PDA

View Full Version : Will you ever make a....?

frogpipe
September 18th, 2012, 10:20 PM
40' boxcar, old style flatcar? I LOVE your rolling stock, and those old 40'ers that come with Trainz they just don't cut it coupled up to the stuff you guys offer... So are their any "older" design cars on deck, either freeware or payware?

frogpipe
September 19th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Example tho I think it's a 50':

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r568/PA626/Trainz/frogpipe_20120919_0000_zps9d4fae8b.jpg

JoshEH
September 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hey,

There was one in the works by me, but I got side tracked by my day job so for now it's been sitting on the shelf waiting to be revisited. It is decently along though so, maybe it wont be too much to get it finished up.

http://josheh.com/pictures/boxcar_wip01.jpg

http://josheh.com/pictures/boxcar_wip03.jpg

RRSignal
September 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM
That looks great, Josh. I know looks can be deceiving but she looks she just needs some couplers and bogies before hitting the rails! :)

817TAYLOR
September 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh
O_______O

JoshEH
September 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
That looks great, Josh. I know looks can be deceiving but she looks she just needs some couplers and bogies before hitting the rails! :)

They would get mad at me if I didn't get the other gear attacked. Brake houses, latches for the doors, rods for uncoupling, etc.

JoshEH
September 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh
O_______O

That bad huh?

817TAYLOR
September 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
try that amazing

simulatortrain
September 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Would be awesome to see that finished, I like the modernized version as it sits. Being a 70s modeler, it would be really neat to be able to chop different amounts of ladders off (or leave them all on) for different cars.

frogpipe
September 19th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hmmm, that does look nice... would it have couplers and hoses that matchup to JRs rolling stock? I know it's silly, but ever since I saw that theirs look connected I've been in love with that to the point that I've 'disabled' all my other cars (hence me asking if they were going to make any).

JoshEH
September 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Would be awesome to see that finished, I like the modernized version as it sits. Being a 70s modeler, it would be really neat to be able to chop different amounts of ladders off (or leave them all on) for different cars.

I thought about that some. It's intended to be a an old boxcar in modern times, where they've removed the walkways on the top. I was thinking it'd be good to do a variation with them in place.

Hmmm, that does look nice... would it have couplers and hoses that matchup to JRs rolling stock? I know it's silly, but ever since I saw that theirs look connected I've been in love with that to the point that I've 'disabled' all my other cars (hence me asking if they were going to make any).

I'd like them to. That's something I like too.

frogpipe
September 20th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Oh... Puhleezzzzzzz put walkboards on!!! Seem a shame not to have them and probably < 40 polys... Other then that I'll wait eagerly for it's release!!

DJReonic
September 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM
...E44?

...GG1?

...set of E and F units?

All of the above in PRR, PC, and CR colors?

Edit: I know I'm being a bit of a gimme-pig, but I have been scouring the internet for these, and I haven't found any good ones, with the exception of some F-units, which don't have ARN.

frogpipe
September 20th, 2012, 09:50 PM
GG1 would be Schweeeeet!! Still just barely remember them running on the NEC back in the Penn Central days as a boy.