PDA

View Full Version : Bogie needed

BLACKWATCH
June 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Anyone know where kuid2:44700:50442:3 can be obtained, dls says it's TC 1&2 but unobtainable.
The :1 version for 2006 is also "not available" anymore, kinda makes the the updated 2.9 version
of the loco that uses it, toally pointless if you can't get the bogie. :confused:

oknotsen
June 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM
I just checked and found this asset via Content Manager:
24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie,<kuid2:44700:50442:3>

If thats the one, something is broken on your side and I suggest you try CM.

BLACKWATCH
June 4th, 2012, 05:31 AM
CM 3.3 reports this as an "Unknown" kuid with a ?, therefore it seems it could be a 'built in' item for TS12
& not available on the dls, which is strange if it is needed by a 2.9 build loco in TS2010.
I solved the problem by changing the loco config to use the :2 version of the bogie.

oknotsen
June 4th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I just checked.

If I search for "24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie" I find the asset with the kuid you mentioned.
If I search for "24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie" and "Built-in = true" I do not find the asset.

The asset has Build Version 2.7.

BLACKWATCH
June 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM
So your search finds <kuid2:44700:50442:2> which is build 2.4 (the asset I've reverted the loco to), but

I just checked and found this asset via Content Manager:
24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie,<kuid2:44700:50442:3>

where did you get <kuid2:44700:50442:3>, (which I can't find, but the loco config references) ?

SHANKS
June 4th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Have a look here https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=66738

BLACKWATCH
June 4th, 2012, 06:18 AM
That's the :2 version which I have, & in your link, it says "Not Available", it's the :3 version that the loco config references, but
it doesn't appear to exist anywhere.

SHANKS
June 4th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Try here https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=201555

BLACKWATCH
June 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
No good either, that's the Trainz Classics 1 & 2 version, even though it's the correct kuid number, it also says "Not Available".

Jananton
June 4th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Hmm, in ts2010 the version 3 bogey isn't found, exactly as blackwatch describes. In TS12 it just downloads as a dependency.
If this happens because the 2nd version is a builtin in ts2010, or some other misterious reason, is anybody's guess.
With a build number of 2.7 it should download in ts2010 too of course, but it doesn't.

PS. in ts2010 I too reverted to version 2, allthough I could have grabbed it from my ts12 installation.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam,

Jan

p-dehnert
June 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Are You using the DownloadCart, and getting not available there ? That seems to be a false information. Use the FTP Download at the Download Page. The bogey is definitely downloadable.

Peter

BLACKWATCH
June 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Dls 'Black Pages' won't even find the :3 version for me, if I use the link that 'Shanks' gives at post #8, I get this ...........................

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z260/trainz_album/3dls.jpg

If I then click 'Add to cart', I get this ..............................

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z260/trainz_album/cart.jpg

As you can see, the item is either "Not Available" or it's "Invalid", please take note, you have TS12, I only have TS2010.

p-dehnert
June 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Don't use Add to Cart, use Download Page instead. On the next page use Download (FTP). When using the cart, I get the same false message as You.

Another way is to try using a URL like
ftp://Username:CodedPassword@files.auran.com/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2010-Builtin/bogey/kuid2_44700_50442_3.cdp
The username and coded password are available at Planet Auran - FTP Details.
If You have a FCT use firstclass.auran.com instead of files.auran.com .

Peter

SHANKS
June 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
That is strange i get this
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7614/dlsa.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/dlsa.jpg/)

BLACKWATCH
June 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Don't use Add to Cart, use Download Page instead. On the next page use Download (FTP). When using the cart, I get the same false message as You.

Another way is to try using a URL like
ftp://Username:CodedPassword@files.auran.com/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2010-Builtin/bogey/kuid2_44700_50442_3.cdp
The username and coded password are available at Planet Auran - FTP Details.
If You have a FCT use firstclass.auran.com instead of files.auran.com .

Peter

To be able to get to where I can use Download Page to get to the next page & use Download (FTP), first the 'black pages' need to
produce the item when searched for, in 2010 the version 3 bogey isn't found, so how can I do as you suggest ?

Tried using the URL method (using my ftp details), it tells me "no such file exists"

Try uninstalling your copy of TS12 & use 2010 to get it. ;)

Shanks, that's because you have TS12 installed.

narrowgauge
June 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Blackwatch

That bogie is build number 2.7, it has been there for about a year. Go to the DLS button at the top of this page, search for username 'narrowgauge' and you will see the bogie on page 6 or 7, lefthand column near the bottom. If despite this, you still can't find it, email me and I will send it to you.

Peter

Scottbe8
June 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Which versions are checked off when you conduct the search? Make sure all of them are selected.

BLACKWATCH
June 5th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Blackwatch

That bogie is build number 2.7, it has been there for about a year. Go to the DLS button at the top of this page, search for username 'narrowgauge' and you will see the bogie on page 6 or 7, lefthand column near the bottom. If despite this, you still can't find it, email me and I will send it to you.

Peter

Tried that Peter, had all boxes from UTC to TS12 ticked, but it only gives 4 pages & it's not among those.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z260/trainz_album/ngauge.jpg

p-dehnert
June 5th, 2012, 05:44 AM
With all boxes ticked you should find 130 assets, only 2 of them for TS12 and 15 older than UTC.

Peter

BLACKWATCH
June 5th, 2012, 10:36 AM
With all boxes ticked you should find 130 assets, only 2 of them for TS12 and 15 older than UTC.

Peter

Then I suggest you go & find them, then let the rest of us know how.
Check post#10, made by a long serving user of Trainz (I started with UTC myself) we are not foolish newcomers, we have been
using this 'sim/game/program' for a year or three, so we know all the 'Basics' plus a bit more.

p-dehnert
June 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
You missunderstood the meaning of my posting. If You get a different count of assets for the same search, there could be a problem with the servers.

Peter

BLACKWATCH
June 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM

Peter

Well according to 'narrowgauge' (as the author he should know) your count of 130 is wrong, because with 25 assets per page .....................

you will see the bogie on page 6 or 7, lefthand column near the bottom

............. there should be a minimum of 151 assets to occupy 7 pages even if there was only 1 asset on page 7.

tmz06003
June 5th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Seems to me that this may be a new DLS bug, as TS12 users and TRS2010 users are obviously getting different results here. As mentioned previously the asset is TC1 and 2 build so should be showing up for both searches- but obviously isn't.

Maybe it's worth raising a ticket with N3V, Terry Palmer usually gets to the bottom of DLS issues, maybe this is a new bug like the lack of e-mail responses for uploaded content that appeared recently, that seems to only affect some of us also.

narrowgauge
June 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Blackwatch

Beside the digit 4 there are three dots '...', click on those and the other pages appear. To save any more angst, EMAIL me now, I will send you the cdp.

Peter

Just found it, I have your email.

RPearson
June 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Kev, I tried to do it in TS10 and failed too - it doesn't show - at all. I even tried just dl'ding the "TS12" version of the Garratt which does show up in TS10 and it gets the Garratt and all dependencies except for that 1 bogey which it can't find.

Funny thing is the bogey does show up for me in TS12 and I can dl'd it. I can even transfer it from TS12 to TS10 and it works. You'd think because the trainz-build is 2.9 it should show up for TS10 but it doesn't.

I suspect if you don't have TS12 registered you can't get version 3 of the bogey on the DLS period. Probably why Shank's link fails to dl for somebody who doesn't have TS12 installed. So all the replies from people with TS12 installed probably don't see the full picture. Some quirk/bug in the DLS system I guess.

Have you tried the helpdesk for a solution or explaination? Asking a lot I know but who knows.

Bob Pearson

narrowgauge
June 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
If you will all have patience, I will sort it out. It seems that when Mike updated the Garratt, he used the latest version numbers for the bogies instead of the base number. I will fix this and send the complete CDP to anyone who has this problem.

Bob, better email me, I'm not sure if what i have is the correct address.

Peter

narrowgauge
June 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I have been through and reset numbers where needed and will upload to the dls when you have checked it. To keep you guys happy I have checked it in TRS10201 and packed the CDP in the same version. As it is probably larger than your email accounts can handle here it is.

http://narrowgaugetrainz.com/northbay/gossen_garratt.cdp

I haven't looked at it for a long time, I had forgotten what a neat little loco it is. Use this loco with the SR&RL stock and there are the makings for a nice 2ft gauge hill route. Even better if you add in the DHR Garratt by Ben Neale and the B class locos.

Peter

Jananton
June 6th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I suspect if you don't have TS12 registered you can't get version 3 of the bogey on the DLS period. Probably why Shank's link fails to dl for somebody who doesn't have TS12 installed. So all the replies from people with TS12 installed probably don't see the full picture. Some quirk/bug in the DLS system I guess.
Hmm, I wonder if this strangeness has something to do with the promised availability on the DLS of ts2010 buildin content for ts12 users. This would mean a certain flag, unknown to us, is set to stop the client downloading the asset if he or she isn't using ts12 for the download.

Greetings from drizzly Amsterdam,

Jan

BLACKWATCH
June 6th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Thank you Peter, that's got things steaming happily :D

As for the other problem I mentioned in my e-mail, I think Jan may just have stumbled on the cause for that, nothing
we can do about it, it's down to N3v sorting it out.

RPearson
June 6th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Bob, better email me, I'm not sure if what i have is the correct address.
PeterYes I changed isp awhile ago and I finally stopped paying for the old address. You should have mail shortly.

Bob Pearson