PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

ByteWorker
August 14th, 2012, 10:28 AM
In Trainz 2012, I have started a new route and I want to know if it is somehow possible to do a copy & paste of a length of track over and over again. I want to stretch a track out 10 spaces, copy it into the clipboard and then paste it repeatedly. Is this possible?

shaneturner12
August 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hi ByteWorker,

Welcome to the forums.

As my Trainz is currently doing a database repair, I cannot check exactly which tab it is, but I believe the third tab from the bottom in Surveyor has the tool you want.

It is also possible to click at various points to make one long track as well.

Shane

cascaderailroad
August 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM
There are various track guides: PRR Track Guide, 10-50 Track Alignment Guide, ... etc ... that you can place two of these track spacers close to each other, and place track in between them ... then stretch the parallel tracks many baseboards distant.

IDK about copy pasting tracks ... but I think it is possible in higher versions than 04, 06

erafjel
August 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sure - here's how you do it:

1) Open the Tools menu (the one with the wrench).
2) The bottom three rows of buttons deal with copy-paste. The row 2nd from the bottom has four buttons with which you select what you want to include in the copy: Height, textures, objects, track. Only the "Paste track" button should be high-lighted if track is all you want to copy.
3) Click the "Select Area" button (leftmost, 3rd row from bottom).
4) Draw a square around the track(s) you want to copy. Make sure you get all the track inside the square.
5) Click the "Paste mode" button (middle, 3rd row from bottom).
6) Place the square where you want the track and click.

You may need to practice a bit to get it right...