PDA

View Full Version : Could one of you fine fellows help with this?

fytch
June 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Here's the thing... I have added an industry to my layout that emits General Goods (my grandad served under him in the war) and accepts Lumber. I want to create a consist that comes from a portal already loaded with lumber for the industry. I can't seem to find a ready-loaded flatcar, and if I add lumber to a flatcar in surveyor it comes out empty once I move to driver. So... I have done some research and from what I can garner I clone a flatcar in Content Manager and then edit the config file in Content Creator Plus. I've tried this but I then get faults when I try to use the wagon on my layout. These faults seem to be missing texture.text files. These are the faults in the flatbed I tried to edit...
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource '50ft flatcar_body/normalskin.texture'.
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource '50ft flatcar_body/skin-normalskin.texture'.
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource '50ft flatcar_body/skin.texture'.
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource '50ft flatcar_shadow/black.texture'.

The original asset still works fine, incidentally.

These are the steps I am taking in attempting to edit... I right click on the cloned asset and open 'edit in content creator plus'... On the left hand menu I open 'Queues' and the click on 'load0'... In the right hand menu I change the load to 'lumber' and add a figure to 'initial_count'... I then 'save' and 'close'.

With thanks in advance,
Jeff

shaneturner12
June 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hi Jeff,

To fix that error, you will need PEV's Images2TGA tool from his site (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm).

Install it and run the program. When asked for folder references, click Cancel twice, then select your TS12 folder in the third one.

Check that the options are set correctly in the Options menu - you will need 'Convert Textures','Close on Done' and 'Overwrite TGAs' ticked - click them if they are not.

Close the program and restart Content Manager. Once this is done, right-click on the affected assets, select Open With, then Images2TGA.bat. Once you have done this with all 3, commit them.

Shane

fytch
June 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Mr Shaneturner12, you are indeed the fine fellow I indicated in the title of this thread; your suggestion worked a treat. One thing with the Images2TGA tool though... I downloaded the latest version - 1.5 June 2012 - but the third option did not come up. After 2009 and 2010 the dialogue window just disappeared. In the end I used the 2010 (2nd) option and so far that seemed to work.
I tried to edit the load on three different flatcars with mixed results. Two gave the fault 'Error: Tag 'icon0' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.' which I am guessing is due to their build number thingy. The third worked fine but when I added the vehicle in Surveyor, the load of timber was hanging off one end. I shall play around with different flatcars until I get one that works.
Many thanks again.

nfitzsimmons
June 28th, 2012, 06:32 PM
The Icon0 is a warning and can be ignored, but if you want to get rid of it just edit the config.txt file, do a search for the line with Icon0 in it and delete the whole line.

shaneturner12
June 29th, 2012, 02:20 AM
If the asset has been updated to TS2009 or later standards, the icon0 line must be removed.

Shane

slabay
June 29th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Here's the thing... I have added an industry to my layout that emits General Goods (my grandad served under him in the war) and accepts Lumber.

I understand he was an awesome C.O.!! Thank goodness he didn't have to serve under General Nuisance like my grandfather did!!

I'm willing to bet you cloned a built-in asset (if you look in Content Mangler, it will have the computer with the yellow background icon). Next time, grab a car off of the download station - once you download it, it will show the computer with the gray background - and you won't have the texture issues. The built in assets have a compressed texture file and when you clone it or try to edit it, these problems creep in.

Looks like everything else you did is right!!!