PDA

View Full Version : cdp file size

nimec
May 31st, 2012, 03:09 AM
Hi, Im about to start copying a few routes from 2010 to 2012, What is the maximum size I can make a cdp file ? I saw it somehere but now cant find it again.

Edit: And how do I tell what the file size is, either before, or as I create it, assuming I'm using the method whereby you click on the top asset, hold down the shift key and drag the mouse down 20-30 assets highhlighting all the ones as you go etc which will be in the cdp file before clicking on the one where you stop at to make the cdp file ? Thanks

Scottish
May 31st, 2012, 04:22 AM
The maximum size for a CDP file is 2 gig. You cannot tell in advance what size the file will be when you select a group of assets to make the file because every asset has an unknown different size.

Select a group (I grab about 1000 to 1500 items) and make the CDP. Check the file size in Windows Explorer after creating it. By trial and error you will soon get the feeling for it. If you try to include too many assets, the file will be created but you will probably find that the size is reported as zero because there was too much data to write to the file.

Scottish

Scottish
May 31st, 2012, 07:00 AM
By the way, since TS12 has a lot less built-in content than TS2010, did you know that you can also import TS2010 built-in content into TS12 and give you the benefit of considerably more assets.

To do this, follow Shane Turner's instructions on his website here;

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/importing-content---the-different-methods

Scottish

nimec
June 2nd, 2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks Scottish
Appreciated