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Steam locomotives with mental health problems! Gosh, they should start a support group.
Seriously, I know it's cliche, but what did I just read.

ktain.ny
January 19th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Steam locomotives with mental health problems! Gosh, they should start a support group.
Seriously, I know it's cliche, but what did I just read.
I didn't even make the story!

CPRailSD40-2
January 19th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Can y'all just stop raging at him for a story?

LNERlover5
January 19th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Can y'all just stop raging at him for a story?

It's the context of a train with mental health issues, it's a touch disturbing. Not because it's in anyway a scary story, but because it's odd that someone could come up with such a strange idea... Never mind using the topic of mental health in such a manner might actually upset someone.

EverTrainz
January 19th, 2016, 08:58 PM
The fact that the train has faced mental health issues, murdered ~300 people, and escaped/disintegrated into a ghoul (whose means of self-transportation seem sketchy, at the very least) is reminiscent of the most cliché of cliché stories, except a train is the ghost. After all, what's a pair of rails underfoot differentiating us from trains, anyway? :o

ktain.ny
January 20th, 2016, 08:27 AM
The fact that the train has faced mental health issues, murdered ~300 people, and escaped/disintegrated into a ghoul (whose means of self-transportation seem sketchy, at the very least) is reminiscent of the most cliché of cliché stories, except a train is the ghost. After all, what's a pair of rails underfoot differentiating us from trains, anyway? :o
So for some reason there can be ttte fans, but not people who make up/share story's about talking trains? For the second time, it's a ghost train thread, I told a story, just a story, and and now all of you guys are being really mean about it, why? I told a sorta cliche story about a ghost train, and now I belong in a support group. *sigh*

nathanmallard
January 20th, 2016, 10:55 AM
You don't belong in a support group, the train does! It was a humorous comment, I apologise if I caused any offence.

cascaderailroad
January 20th, 2016, 11:30 AM
~something deep within him snapped, and he went insane- bonkers- totally MAD ~ the engine thought to himself "yes here is good" as a sharp turn was approaching. The engine picked up speed, and his wheels moved faster and faster. "Woah, slow down!" Said his driver, but he only laughed. Ahead was a sharp curve, and he flew off of it, still attached to his train. Everyone on board died. ~ When all the wreckage was removed, there was no sign of the engine, some say it drove its self all the way down to hell.
I thought it was kinda' funny myself, and got quite a chuckle out of it :hehe: Especially the short, to the point, 4 word sentence, epitaph: "Everyone on board died" ... "some say it drove its self all the way down to hell" ... lol ... Maybe it is in a pit, deep in the bowels of the junk yard, where Freddy Krueger is ?

ARhian7
January 20th, 2016, 03:07 PM
A quote from this link:
http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/2010/07/ghost_train.html

Ghost Train

An Alberta Ghost Story

retold by

S. E. Schlosser

"I was a railway fireman back in those days, working on the CPR line in Alberta. I did a hard day's work and earned me a fair wage. I was young then, and my pretty little bride was just setting up housekeeping in the little cottage that was all we could afford. Life was good, and I thought everything would continue rolling along that way.

Then came that fateful day in May of 1908. I was working nights that month, and my buddy Twohey was the engineer. We were about three kilometers out of Medicine Hat when a blazing light appeared in front of the engine. It was another train on a collision course with us. Twohey yelled at me to jump, but there was no time. The light was right on top of us. I thought we were dead. Then the oncoming train veered off to the right and ran passed us, its whistle blowing and the passengers staring at us through the windows. But there was only a single track in that stretch of hills, and it was the one we were on. I looked over at the shrieking, rumbling Ghost Train and saw that the wheels were not touching the ground!

Well, we were mighty spooked by the incident. Twohey decided to take some time off from engineering and began working in the yard; but I kept working the night shift as a fireman, not wanting some Ghost Train to drive me away a job I enjoyed.

A few weeks later, I was stoking the fire for an engineer named Nicholson when we heard the shrill whistle blast through the calm night air. We were on the same single track just outside of Medicine Hat, and the brilliant light of the Ghost Train burst out of nowhere, blinding us. Nicholson gave a shout of terror and I thought my heart would stop. As before, the Ghost Train veered off to the right at the last possible second. I saw it race passed us on tracks that did not exist, its passengers staring curiously at Nicholson and I from out of the windows.

That did it. I wasn't about to go back on the tracks after that. I did yard work for the rest of the month of May and a few weeks in June. Finally, I decided that enough was enough, and I gritted my teeth and resumed my role as fireman.

I was firing up an engine in the yard one evening in early July when the report of an accident came in. The Spokane Flyer and a Lethbridge passenger train had a head-on collision on the single track three kilometers outside of Medicine Hat, on the exact spot where the Ghost Train had appeared. The Lethbridge locomotive had derailed and its baggage car was destroyed. Seven people were killed in the accident, including the two engineers. One was my buddy Twohey, and the other was Nicholson."

ktain.ny
January 20th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Nice story there. Spooky to!

Gameoholic1994
September 20th, 2018, 08:46 PM
I'm trying to make my own Clinchfield "Demon 311" by typing each color code in the config text as 300,0,0,255, but the smoke only comes out to fade from red to pink to white as it leaves the engine.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1600x1200q90/923/OuymbX.png (https://imageshack.com/i/pnOuymbXp)

That's not exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm trying to make it "all-red," or "full-red," like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXeqmsZFUY

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1600x1200q90/923/TVbWhC.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pnTVbWhCj)

SailorDan
September 20th, 2018, 09:28 PM
I'm trying to make my own Clinchfield "Demon 311" by typing each color code in the config text as 300,0,0,255, but the smoke only comes out to fade from red to pink to white as it leaves the engine.
300 is not a valid value for a color list.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/%22Smoke%22_container#color
If your smoke is not appearing as expected you may need to consider other tags used in the container.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/%22Smoke%22_container