PDA

View Full Version : Is someone willing to send me the spec grey texture files please?

mchone2012
September 26th, 2012, 04:14 PM
BNSF ES44AC is missing this i need it so if anyone has it by chance can you send a copy of it my way please thanks !

RRSignal
September 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Not legal. Here's how to fix it. FYI, there are probably more threads on how to fix sporbusts' content than any other topic.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?92820-Can-SP-or-Bust-s-stuff-work-in-TS-2012-HELP-Please&p=1036146&highlight=specgrey#post1036146

Enzo1
September 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
BNSF ES44AC is missing this i need it so if anyone has it by chance can you send a copy of it my way please thanks !
Best way to do it, is find the spgray.tga and re-save as the specgrey.tga, and then clone an easy texture file to work with and call it the specgrey.texture.txt.. Then it should work...

mchone2012
September 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
(( i dont even have spec grey ) or any of the sorts in my cdp anywhere at all... can i just make one in paint.... and if so how ??

RRSignal
September 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM
You may not need to. Follow the advice given in that link, to run the mesh through PM2IM with Strip Textures set. Right-click View Errors and Warnings while the asset is still open for edit; if the error is still present, you can simply revert the asset and effectively "undo" the repair.

Sporbust's assets are unusual in that "both types" of major texture errors (apart from not being a power of 2) are present in most of them. In other words, errors in which textures are legitimately missing and also in which old textures weren't used (and thus could be stripped out).

P.S. ...and if you do need to create one, just make a solid BMP file in Paint or Gimp that's a power of 2 - I recommend 16x16. Just make sure the *.texture.txt file points to it.

rweber95
September 26th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Adding a specgrey texture will not fix that loco because it was applied in a TEX_SPECTRAL slot which is not allowed in Trainz TS2009 and later. That's one of the purposes of PEV's PM2IM utilility to remove textures in illegal slots.

Bob Weber

BD1
September 27th, 2012, 05:59 AM
You can copy any other 64x64 tga image, rename it "specgrey", and re-color it in MS Paint, Irfanview etc, and paste it in the loco "body" file. It is just a simple gray square R 72, B 72, G 72