PDA

View Full Version : Need help with installing Trainz 2012 please

Firefighterdan
September 22nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
I just downloaded Trainz 2012 from Auran and was wondering how do I go about unpacking all this stuff and where to. Thank you!:wave:

kd7eirjim
September 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
You should have about six files. Put all of them in the same folder. Then click on the setup file.

Williamb73
September 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
I clicked on one file at a time, when the installer needs the next file it will ask you the path or where to find it. I put all the files on the desktop then move the install window so I can see the files on the side. Then install one at a time. Just another way.

Firefighterdan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Hmm...I am missing 1a here is a screenshot of what was downloaded: Sorry for the two screen shots...I am running two monitors and this is what I get. http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc290/Firefighterdan/trainz12help_zpsfcae3a6f.jpg

Euphod
September 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
You have to unpack the rar files, they are a compressed container for the files needed for installation. Unpack them with a utility and place all the unpacked folders in a single folder, then initiate the installation by activating the exe file.

Firefighterdan
September 23rd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Found the problem, my exe file was corrupt. I downloaded it again and we are good to go. Thanks everyone!:wave: