PDA

View Full Version : advice about error fixing

jjanmarine3
June 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi guys, I am trying to learn how to help myself fixing errors amongst a zillion other things to fix or tend to...

I have many assets with the faulty icon . I paste this example 'Error: The tag 'auto-create' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'shell')'
1) Is anybody allowed to fix these errors in the first place, I see in the config viewer some people ask nicely not to mess with their stuff.
2) I see the mentioned script in the config - but... Where does one go from here to fix this error please ?

RRSignal
June 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
What ones? kuids?

1. Yes, you can fix stuff for personal use.
2. I have to look at this one. A quick-'n'-dirty fix might be to open for edit in CCP and delete the offending auto-create line, but I'd prefer to know that for sure first.

jjanmarine3
June 6th, 2012, 11:12 AM
What ones? kuids?

1. Yes, you can fix stuff for personal use.
2. I have to look at this one. A quick-'n'-dirty fix might be to open for edit in CCP and delete the offending auto-create line, but I'd prefer to know that for sure first.

Tx for answer 1.

This particular one is <kuid:228997:1091>, I actually asked to get a guideline in general but if you would be so kind as to use this one for example so I can understand which way to go I would be grateful.

RRSignal
June 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I checked that one - the SP from TPR - and not only did I not find any errors as-is, but I even tried upgrading the build version to 2.9 in order to enable stricter error-checking and still didn't get any errors. Just got a few warnings, that's all.

There's a good thread on the TS2010 called "A listing of errors and how to fix them." It's long but you can skim through the common errors and fixes probably in about half an hour or so. You can try that specific fix I mentioned earlier and see how it works for the assets with the auto-create error. 99% of errors fall into one of three categories - a keyword that shouldn't be there, a missing texture, or an extra texture that shouldn't be there.

jjanmarine3
June 6th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thank you.