PDA

View Full Version : question about AJS animated junctions

AntonyVW
June 16th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Hi guys. Ive been playing about with the AJS animated junctions. I can wire them up and get the to work ok but I have a porblem with lining up the switches. Is there an easy way to make sure that when the switch is moved that the wiring is directly underneath the track? Every time I do it I can see that the train kinks s it goes over these areas. Ive tried manually moving the wiring but I cant get it exactly underneath the track. Any ideas?

t8dagr8
June 16th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Good day Antony, when wiring the junctions from editing mode, the point you are looking for is a red diamond. Viewing from directly above, if you place the track junction spline on that diamond, it will fix your problem. I hope I explained it enough to where it helps you. Good luck.

AntonyVW
June 16th, 2012, 09:50 AM
That would be really helpful - but my problem is that none of the 4 markers which should be there are present. Hence my problem. I should have made that clear at the start :o

Davie_UCF
June 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I've been using these junctions for a few years now so should be able to help you out.. But have no idea! Could you post a screenshot of the problem?

AntonyVW
June 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Ok. A really stupid question I should know the answer to. How do I take a screenshot in surveyor?

AntonyVW
June 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Just an aside from this issue but still linked to the AJS kits. Ive set up a crossroads but the traffic lights are not correct. The one set behaves as it should and the cars stop appropriately. But the other set just stay on green and the cars dont stop when the other direction begins to flow. Im asuming that it is probably just a simple case of deleting the bad set of crossroads and applying a new set?

oknotsen
June 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Ok. A really stupid question I should know the answer to. How do I take a screenshot in surveyor?Press "Print Screen". You can then find the picture in "TS12\UserData\screenshots".

AntonyVW
June 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you. I knew it was that button but I could not figure out where it disappeared to.

AntonyVW
June 16th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ok . Will post it up when I figure out how.

AntonyVW
June 17th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Lets see if this works:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8015/7384658344_355cd92944_o.jpg

captainkman
June 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Hi,

In the Scenery tab, click on the "?" then on the junction. Then you can select for them to be displayed in Edit Mode, and the marker points will show up and the ballast and sleepers will be out of the way. Click on it again the exit edit mode. I can provide a screenshot if you want.

Hope this helps!

Kieran.

AntonyVW
June 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you. That worked a treat.