PDA

View Full Version : Double Traction

Morrisor
July 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hi all. I have a question. Is there possibility to play in double traction, assised running (I am polish so I don't exactly know how to name it in english :D ) with someone using multiplayer? I know that when there are two coupled locomotives with engine drivers within, one of them takes control. In my line of reasoning I thought about something like mountain route where is one steam locomotive in front of train and the second on the opposite side that is pulling it. (there may be other positioning of engines)

Scottbe8
July 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hi all. I have a question. Is there possibility to play in double traction, assised running (I am polish so I don't exactly know how to name it in english :D ) with someone using multiplayer? I know that when there are two coupled locomotives with engine drivers within, one of them takes control. In my line of reasoning I thought about something like mountain route where is one steam locomotive in front of train and the second on the opposite side that is pulling it. (there may be other positioning of engines)

Simple answer: Not that I've seen.

qassaquyangli
July 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
In cab mode in TS12 (Single player), I had three Big Boys pulling a train, I noticed the 2nd and 3rd BB's weren't pulling since there brakes were on and the throttle was on 8 in the first BB. Then I put the throttles up in the other to BB's and they actually made more noise (So they were finally pulling). I guess in cab mode it'd work but not in DCC. I don't know about multi player though.

Lewiscc65
July 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
All engines coupled to a train will work as one but you should only have one (1) driver.

philskene
July 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM
"All engines coupled to a train will work as one ... ."

True for diesels and electrics with multiple unit adaptors.

Not true for steamers - you need to drive each one independently.

So coming back to the original question I suspect the answer is yes.

railventure
July 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
In mulitplayer two players can work a train aslong as one is pushing at the back. The reason is you cannot couple two players trains together but you can push with the rear engine. So if you have a heavy train another player can assist you up the hill.This has been checked and it does work.

sniper297
July 25th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Actually the correct answer is "sort of", I tried it once with another guy, and you can't couple your trains together at all. You can get behind the other player's train and push, but the couplers won't engage, so there's no way to double head.