PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Session......!!!!

33nerd
June 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM
I have been working on a route for years, and it had one driver
session (named Test). Last night, I saved the session as normal and closed the game. Today, I turn on my PC and the Route is still there, but it has NO sessions!! It has disappeared. Not even an older version of 'test' is there.... Any clues where it may have gone to??!!!

Pc runs windows 7
Trainz 2010 build 49933

:-(

fran1
June 16th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Do a keyword search in cm for "test", see if it throws it up. Also under saved sessions see if there is one called auto save.

33nerd
June 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Do a keyword search in cm for "test", see if it throws it up. Also under saved sessions see if there is one called auto save.

Ok, in CM i have TEST (date modified 22nd March 12- even though i have been on it yesterday!!) with a red "!" box next to it. the Errors are:

Error: The Tag '"farmouth' is not permitted within a container of type 'profile'.
Warning: The tag 'farmouth_harbour_[platform_1' in container 'string-table' is empty.

Farmouth is an AJS invisible station with multiple platforms individually made up of invisible Station 1 platfom to form a 6 platform station. Each is called 'Farmouth [Platform 1] etc so that in Edit Session Farmouth is one station with plats 1-6 displayed. This was the last thing i was editing before it all vanished.....

Im guessing an edit in CCP may be required but need advice on what to do please....! :'(

oknotsen
June 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I dont know if 2010 is the same as 12 on this point, but if it is:
Check out this folder: UserData\backups
Maybe you will find the back-up of your session there.

oknotsen
June 16th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Double post... that apparently took 50 minutes.

dnevans8
June 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
My guess is that trainz had a brain storm when it saved your session. In CM select your test asset and either use view config file or edit in explorer and double click the config file to bring it up in your text editor. Find the string table and look for Farmouth. The relevant line will probably have lost some quote marks as well as the name you gave the station although this might be on the next line hence the tag Farmouth not permitted error. Compare the line with those around it. If you can see the problem then editing the config file so that it matches those around it and has the name you gave the station should correct the error and give you back your session.

33nerd
June 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Oooooook......

ITS BACK!!!

what I had done,was used a "}" not a "]" when using AJS's invisible station platforming. the resultant code error was one too many for poor old trainzzz to cope with obviously. I opened a clone of the session (to be safe!) after editing in CDP then deleted the offending platform.... seems to be happy and saved under a different Route AND session!! thanks for all the help people! now to waste some SERIOUS time.........

Signal1013
June 29th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hi all! First post. I've been using TS12 for a while now. I've been working on a route (not the best at it but I'm trying). Two days ago, I saved my (slow) progress and got up to let the dogs out. I came back, my screen was scrolling and flashing green, my view had shifted all the way to the edge of a baseboard, and lagged really bad when I attempted to move around. I saved, exited and came back and gone! Grr. Worse.....every time I open TS12, my screen is wonky. Attempted to uninstall, reinstall etc...no luck (although I did find my route under auto save). Any ideas? Tested my graphics cards on other high demand games and no problems. Ran fine since Novemeber of last year

i7-950@3.07htz
12Gig ram
Win 7 64bit
GTX 470 x2 SLI