PDA

View Full Version : A UK Trainz empire builder-wonder what happened to him?!

rjhowie
June 4th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I am sure there was someone who once came on the Forums - may have been before the big crash possibly who proclaimed he was going to build the whole railway system of Great Britain. I thought that was overly ambitious for anyone and would take years. Indeed, i didn't think anyone wcould be that enthusiastic and would last the effort needed. Have often mused as to what happened to that one?!!

Deano5
June 5th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Ha ha, oh yes, I'm sure I remember a couple of those over the years. Young pup's with great ambitions. Bless em. :hehe:

BLACKWATCH
June 5th, 2012, 10:45 AM
He bit off more than he could chew, choked on the dls, had a fct attack & fell foul
of an MSTS. (massive system transit shutdown)

:cool:

rjhowie
June 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Yes he made me laugh at the time. Knowing how long it took me to build the Glasgow tram system and now the whole of Ulster's NIR I mused "no chance." I reckon he was probaby quite young and ambition can be tempered by reality. This was one of them. Well unless he is secretly working on it and gets one of the home countries done by his retiral date! On second thoughts, ha, ha.... nah!

jjanmarine3
June 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Let's see if it was perhaps me...I take 2 days to add an industry to an existing session successfully ...2 days X 0.1 miles of track ... nope.....wasn't me.