PDA

View Full Version : CHECK RAIL IS BACK!!!!!

GTW1226
August 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM
It is back. I just went on. http://www.checkrail.com/

cascaderailroad
August 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM
There used to be alot of 3rd party assets, loco's, railcars DEM's ... etc ... etc that are no longer there ... Checkrail was one of my favorite sites, along with West Coast Trainz

qassaquyangli
August 15th, 2012, 10:38 PM
There used to be alot of 3rd party assets, loco's, railcars DEM's ... etc ... etc that are no longer there ... Checkrail was one of my favorite sites, along with West Coast Trainz
Ya know, he could be rebuilding the site...
Good to see you back Dermmy, really hope to see the content back soon.

train20
August 15th, 2012, 10:58 PM
hello will the clovis subs be back for download great route.

slabay
August 15th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Ya know, he could be rebuilding the site...
Good to see you back Dermmy, really hope to see the content back soon.

He did say he was rebuilding the site from scratch. I'm sure with all of the demand, EVWR was first to be working and the rest will come in time.

backyard
August 16th, 2012, 03:57 AM
:cool: Thanks to Dermmy for seeking to continue his Trainz efforts!

It is important to remember that when you download any content from 3rd party websites to save all the .cdp and zipped downloads in a folder for future use!

vince_black
August 16th, 2012, 05:28 AM
It is back. I just went on. http://www.checkrail.com/

EVWR is here, great. I'm gonna to download it. I'm looking forward.

BTW I installed Clovis 1 into TS2010 (version 2006). Great driving there with JR hoppers and well cars...

boleyd
August 16th, 2012, 06:50 AM
East Kentucky is a jewel amongst the available routes (TS10 and TS12). I am now looking forward to Clovis which looked llike another VERY high quality route. Too often routes are in the desert with ancient 2002 assets. UGH. The Checkrail routes are the exact opposite. I have seen no other routes with the quality and attention to detail within the Trainz system.

It is indeed quite odd that some deranged person would attack such an obscure site. You wonder what that type of idiot would produce in a non-internet world.

jjanmarine3
August 16th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Congrats to Dermmy for beating those odds and sods and letting excellent trainz content return and survive for us.

vince_black
August 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I couldn't wait for Clovis 3, so I tried to put actual version into TS2010. EK3 is one of my favorites too. I like Checkrail routes!

As for desert routes - you are right, I tried several ones, but they are quite simply. It's a pity that Tehachapi is only for TRS2004...

wreeder
August 16th, 2012, 07:31 AM
It is indeed quite odd that some deranged person would attack such an obscure site. You wonder what that type of idiot would produce in a non-internet world.

Unless you're very lucky where you live, you can look around and is the graffiti everywhere. It's the same people with no respect for the property of others or the community.

William

817TAYLOR
August 16th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Dermy has gone through a hell of a lot in his days here on the trainz forms, but I want to thank him for re opening his site. He did have some neat third party content, but his routes are what brought attention to his site. I just hope he is willing to share them with us once again.
Best of luck Dermy!
-Taylor

Euphod
August 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I'm very happy Dermmy is back, Andy is one heck of a Trainzer!

boleyd
August 16th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I grabbed his Evansville route before anything else happens. An outstanding piece of work. I did have to add one signal since the engine was always stopping and going into the oscillation between red and green. Near SWMC-5. Otherwise it seems to work.

Now, as usual I was very concerned that the assets that were used would be stuff from 2002 to 2012 and be a mess. Well, as I watched the download sizes of the recommended asset sets it was obvious that only the highest quality was used. I saw most structure well over 1mb in size which, to me, means good looks. The same with the vegetation. All high quality and very well placed. Contrary to many routes the placement of all assets looked logical and real. Some routes just stick stuff in to demonstrate activities. Not in this case. Plenty of activities are possible but everything seems to make sense with a strong relationship to real life.

Dermmy
August 16th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments, but especially Dick, that last one made my day!

One thing though: Which Clovis 2 are you guys running because the one I have IS a TRS04 route using 2002 content LOL. Seriously though I am pretty seriously thinking of NOT re-uploading my older stuff, EK2 and Clovis1/2 on account of I just don't think they cut the mustard any more, specially if loaded into TRS10+. How many new users get TRS04-06 and how many folks who have those versions don't already have the routes?

Thoughts anyone....

train20
August 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM
thats all right if you dont put them back.the clovis sub is two tracks though abo canyon now.

Dermmy
August 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM
LOL - yes, but never on my version! BNSF don't like traffic snarls and that's perfectly understandable.

What MADE the Clovis route for me though was resolving those exact same snarls - the 'Dispatcher' session on C1 is still my favourite Trainz pastime, I've run the thing for days (literally) trying to keep things running through the canyon. I never had enough computer grunt to run the same sort of session on C2, but that would have been even better with the other single track stretch at the eastern end. If C3 ever gets done then there will be a third snarl over the Fort Sumner Bridge. I like the operation all gnarly....

Andy :)

64Warhorse
August 16th, 2012, 05:44 PM
hello will the clovis subs be back for download great route.

As was pointed out in another thread, for those with a taste for no-longer-present content from checkrail.com, the Internet Wayback Machine is your friend ... http://web.archive.org/web/20090912130054/http://www.checkrail.com/index.htm

RoysTrainz
August 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM
deleted post

smash
August 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Dermmy,
Although I do already have all everything from the old site, I for one would like to see the older stuff brought back.
Not everybody has TRS9,10,12. Plus you make some of the best routes. Clovis looks just as good today as it did when you first released it.
Plus it is not just about how it looks but if you can use the route as intended. And with yours we can.
I do hope that you will consider it.
Kenny

Ricke82
August 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
...the 'Dispatcher' session on C1 is still my favourite Trainz pastime, I've run the thing for days (literally) trying to keep things running through the canyon.

And that sir, is the reason I agree with smash/Kenny and hope you put the old routes back up. Graphically they may not “cut the mustard” when compared to EK3, Kanshino or EVWR (few routes do) but operationally they not only cut it, but slice it and dice it as well. I have gotten hundreds of hours of enjoyment from Clovis and McCall Yard and think that others might enjoy them as well.

Dermmy
August 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM
LOL - thanks guys!

@ Joosten - I get lots of emails and PMs and i really do try to respond to them all but if I missed one then try me again! Whilst I don't like payware routes it is not something that I would ever make personal, that's not my style...

Andy

RoysTrainz
August 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
deleted too

GTW1226
August 16th, 2012, 11:23 PM
LOL - thanks guys!

@ Joosten - I get lots of emails and PMs and i really do try to respond to them all but if I missed one then try me again! Whilst I don't like payware routes it is not something that I would ever make personal, that's not my style...

Andy

I hate Payware too.

boleyd
August 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM
In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) payware is sometimes worth the asking price. Stuff I will not buy are engines that have no artistic texturing. Instead they are just sprayed with solid colors and look like something from a cartoon show on TV. No "dirty" option and I pass. By the way, why are freight cars dirty but the engines super clean?

Routes are a problem because it is difficult to judge the quality of the assets, textures and placement of elements in a REALISTIC fashion. You see routes with just jumbled houses, industry, and textures that are simply not logical. As with completely clean engines I skip that stuff. See my comments on the routes from CheckRails.

If , however, you have a philosophical dislike for any payware I do hope you donate to those who freely offer their products. To never buy anything and never donate perhaps needs a review in the bathroom mirror.

slabay
August 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Instead they are just sprayed with solid colors and look like something from a cartoon show on TV. No "dirty" option and I pass. By the way, why are freight cars dirty but the engines super clean?

I understand the point you are making regarding the in-game content, but in all reality, there are some lines that take care of their locos (and cabooses in the day) because they were the most obvious representation of the company on the train and they were always captive so the railroad could take care of them, versus a railcar that was interlined and may not see its home tracks for long periods of time. Then again, there were other lines that just didn't really give a crap about the condition of their equipment.

I'm glad we are getting more realistic content- I've been trying to do my part at putting out grubby rusty locos and rolling stock.

backyard
August 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM
:cool: I don't mind weathering if it takes in to consideration the road in question, some actually washed locomotives and caboose cars, some did not.

We all know SP didn't...but that don't mean they have to look like they were rolled over in mud and grease!

'Tastefully' done, rust streaks, oil leaks, faded paint & dirty logos & styling are OK, rust spots located in illogical places, clouds of dust up on the sides, no.

For me? Weather the underframe, tanks, trucks and pilots, lightly weather the hood/cab with brown dirt...LIGHTLY!

Dralex
December 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I am very sorry, but again I cannot reach the site. Every time I try I get a TOC with nothing in it.Right now I am after the missing contents from the Kanshino route, in particular the vehicles.

Dralex

64Warhorse
December 8th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Dralex, Checkrail is gone and probably won't be back anytime soon, if at all. There are a number of threads floating about regarding the reasons for this, here is one of the most recent: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?96246-What-s-going-on-with-Checkrail. Searching the forums with the keyword "Checkrail" will get most of the others. Most of them have been locked by the moderators, please consider that very carefully if you decide to post further on the subject ... :eek: ... You *may* be able to find the missing contents by looking up Checkrail.com on the Internet Wayback Machine. Good Luck! :wave:

shaneturner12
December 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
The issue is well known - Dermmy has closed the site, possibly permanently.

Shane

cascaderailroad
December 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Dermmy is a great guy, hope he hears this, and returns again.

I type only positive input, (my New Years resolution).

Dralex
December 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
And I wonder whether he can live without Trainz in the long run. I tried Kuju's Rail simulator for some time and was disappointed as almost all the good things are payware.

Dralex

oknotsen
December 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
The previous locked thread about this topic:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?96246-What-s-going-on-with-Checkrail
Take a look there and dont be surpriced if this topic finds a lock soon due to the urge of some people to throw mud at eachother.

Dralex
December 9th, 2012, 06:02 AM
I have seen that lock. I do think it is the best Zec could do.

Dralex

slabay
December 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Sadly, since this thread is "CHECKRAIL IS BACK!!!" (in all caps, no less), which it obviously is not, this thread probably needs a lock too. I've seen posts in it last night and tonight, and it only goes to get people's hopes up for something that isn't there.

shaneturner12
December 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Indeed. Dralex was the one who brought the thread back - it should have been locked previously.

Shane

Enzo1
December 9th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Sadly, since this thread is "CHECKRAIL IS BACK!!!" (in all caps, no less), which it obviously is not, this thread probably needs a lock too. I've seen posts in it last night and tonight, and it only goes to get people's hopes up for something that isn't there.

Ah no, as long as it dont turn into some kind of war, its rather irrelevant... Mods only lock the threads at which crappy wars occur.. No wars are in here, just support...

haddock56
December 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM
The locked thread to which oknotsen is referring to was a post of mine. I actually regret posting it and inadvertently setting off a powder keg. I have since asked Zec to remove the thread.

Dralex
December 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
The only reason I brought the thread back was that I wanted the download links to the Kanshino route - I have a lot of missing assets right now.
It is a pity because of East Kentucky 4 as well.
And I hope Enzo1 is right.

Dralex

Enzo1
December 9th, 2012, 01:37 PM
The only reason I brought the thread back was that I wanted the download links to the Kanshino route - I have a lot of missing assets right now.
It is a pity because of East Kentucky 4 as well.
And I hope Enzo1 is right.

Dralex
I would try using this to get the deps... If they dont work, you could try posting the kuids and see if we can find them!
http://archive.org/web/web.php

frogpipe
December 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Which goes to show, put your stuff on the web and then delete it, and it ISN'T deleted :D

Dralex
December 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Thank you, Enzo1. Right now I am looking for the components to the flatcar UZD43-081 No8. There are missing assets without which I cannot use them for Pasha's train. Here goes:
424640:2001
9999:60206:1
425454:55,56,57,67,68
I believe if I have at least these I have a player train for the Kanshino scenario 'heavy traffic'.
There is a lot of other missing assets as well (several 100, I think, but most of them from the same creator).

Dralex

Enzo1
December 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Thank you, Enzo1. Right now I am looking for the components to the flatcar UZD43-081 No8. There are missing assets without which I cannot use them for Pasha's train. Here goes:
424640:2001
9999:60206:1
425454:55,56,57,67,68
I believe if I have at least these I have a player train for the Kanshino scenario 'heavy traffic'.
There is a lot of other missing assets as well (several 100, I think, but most of them from the same creator).

Dralex
424640:2001 is this
http://relsomania.ucoz.ru/load/telezhki_dlja_vagonov_bolshoj_gruzopodemnosti_demi khovskij_zavod/14-1-0-70
That is the only one I can find for right now, perhaps somebody else could give us a hand?