PDA

View Full Version : Cabon City Question

Robert2d6
September 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I posted this on the Cabon City forum, but don't know how active that is. I just bought the Cabon City add on yesterday and installed it into TS12. It looks great, but I can't figure out how to self drive the trams. I abandon the schedule, and that allows me to self drive, but i can't figure out which way to set the switches to get to my destination. I though by selecting a route in the HUD, the switches would be set for the destination automatically, but apparently not. Is there some trick to this, cause I sure can't figure it out, and trying to navigate with the map is almost impossible. So I am left with riding as a passenger with the AI driving the schedule which isn't much fun.

TrainzAreTheBest12
September 25th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Try loading the map into surveyor and use the mini-map(Menu Bar Up Top>Mini-map) to find your desired stop, and then set the switches according to the map. Go into Startup Commands or whatever its called, and remove the schedule that is set up. Then you can set up your own if you desire to do so(Most Likely Not). Hope I helped!

Robert2d6
September 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Well I played with this route all day today and have decided that other than some really great scenery, it is a total waste of time. They have a few built in sessions, but if you try and drive the sessions yourself, though a maze of tracks throughout the city, there is no way you can get any guidance except to continually reference the map and try to figure out which way to go. Not only that, but the HUD, after you pick the route, will not even show you the next station in order to stay on the route. It just shows you the next station depending on which way the next switch is set. So self driving a route is almost impossible unless you just want to wander around, and constantly switch to the map view every few blocks to figure out which way to go.

So the next thing I did was to let the AI driver follow the route that is programmed into that driver. Guess what, the AI driver has no clue how to get to the next stop either :'(, and just wanders around in circles. I kept the map up while the AI driver was driving, and saw the station that he was supposed to head for, and he kept going around to the same 4 or 5 stations in a circle, and never made any attempt to head for the next programmed station. This would have gone on for hours, I would suspect, if I hadn't decided to end the session.

I'm done with this route for awhile, unless I want to sit on a Tram and ride around in circles.

rjhowie
September 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Maybe when I take a break from my present railway build and i get back to my rather large tramway to sort out and get it on the DLS that might be of interest! ww.glasgowtramsim.moonfruit.com (for a wee look at Glasgow until 1962). it's big and based on the actual closed in 1962. :)

bolivar
September 26th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Been hanging out for your Glasgow route for quite a few years now, rjhowie. Looks excellent. Hope u go ahead and release it.

NickieFoenshauge
September 26th, 2012, 03:33 AM
I haven't tried it, but maybe, if you edit the session and include the 'Set Path' Driver Command, you can use this to set the junctions, so you can just drive along happily without having to bother about the junctions.

rjhowie
September 26th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Hi bolivar,

So far one "local" has a copy when he brought a portable hard drive along (!). Have been realy busy building the whole of the NIR across in Ulster and nearly done but decided to add the route down to Dublin. The tramway needs to be looked at as there are number of faults showing and need to find out how to correct them. Noticed other wee things in the scenery such as wonky pavements and things when I had a look recently. What I need to do is crawl over the whole Glasgow network but I am not going to be too fussy on wee things of no great consequence. What I can say however there are physically hours and hours of driving in every diretion as folk will see in the maps. It was a long time in doing and although not pristine it is rather big (well when it close in 1962 had been the biggest outside London All the routes are where they once were. In addition I have included a couple of routes closed before World war 2. It is my tribute to a great tramway which seen 250,000 turning out for the last procession on a heavy rainfall night in that year. Sad. Off and on it took me three years inbetween work and other things. Nearly gave up several times as thought I had bitten off more than i could chew for my first Trainz effort! Will keep you in mind!

Bobby
Still a proud Glaswegian

boyerm25
September 27th, 2012, 05:50 AM
The point of "Cabon City" and the Built-In TS10 "Modula City" is to set the routes and then watch all the trams pass, stop, and go over and under each other. To get a good effect you need a lot of trams all running different routes.

Dean_Forest
September 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
To set the junctions, look at the track preview view on the HUD, using the arrows, you should be able to set the junctions and see which stations they lead to