PDA

View Full Version : Leaveing Trainz

alantaylor61
August 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I am not a route bulider and have never had the skills of some of the members here which i must say have some realy great routes and i thank you for them.I have noticed lately that the download station has been puting on many routes whitch can not be run GCR looks great but no Track in most of the others are blue with no textures and have to be reloaded days later with the same prob.So I am leaveing trainz to find a sim that says what it dose on the tin routes you can run your trains on Thank you all for the routes i have run and keep up the good work And I hope GCR makes it one day to a fully blown route it is a great piece of work maybe some of you route bilders can make this work with your great talents Thanks Again.

Euphod
August 14th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Sorry to see you leave because of a problem that is usually easily solved, but best of luck to you, I hope you find the Train Simulator you're looking for!

BRClass66
August 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM
To leave for that reason and for the length of time youve been here is a shame ...

I've only been here a short time and have thought about giving up many times....But then i just put my problem out on the forum,And in no time at all people from different walks of life are trying to help me to carry on enjoying my game.

So why not try .....youu've nothing to lose

cascaderailroad
August 14th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Missing dependencies (ie: track) can be easily located and downloaded.

Railworks seems to be a "running" train sim (some have said that it is "Bloody Boaring' just to run a schtoopid' twain' down da' twacks' "

Trainz is easy to build routes in, and it is fun !

Please give it another chance ... A specific RR line route is hard to find, sometimes you have to compromise, and settle for something similar.

People on the forum will help you locate missing dependencies, and help you to fix config files ... via a PM.

Robert2d6
August 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I did alot of reading on forums before getting Trainz, and the level of complaints about problems, seemed to be much less with Trainz than some of the other sims. Having been involved in flight sims for decades, I know that there is no perfect simulation, but I think Trainz has quite a few positive aspects compared to the others that I considered buying.

shaneturner12
August 14th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Hi alantaylor61,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving. I can say that the built-in routes do what the box says, but ones that are not built-in are not subject to the same, as it is not N3V who have made such routes (unless you've bought an addon pack from them, then it may be).

There are known issues relating to textures not appearing, but I'm sure N3V are looking into it.

Most creators will state where you can get some dependencies from if they are not on the Download Station (and if it's a Multiplayer route, all dependencies will be either built-in or on the Download Station anyway).

You are welcome to your own opinions, but I personally feel that you may be able to resolve the issues by communicating with the route creators.

Shane

sniper297
August 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Coming from 7 years of MSTS and 3 years of railsim/railworks, I can tell you from first hand experience that the grass ain't any greener over there.

Kennilworth
August 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hi

I suspect that you don't have the SnC add on as some of the track used comes from that. The add on would be well worth getting if only for the rolling stock all of which would be useful for use on the GCR route in the 60s. The route creator did say that it wasn't complete when he asked if anyone would be interested if he uploaded it to the DLS. A few people including myself replied that we would. I have to say that the section that is represented is excellent and gives a real feel of the route. It gives you the opportunity to complete the scenic sections to your own taste.

Regards

Brian

martinvk
August 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM
....So I am leaveing trainz to find a sim that says what it dose on the tin routes you can run your trains on ... Good luck finding what you're looking for but I think you'll find that kind of perfection is likely to be very illusive. When all is said and done, all sims are just that, a simulation. They all do the same thing only differently with different aspects emphasized while glossing over others parts. There is also nothing wrong with having more than one sim. Depending on your mood, play a different one each time.

rjhowie
August 14th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Must admit I am somewhat surprised at the reason for departing. I am certainly no expert but in the vast majority of queries I have got help in the Forums or by PM. One would think that using the Forum would be the first step but that's life and we aren't all the same.

Fillo
August 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Since the subject was brought up I'll ask a question I've been sitting on. I downloaded the Progressive Line Jesse James route and the tracks are missing. There are broken white lines where the track should be. This indicates a missing dependencie? Another route I downloaded is missing a bridge. I'm assuming that you need to find the KUIDs of missing items then download them with the content manager? If so, how do you find the KUIDs of the missing items?
As usual, thanks in advance for any help!

shaneturner12
August 15th, 2012, 02:35 AM
These can be found in Content Manager, by searching for the asset concerned, right-clicking it, and clicking View Dependencies. An item that is only showing a KUID number will need to be looked up using Google (or another search engine) or the forums.

See http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/content-manager-guides for my guides to Content Manager.

Shane

alantaylor61
August 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Thank you all for your advice i have given this great thought and i am taking all your advice and going to stay thank you each and every one for your input did not realize about add ons but this makes good sense will be buying S&C as soon as pos keep up your good works and thank you for every thing Alan.

kamran
August 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
dont say good bye to trainz bcz you can find solution for almost 99% of your problems .i am just a 2 year old on forum and i many time decided to leave trainz but i cant bcz of the best help and support of community and also help desk my reson to leave trainz got solved and i have no more reasons to leave trainz. and i have decided that whatever problem i face with trainz i will never ever think to quit trainz.bcz now i consider trainz is mine.and i cant live without it so what i can say just think trainz as yours own.

ekoslosky
August 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
It takes time to learn how to build a route.

xero
August 16th, 2012, 09:48 PM
dont say good bye to trainz bcz you can find solution for almost 99% of your problems .i am just a 2 year old on forum and i many time decided to leave trainz but i cant bcz of the best help and support of community and also help desk my reson to leave trainz got solved and i have no more reasons to leave trainz. and i have decided that whatever problem i face with trainz i will never ever think to quit trainz.bcz now i consider trainz is mine.and i cant live without it so what i can say just think trainz as yours own.
Or when your version of Trainz becomes obsolete...

pflindley
August 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Dear Alan,

Trainz is too good to leave although it can present many problems, some of which are interesting and some of which are just downright frustrating (although usually a solution can be found). I gather that my GCR route is part of your problem and I apologise if this is the case. I did comment before I uploaded the route that it ran in TS12 with the S&C addon. I also mentioned that it was a work in progress, unlike the very professional S&C route. Indeed, I travelled over this route a few days ago and the Trainz version is very faithful to the real thing. If you have not already done so, then I would recommend that you acquire the S&C route. You will have lots of fun operating the various sessions. With the S&C added on to TS12 you should find that the number of missing assets on the GCR should also be minimised. I am still making slow progress on the GCR, mainly with the scenery south of Nottingham. If I can help you further, then please feel free to contact me.

Peter.

axe1970
August 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome back.