PDA

View Full Version : Problem with all multiplayer routes on my TS12

Trainman10
August 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Hello all, when I first installed Trainz 2012, I screwed up some of the built-in files by turning the texture compression off, so I reinstalled the game and patched it to the latest patch available. Now I get this issue on every multiplayer session I try and play:

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt348/Trainman1993/Trainz%20Simulator%202009/Trainman10_20120822_0000.jpg

I have all dependencies for the routes and sessions off the DLS or from the Built-in assets. If anybody can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

colourlight
August 22nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
If you have checked both the route AND the session for missing dependencies and there are none that leaves two possibilities. Sometimes doing an extended database repair and restarting your computer is the answer. The other thing it could be is that you have at least one of the dependencies locally modified. Check both the route and session for this and if you find them there may be an option to revert to original or simply delete them then reinstall them. Once you have done that it may ten be neccessary to do an extended database repair followed by a restart as I already mentioned. You should also check that you have downloaded the correct route for the session.

Trainman10
August 22nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the quick reply colourlight. I will try your solutions/suggestions. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Kai

sniper297
August 22nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?302069-My-choo-choo-is-broke!&p=1766145#post1766145

Trainman10
August 22nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?302069-My-choo-choo-is-broke!&p=1766145#post1766145

Thanks had 2 assets that were locally modified.

Cheers,
Kai

Trainman10
August 23rd, 2012, 05:45 AM
If you have checked both the route AND the session for missing dependencies and there are none that leaves two possibilities. Sometimes doing an extended database repair and restarting your computer is the answer. The other thing it could be is that you have at least one of the dependencies locally modified. Check both the route and session for this and if you find them there may be an option to revert to original or simply delete them then reinstall them. Once you have done that it may ten be neccessary to do an extended database repair followed by a restart as I already mentioned. You should also check that you have downloaded the correct route for the session.

I have tried your suggestions, but none of them worked. Could there possibly be something else?

Cheers,
Kai

shaneturner12
August 23rd, 2012, 05:56 AM
It may be worth checking if any of the built-in items are modified, especially if you've had the texture compression problem. If they are, right-click them, select Edit, then click Revert to Original.

I do state in the fix for texture compression that assets used for multiplayer have to be deleted and reinstalled if not built-in.

Shane

danny5
August 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Another thing is check to see if anything is open for edit.

colourlight
August 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
If you did a reinstall that shoul fix any issues you had although Shaneturner is far more of an expert than me. Danny,s sugestion is worth checking out. Not much else it can be. Select the route and the two options "view dependencies" and also "view errors and warnings" Then do the same for the Session. If there are no errors, unknown or missing dependencies then you need to do a search with the following filters. "location", "local", "obsolete" "true" and if there are any delete them.

Trainman10
August 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
If you did a reinstall that shoul fix any issues you had although Shaneturner is far more of an expert than me. Danny,s sugestion is worth checking out. Not much else it can be. Select the route and the two options "view dependencies" and also "view errors and warnings" Then do the same for the Session. If there are no errors, unknown or missing dependencies then you need to do a search with the following filters. "location", "local", "obsolete" "true" and if there are any delete them.

I'm doing a complete game re-install to be safe. Thanks for all the help guys! :wave:

Cheers,
Kai

danny5
August 23rd, 2012, 11:30 PM
What build number are you at??

Trainman10
August 24th, 2012, 01:53 AM
What build number are you at??

Build 49922. I just finished the re-install. Have all my custom content and payware installed, now downloading missing dependencies.

Cheers,
Kai

colourlight
August 24th, 2012, 02:21 AM
You should not use the phrase "payware" in the same sentence as "multiplayer". They do not go well together. And the phrase "custom content" fills me with forboding. I guess we had better hope it,ll be alright on the night, so to speak. I have written several posts on multiplayer and what to do and what not to but and having payware and 3rd party content in the same installation as multiplayer is not one of my sugestions.

Trainman10
August 24th, 2012, 08:52 AM
You should not use the phrase "payware" in the same sentence as "multiplayer". They do not go well together. And the phrase "custom content" fills me with forboding. I guess we had better hope it,ll be alright on the night, so to speak. I have written several posts on multiplayer and what to do and what not to but and having payware and 3rd party content in the same installation as multiplayer is not one of my sugestions.

Still have the error unfortunately...

Scottbe8
August 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Still have the error unfortunately...

I tried joining the UMR session with a clean version of Trainz, only to run into the same problem. It is my belief that some of the problems may be caused by not having the Aerotrain DLC. This pack includes Passengers,<kuid:-3:11061>, which makes the TS12 builtin Passengers,<kuid:-3:11060> obsolete. If the host of the session has Aerotrain installed, all guests must also have Aerotrain to compensate for the host using <kuid:-3:11061>. That's my theory, anyway.

colourlight
August 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM
After my problems with my Route & Session caused by Settle & Carlisle I had to reinstall Trainz 12 and it is now 100% clean. The only problem I had was when I downloaded the Routes & Sessions, including UMR, quite a few dependencies did not download and had to be downloaded seperately. I certainly did not buy the Aerotrain DLC Pack and once all the dependencies were downloaded I had no problems. Nor do i believe that the host of UMR has it either. I can only repeat what I said earlier. Payware and 3rd Party Content should not be TS12 if you want to play multiplayer. This is especially true if you are creating a multiplayer session. The best advice i can give you Trainman is to install a 2nd copy of TS12 in a folder with a different name solely for multiplayer with ONLY built in and DLS downloads.

Trainman10
August 25th, 2012, 02:39 AM
After my problems with my Route & Session caused by Settle & Carlisle I had to reinstall Trainz 12 and it is now 100% clean. The only problem I had was when I downloaded the Routes & Sessions, including UMR, quite a few dependencies did not download and had to be downloaded seperately. I certainly did not buy the Aerotrain DLC Pack and once all the dependencies were downloaded I had no problems. Nor do i believe that the host of UMR has it either. I can only repeat what I said earlier. Payware and 3rd Party Content should not be TS12 if you want to play multiplayer. This is especially true if you are creating a multiplayer session. The best advice i can give you Trainman is to install a 2nd copy of TS12 in a folder with a different name solely for multiplayer with ONLY built in and DLS downloads.

Do you think it would be caused by installing the game and then directly patching the game without entering anything into the game?

shaneturner12
August 25th, 2012, 02:51 AM
That shouldn't affect it, as the patching only affects the core game files and the built-in content.

As colourlight has said though, installing any payware (addon packs or general) or content from sites other than the Download Station may cause issues for you with regards to Multiplayer.

Shane

Trainman10
August 25th, 2012, 03:05 AM
That shouldn't affect it, as the patching only affects the core game files and the built-in content.

As colourlight has said though, installing any payware (addon packs or general) or content from sites other than the Download Station may cause issues for you with regards to Multiplayer.

Shane

Ok. Wasn't sure. I re-installed the game then ran it to test it, then I patched it. Now I'm installing the MRL V2.8 Route, Session, and Dependencies then testing MP.

colourlight
August 25th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.

Trainman10
August 25th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.

My multiplayer works once again but I got an error saying that the session wasn't compatible with my version of Trainz. Got any ideas on this?

Cheers,
Kai

colourlight
August 25th, 2012, 04:14 AM
This should be easy to fix, I hope. Check that the build number is 49922 first of all just to be on the safe side. Then do an extended database repair and restart your computer.

Trainman10
August 25th, 2012, 11:37 AM
This should be easy to fix, I hope. Check that the build number is 49922 first of all just to be on the safe side. Then do an extended database repair and restart your computer.

I deleted the session and redownloaded it and it fixed it. Thanks for the help everybody! :D

Cheers,
Kai

colourlight
August 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
My pleasure. I,m relieved you have got it working at last.