PDA

View Full Version : config file question....kinda

trainman1963
July 13th, 2012, 10:06 PM
ive been trying to figure out how when i post a topic for a missing kuid, people seem to know what that item is. i kno the first set of numbers is the users id and the second set is the asset id, but how do you all know what an unknown asset is. is it the config file or just experience? ive been looking at them and i have had to make sum changes, but there is basically the string table and the kuid table. is there some kind of correlation between the 2 table that you can tell what kuid goes with what string (or description)? id do a lot better if instead of trying to find a specific kuid, i could just find a comparable substitute but i dont know what the kuid is in the first place. im kinda anal bout not having any assets in the missing dependency window of my cm, i know the routes will usually work, but its just a qwerk of mine. i hope ive made sense of what im trying to say. thanks

RRSignal
July 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
"Uknown" asset as far as CMP goes means it is usually a third-party asset located on another website. Try looking for the kuid in, say, the bogie, hornsound, etc. keywords. It's pretty common for, say, a loco to use a hornsound or an enginespec from a third-party site.

Deano5
July 14th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Most of the time a Google search will give you the answer and location, but anyone who has the asset your missing can get the info from a search in CM.:wave: