PDA

View Full Version : Forum search

bendorsey
June 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
It used to be you could search for all posts made by a particular username. It doesn't seem to work that way anymore. I've been trying to find a thread I replied to a little while ago but a search under username bendorsey only yields threads I started - - - not any and all I posted in. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

Ben

NickieFoenshauge
June 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
If you click on your own username (to the right of the loco) and select "View forum posts", you'll get all your own posts, not just threads you started.

oknotsen
June 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
There seems to be some silly bug in this forum that it does not show all your posts. A specific period of time is not available for search; I lost which period this is.

clam1952
June 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Mine vanished as far as search is concerned from about July last year up to around end of December, I can find them if I wade through the forum though so they still exist.

RRSignal
June 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
It's the bulletin software itself; vBulletin's search feature in every version produced in (at least) the last 4 years has been awful if it has even worked at all. It's actually much worse in some of the other vBulletin sites on which I visit or participate - I rarely even try to use the search feature in vB anymore. The trick is to use Google, using the search term "site:forums.auran.com" followed by your search terms.

bendorsey
June 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks Nickie Katherina Fonshauge - worked like a charm (now if I can only remember it, lol).

Ben