PDA

View Full Version : JointedRail Website Difficulties- 9/2/12

yutzk
September 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
JointedRail is currently experiencing some issues with its website and due to this it may be up and down over the course of the next week and possibily offline altogether starting Tuesday thru late next week for a ground up website rebuild. If we experience anymore downtime during our sale period till the 4th of September we will extend the sale accordingly once the site is back up working at 100%

Thank you.

Kevin

817TAYLOR
September 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
This sucks
Glad I got my stuff yesterday
:p

I hope all goes well
JR #1 Fan
-Taylor

September 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
JR must be hacking itself... :o

Jacobchgo19
September 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Is the site going to look the same? Or what?

Therock
September 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
JR must be hacking itself... :o

internet breadcrumbs!

CPman117
September 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
if theres internet breadcrumbs weres the internet birds that should be eating em!

64Warhorse
September 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
They got angry and left to play with the pigs instead ...

yutzk
September 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
And were down again guys. PLEASE do NOT post 14 new threads on it....we're aware and it will be back when it can be.

The newest outage has also affected our email accounts so these will be down until things are fixed. IF you have purchased something and are having issues please be patient with us until we are back live again. You can always PM me via the forum here as well if anything is needed.

EDIT: Email is back for now, but if you dont get a response from us within 24 hrs send us a PM instead as that will definitely mean i didnt get it!

qassaquyangli
September 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
This is why I get redirected to a bike store. Man I was going to get a CSX MAC! GRRR. The sale too . DOUBLE GRRR. Well hope to see ya guys back up and runnin'!

JCitron
September 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck with your server repairs. Technical difficulties suck!

John

epa
September 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
I got my NS ES40DC right before they went down. Im a lucky duck (almost made a huge typo. LOL). Sorry guys who couldn't get what they wanted.

cabuse
September 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
aww was looking forwards to buying the MBTA F40PH pack, well they have to wait a bit more it seems :P

yutzk
September 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
The sale will be extended once were back online guys...you can still get what youd like at the discounts then

midtown75712
September 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Best of luck with repairs to yalls site.

KingConrail76
September 3rd, 2012, 11:40 PM
The sale will be extended once were back online guys...you can still get what youd like at the discounts then

For those of us who are just "casual" Trainzers, and don't site in front of the monitor waiting for the site to resume normal function, (and have no idea how long you have already been down), do we just send a notice that we missed the sale due to technical difficulty, or is the extension a finite amount of time and too bad if we miss it?

opus722
September 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
It's sad the website has to go down, but what sort of changes are being made to the website during the rebuild? Or is it all behind the scenes database improvement stuff that the general public won't notice?

RHeness24
September 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
so thats why the log in is the way it is I was wondering what happened.

jointedrail
September 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
It's going to be a ground up rebuild. We will be addressing several issues that we have had for a while. We will also be making the site much easier to navigate as well as adding some other features. We just got back from out of state so we'll be getting back to work tomorrow on getting back up.

Thanks for all the support guys, I have to say our web host is one amazing guy!!!

Mike

HLJames
September 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hope that means us Club Car members will be a part of the rebuild. Keep up the good work, as I keep thinking about buying more in the future.

cabuse
September 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM
btw there few payware items that cannot be found anymore, like the F40PH's or the packs.

yutzk
September 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
btw there few payware items that cannot be found anymore, like the F40PH's or the packs.

Were aware. There are alot of things broken right now. Site will more than likely go offline soon to begin a complete rebuild.

September 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I have to say our web host is one amazing guy!!!

Are you even allowed to say that here??? Goes against the moderators ruling. :D

cabuse
September 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Were aware. There are alot of things broken right now. Site will more than likely go offline soon to begin a complete rebuild.

Thanks i was looking fowards to buy those F40PH :P and maybe some ES44 but F40PH coulnd be found , anyways you guys says that the sell will be extended so i guess i have to wait a bit more. Patience is the key in these situations!

Brentb73
September 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Does this outage affect the possible purchase of the Tropicana Juice Train at Whistlin Dixie?

SD45T-2
September 7th, 2012, 09:31 PM
No, that's most likely handled by something else.

GTW1226
September 7th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Any idea when the site should be back?

DJReonic
September 7th, 2012, 11:27 PM
@GTW Just like everything else they do, it will be done when it's done. I hate it just as much as everyone else, but we all have to be patient. I want the site back up, the dash 9s, the Horseshoe Curve, and a nice electric (GG1) or 2, but I'd rather have them be awesome, and come out later on, than come out now, and be not-so-awesome.

cabuse
September 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Its like n life, if you want something better to wait then buy it now... like the PS3 when it came out was around 500$. i bought it the next year for 180$ :P

colwell27
September 10th, 2012, 08:46 AM
It has only been a week since JR’s site went down but it feels like a month. LOL
I’m looking forward to the new engine features and the new dash 9’s. Until then I just have to keep hiding my extra money from the wife.
Jeff

GTW1226
September 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
it has feel like a Month lol!!

PBY357
September 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM
when is the site supposed to be up?

jointedrail
September 11th, 2012, 07:43 PM
We're ironing out some bugs and minor details but we expect to be back up in the next day or two.

THanks!

Mike

SD45T-2
September 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM
It's up again, and it looks pretty good. But, you can't shop there just yet.

Jokel317
September 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Very nice professional look.

RHeness24
September 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I can't log in? What the?

yutzk
September 11th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I can't log in? What the?

Per two posts above yours "We're ironing out some bugs and minor details but we expect to be back up in the next day or two."

The new site will more than likely require you to re-register again just as an FYI. New site is utilizing something entirely different from the previous site/store.

jointedrail
September 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Folks, the site is NOT READY YET. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOGIN, also PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. We will be restoring several databases while we bring the site back online, again it's not ready for use as of yet. Many parts have not yet been activated and therefore will not work.

Thanks!

Mike

RHeness24
September 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM
oh ok then let me know when you are back up things like this take time to work on right:)

opus722
September 11th, 2012, 08:26 PM
The new website looks slick. That search function looks like it will be handy.

jointedrail
September 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah I'm trying to answer a ton of requests we have had since the get go. Most of them were an easier to use site. This should certainly help to ease navigation, among other goodies. The final list of upgrades will be announced with the new site.

Thanks guys,

Mike

HLJames
September 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
The new site will more than likely require you to re-register again just as an FYI. New site is utilizing something entirely different from the previous site/store.
If that's the case, how are these changes going to effect Club Car members.. if at all?

yutzk
September 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
If that's the case, how are these changes going to effect Club Car members.. if at all?

Don't worry....we'll definitely be taking care of the clubcar members as well. Were still working those details out but were trying to keep the impact minimal.

HLJames
September 11th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Don't worry....we'll definitely be taking care of the clubcar members as well. Were still working those details out but were trying to keep the impact minimal.
Only thought I'd ask as I bought in to it, but don't want to risk missing out on anything. Thanks, love the work you guys do at JointedRail.

cabuse
September 11th, 2012, 10:48 PM
btw is the labor day sale still going to be put? since i tried to get some loco but of one i never found them, and also the next day the website went down for maintance :P

frogpipe
September 11th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Probably a "growing pain" but your clickable ad for Trainz 12, in the upper left corner of the content pane, links to "http://jointedrail.com/index.php/apparel/shoes/womens/anashria-womens-premier-leather-sandal.html" :hehe: (it's a dead end link of course)

Euphod
September 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM
btw is the labor day sale still going to be put? since i tried to get some loco but of one i never found them, and also the next day the website went down for maintance :P

Please read the first post in this thread.

deadpoolmx55
September 11th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I wish I would of read this thread before I went straight to jointed rail and made a new account, sorry.

norfolksouthern37
September 11th, 2012, 11:06 PM
The labor day sale went on as planned, and the site was not down for very long during the sale. on Tuesday the site went into rebuild and will be finished very soon. once it returns to full capacity we can extend the sale for a day because of the short downtime on Sunday and Monday.

yutzk
September 12th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Probably a "growing pain" but your clickable ad for Trainz 12, in the upper left corner of the content pane, links to "http://jointedrail.com/index.php/apparel/shoes/womens/anashria-womens-premier-leather-sandal.html" :hehe: (it's a dead end link of course)

Were very aware things dont work correctly yet which is why the site is not complete. the link was due to the default template for our new store software.

njmetsfan
September 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
"I'm just looking at some shoes for your mother dear." *returns to Jointed Rail*

GTW1226
September 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I wish I would of read this thread before I went straight to jointed rail and made a new account, sorry.

I did that last night.