PDA

View Full Version : How to create a consist in TS 12

bmheron
June 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I know this sounds like a crazy question but I cant figure it out. I read the manual several times and it seems wrong. I just want to create my own consists that I can place into routes and/or quick drives. Help?

Euphod
June 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM
You place on the tracks the engines and cars you want to make up your consist, then you switch the rolling stock tab to "consists" and name and save.

nimec
June 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Go to Routes
Click on the route you want to place the consist on.
When it opens, on the LH side there will be a few icons.
Click on 'create session'
When the next screen opens up it will have all the surveyor marks etc and the little yellow compass in the centre
Right click on the compass and move it around by moving your mouse. practice moving it around so that you can place the consist/s where you want it.
Once you have identifed where you want to place the consist, look to the little tabbed menu on the RH side of the screen, open the lower tab [the one with the wheel on it ] and you wil have a list of locos appear on the LH column as well as some single wagons and passenger cars and on the RH column will have a list of rakes of wagons or cars. To change from the RH column to the LH one, just click on the circular icon at the top of them.
Hover the mouse over the icons on this tab menuto see what they mean and what they do. Select a loco then click on the track where you want to place it. If you want to remove or change it there is an undo button top right. Do the the same to place the wagons or passenger cars behing the loco.
You will need to play around and experiment a bit until you get the hang of it, but this will enable you to put a consist on a route.
When you have it as you want it, open the drop down menu on the top LH corner and click Save As.
On the widow that appears click on the lower button that relates to the session [forget what its called at the moment] edit i the name and type in the name you want to call your new session. Hit the arrow OK then back to top left and Exit surveyor. Go to the route and check.You should now have a new session called whatever you named it.Good luck. Cheers

jjanmarine3
June 12th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Go to Routes
When the next screen opens up it will have all the surveyor marks etc and the little yellow compass in the centre
Right click on the compass and move it around by moving your mouse. practice moving it around so that you can place the consist/s where you want it.
Once you have identifed where you want to place the consist, look to the little tabbed menu on the RH side of the screen, open the lower tab [the one with the wheel on it ] and you wil have a list of locos appear on the LH column as well as some single wagons and passenger cars and on the RH column will have a list of rakes of wagons or cars. To change from the RH column to the LH one, just click on the circular icon at the top of them.
Hover the mouse over the icons on this tab menuto see what they mean and what they do. Select a loco then click on the track where you want to place it. If you want to remove or change it there is an undo button top right. Do the the same to place the wagons or passenger cars behing the loco.
You will need to play around and experiment a bit until you get the hang of it, but this will enable you to put a consist on a route.
When you have it as you want it, open the drop down menu on the top LH corner and click Save As.
On the widow that appears click on the lower button that relates to the session [forget what its called at the moment] edit i the name and type in the name you want to call your new session. Hit the arrow OK then back to top left and Exit surveyor. Go to the route and check.You should now have a new session called whatever you named it.Good luck. Cheers

Now here is a man with patience....and lucky for us newbies there are more than enough of them around on this forum. :Y: I propose a toast on all of you !

AntonyVW
June 12th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I agree. There are many who will understand the bare minimum, but there are many who wont. Its great that some folk take both sets of people into consideration. I for one can fall into both categories. So for somethings I need just a nudge other things I need a clear explanation. Cheers one and all for all the help that is given.

Electro
June 12th, 2012, 09:52 PM
:wave: Hi

If you have trouble rembering try viewing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8QHrvfeu-c

Poul :D

Scottbe8
June 13th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Keyboard shortcut mode!!!

1) In Surveyor, tap 'F7' to bring up the Vehicles menu.
2) Choose the vehicles you want from the list and place them on the track so that they couple together. To move a car, tap 'M', then click and drag. To reverse a car, tap 'R', then single-click on the car.
3) When you are satisfied with your consist, tap 'C' to bring up the Consist menu.
4) Tap 'G', then click on your consist. Give your consist a name, then hit 'Enter'.
5) Tap 'T' and repeat 2-4 for as many consists as you'd like.

bmheron
June 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
You place on the tracks the engines and cars you want to make up your consist, then you switch the rolling stock tab to "consists" and name and save.

Hmm, there is no "Name" and "Save" button on the consists tab.

bmheron
June 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Go to Routes

nimec - thanks so much for taking the time to provide such detail! However, I tried it and thats for creating a new "session". I was looking for a new consist. :-) thanks again tho.

bmheron
June 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
:wave: Hi

If you have trouble rembering try viewing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8QHrvfeu-c

Poul :D

Ah ha! Thats it! THank you. I had to watch the video about 15 times before I figured out what they did. I'll post full directions next.

bmheron
June 13th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Ok, thanks to input above I've figured it out :-) So not intuitive tho. Wow.

So you have to create your consist in Surveyor by using the "Trains" menu (also F7)
Place your trains, move them, couple, decpouple, etc

Choose the vehicles you want from the list and place them on the track so that they couple together.
To move a car, type 'M', then click and drag.
To reverse a car, type 'R', then single-click on the car.

To save it all, you need to bring up the Consist tab (within the Trains Menu). Click or type 'C'
Then, here's the tricky part:

First, you need to click the "Get Train" button, which is the bottom left button in the menu (or type 'G')
Then, you need to click on your actual consist (on the track itself)
When you do, a box will open up that will allow you to type in a new name

Wow. I'm tellin' you, this is great to figure out but one of the trickiest things so far!