PDA

View Full Version : Need some download help please

4ndylloyd
September 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Since installing the SnC add on all my downloads via the Black (and new Blue) pages try to open in the SnC version of Content Manager, which then asks for a valid serial key code despite the correct serial number being entered. I have changed the default program settings in internet options so that all cdp's open in my TRS2009 WBE installed Content Manager but no matter what I try all my downloads outsde of Content Manager try to go to SnC CM. This is only a problem since the DLS has started playing up with CM but there must be a solution to this somewhere :confused:

Anyone got any ideas as to what I can try??

Thanks, Andy

clam1952
September 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
S&C stand alone doesn't have Content manager functions unless possibly you add your 2009 serial to it, not sure about that as never tried it.
Change your file associations back to Content manager in what ever version you want to use.

Find a cdp file, right click, Open With, browse to correct CM, apply or whatever it says.

shaneturner12
September 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Your other option is to use my Trainz Protocol Changer to change the associations, which will also include the trainz:// protocol.

Shane

4ndylloyd
September 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi Malc,

The fact that SnC doesn't have CM functions is my problem and it wont allow me to add by 2009 WBE serial number, it keeps saying that the code is invalid whether I enter it manually or cut and paste it from within my profile. I have also set the file associations for CDPs to the 2009 WBE version of CM by right clicking and selcting 'open with' and also by setting the file association in Internet options. I am at a loss as to why this is happening or what else I can do :o

Andy

4ndylloyd
September 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Your other option is to use my Trainz Protocol Changer to change the associations, which will also include the trainz:// protocol.

Shane

Thanks Shane,

Thats got to be worth a try...where can I find it?

Andy

shaneturner12
September 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM
It's on my tutorial site at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/trainz-protocol-changer.

Be aware that it may take a few minutes the first time it's run so it can find your Trainz installation(s).

Shane

4ndylloyd
September 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Ta,

Will take a look when I come back from collecting my daughter from a party!

shaneturner12
September 28th, 2012, 03:56 PM
OK - bear in mind that the tool will take a few minutes or so the first time it's loaded, and that I may not be online then. If there are any issues, I will be back online tomorrow.

Shane

EDIT: When using the utility, you will need to select the correct folder path first, then the associations you want to change, then you can click a button to change them.

4ndylloyd
September 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Shane,

Your utility sorted out my problem. Many thanks :D

Andy

shaneturner12
September 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
It's OK - that's why I make utilities is to help others solve problems that are not always easily fixed by other means.

Shane