PDA

View Full Version : New to trainz2010

dogwalker118
August 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hi everyone,
Just installed 2010 and it's great. The only problem is that it keeps tell me that it is out of date and needs patches.
When I start trainz it says that it has an updated patch to down load.
Every time I try is gives me the following message;

Checking for available disk space for patching.
Searching for patches...
Downloading patch file...
Unpacking patch file...
Failed to extract the patch archive.
Patching aborted.

The build # is 42203.
Can anyone tell me what I should do.
Thanks, Chuck

cascaderailroad
August 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I had much difficulty understand in the patching process ... what is your original trainzbuild (shown on the lower R of the start screen) ?

http://www.auran.com/servicepacks/#TS2010

If you have run Trainz, a fresh re-installation might be needed, and patching all in sucession, all up to version 44088, or one more additional higher build ... any further than that and you lose compatability mode.

All patches should be applied BFORE running Trainz.

Read all of my problems from Post #406 onward: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?38433-PRR-Screenshots&p=925854#post925854

fran1
August 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Use this patch

http://download.ts2009.com/patch/42203_to_44088.exe

after this decide whether you want multi player or not as they are different patches.

It will take a while (up to 2 hours) to patch, once started DO NOT STOP it or you'll corrupt your install.

TorenHynes
August 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
It will take a while (up to 2 hours) to patch, once started DO NOT STOP it or you'll corrupt your install.

That's a good tip to remember when updating anything, once you select start updating never abort or else the software may become unstable.

Tom9cf
August 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Use this patch

http://download.ts2009.com/patch/42203_to_44088.exe

after this decide whether you want multi player or not as they are different patches.

DEFINITELY DO NOT STOP THE DOWNLOAD!!...I stopped it ( the game crashed & had to re-install w/ CD-ROM) because it didn't give the file size & at 100MB's per hr w/ my laptop if the file was 500+ it would be 5hrs.+...after you re-install you will receive an error report(unable to find local data files -please re-install) when you try to get on-line again...I have windows 7 & use google chrome browser...I made Explorer my default browser & everything fell into place again...as far as the game goes it would be nice if n3v created a simple version like "RailRoad Lines"...Trainz is a work of art but you can spend the rest of your life searching forums for never ending questions...I guess it's fun if you're a programmer but for the average video player it's never ending head scratching...take care & if anyone from n3v reads this, keep the graphics & detail but simplify the damn game so that a 10 yr. old can play it and have fun...right now it's for adults W/ a degree in programming...maxkurt 2321291 usmc

boyerm25
August 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I'm 11, I play it, and I have fun. I'm not 10 any more, but I think trainz is definantly (excuse my spelling) useable for a 10 yr. old. What problems are you having, specifically. We on the forums can help.

Tom9cf
August 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Well thank you, I appreciate your response...I would like a version of Trainz that operates like the trucker sims "American Long Haul" or "Extreme Trucker 2"....they are the trucker versions of Trainz as far as I'm concerned w/ as much thought put into the graphics & detail as TS...with ALH you click on the industries & it describes what they produce & what they accept...then you drive the truck cab that your given at the beginning of the game to that industry...click on a load & it tells you how much it pays & where it's going to...when you click on a job the trailer appears at the loading dock -you hook up & drive off...when you arrive at the delivery point you back into the dock, unhook & get paid...when you start to make money you can buy more trucks, hire drivers etc....it feels more like the real world...if you have managed to make Trainz as simple as that then I would most certainly appreciate your knowledge on this matter...& please keep in mind that I'm aware that this is the web & you could be some sort of head case because "specifically" is not your everyday word used by a kid much less spelled correctly...so w/ that said I shall await your reply...take care...maxkurt 2321291 usmc

cascaderailroad
August 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
That sounds more like RR Tycoon Game... Where as Trainz, and prototype RR's just get orders to deliver empty cars, are informed by the industry when they are loaded and ready to be picked up ... the traincrew is given a switchlist to pick up cars ... not a real game at all ... it's more like a humdrum job ... where you hire on as a carman, then advance to conductor, and engineer after 5 years ... becoming a boss would take 20 years ... so building a RR empire game ... IDK ... that sounds like fast forward in a Trainz world.

On my route, and on NS mountain division, a train crews only job is to get er' up over the mountain without stalling or breaking couplers ... and slowly handling a train down a steep gradient, and avoiding derailments, and runaways ... day in, and day out, for 20 years.

Tom9cf
August 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the tip about RR Tycoon...maybe that's what I'm looking for...and by the way the RR job you had is no small potatoes...it's like war..long moments of boredom...& then laser speed chaos...I'm sure when you were responsible for keeping a train under control, even on your last day, you did not take your job lightly nor did your mind wander...I think of it as a real american cowboy job...sort of like the unsung special forces of RR...thanks for the insight & I'm going to YouTube & check out the RR Tycoon game, I'll let you know if it's what I was looking for...maxkurt usmc

Tom9cf
August 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM
RR Tycoon is like a cartoon...check out " American Long Haul" to know what I'm talking about...by the way, I just noticed your 3 sign off names...Willey Finishzit (finish it ?)...Kenny Dooit (do it ?)...Betty Doant ( don't ?) ...what's that all about ?...strange place...this Trainz forum...I'm checkin' out...stickin' w/ the trucker sims...p.s.have fun with all of your life long research on figuring out Trainz...maxkurt usmc

shaneturner12
August 19th, 2012, 03:15 AM
I can see where you are coming from, but Trainz is a railway/railroad simulator, which is mainly to do with building and operating a railway/railroad (which is stated in the description for the game)

There is a way in the Driver mode though of checking what an industry accepts/produces - you can hold Ctrl down and right-click the industry, then click View Details.

As a side note, for most technical problems with Trainz, I can usually assist (and quite often, one or more of my tutorials holds the answer - the thread in my signature links to the majority of them)

Whatever the problems you may be having, the community would love to help solve them (at least I would, as well as quite a few others).

Shane

boyerm25
August 19th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Well thank you, I appreciate your response...I would like a version of Trainz that operates like the trucker sims "American Long Haul" or "Extreme Trucker 2"....they are the trucker versions of Trainz as far as I'm concerned w/ as much thought put into the graphics & detail as TS...with ALH you click on the industries & it describes what they produce & what they accept...then you drive the truck cab that your given at the beginning of the game to that industry...click on a load & it tells you how much it pays & where it's going to...when you click on a job the trailer appears at the loading dock -you hook up & drive off...when you arrive at the delivery point you back into the dock, unhook & get paid...when you start to make money you can buy more trucks, hire drivers etc....it feels more like the real world...if you have managed to make Trainz as simple as that then I would most certainly appreciate your knowledge on this matter...& please keep in mind that I'm aware that this is the web & you could be some sort of head case because "specifically" is not your everyday word used by a kid much less spelled correctly...so w/ that said I shall await your reply...take care...maxkurt 2321291 usmc
I would suggest buying A-Train 9 - Train Giant 2 but I'm not sure how realistic that is for driving​ the train.

dogwalker118
August 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I downloaded the patch from the site I was given. Took awhile but everything went well.
Thankyou so very much. I am looking forward to many enjoyable hours and with all the help and advice I know it will be fun.
Thanks again, Chuck

fran1
August 20th, 2012, 07:30 AM
If you get stuck post again.