PDA

View Full Version : Trainz Addons

rico101
July 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hey all, my friend let me have his Trainz 2009 he already used it on his computer and it doesnt let me install addons.
Is there anyway or anything i can use to install addons?

Thanks

NSWGR_46Class
July 28th, 2012, 06:41 PM
If its been registered in another persons name - no

Hey all, my friend let me have his Trainz 2009 he already used it on his computer and it doesnt let me install addons.
Is there anyway or anything i can use to install addons?

Thanks

Scottbe8
July 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
The base game and all addons need to have been purchased by the same Planet Auran user. I cannot, for example, install ct_krogen's Dutchess pack onto my copy of TS2010 for that very reason. You will need to purchase a license key for TS2009 from the Auran Shop. I hear it's pretty cheap these days compared to TS12. If you enter your new activation key into Trainz, you will be able to install DLC packs.

shaneturner12
July 29th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Trainz is tight on that front to prevent piracy (i.e. two different Planet Auran users attempting to use the same copy of the game).

As it stands, you will need to buy your own copy of the simulator.

Also, you will need to buy your own copies of the addons, as they may contain code that limits them to the user who purchased it.

Shane

modeltrainguy22
September 13th, 2013, 03:43 PM
there are many sights if thats what you mean by help...if not then use the download station... if it's another person's profile then there's no help if you don't have the login...

KingConrail76
September 13th, 2013, 05:50 PM
there are many sights if thats what you mean by help...if not then use the download station... if it's another person's profile then there's no help if you don't have the login...

Either you're confused, or I am. EDIT: You are ... this thread is from JULY 2012 with no response from the Original Poster...WHY DID YOU DIG THIS UP???

THIS is the site to come to for help with a legitimate registered copy of Trainz software...and without the afore-mentioned "legitimate" copy, you can not access the DLS.

Using someone else's "login" to access the DLS is considered "Piracy", and is punishable under Federal Law here in the States.

Rico101; The only way to access add-ons from the DLS is to purchase your own copy of Trainz, be it TS2009, TS2010 or TS12. If you've enjoyed TS2009, I would recommend TS2010.
-TS2010 comes with a BUNCH of pre-installed Routes and Trains, and has "compatability mode" to allow use of content/add-ons from previous versions without issue.

You can very often find TS2010 on sale for under $10.00, just do not buy a "used" version from a "game store", or you'll be right back were you are, with a game you can't use.
-One game, one user, one license, one "account".

JCitron
September 13th, 2013, 08:38 PM

I can see that you are a new user here. Welcome to the forums and to Trainz.

As a new user, I suggest that you become familiar with the N3V Forums code of conduct.

As has been said, this is not allowed with this program and the community takes piracy seriously. This is a serious violation of the code of conduct. Condoning and promoting software piracy and copyright violations is grounds for an instant and permanent ban.

Thank you and regards,

John Citron