PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Tafwebs Suburban House in ECML

Mick_Berg
May 23rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hi.
I really didn't know which was the correct forum for this post, so it's here.
Nearly all the houses in the ECML route are Tafweb's Suburban house 4 which is a lovely model, but it's an Edwardian red brick house and therefore not suitable for many areas around the ECML. I have made a plainer, larger house in yellow brick as a replacement, which has exactly the same footprint as Tafweb's house, so it can be substituted using "Replace Assets".

Here is a row of houses in Finsbury Park which I have replaced. The texturing is rather scruffy on this version, which was made as an experiment.

I'd like to know if anyone else is interested in having this, in which case I will tidy it up and put it on the DLS.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/mickberg/SuburbanVictorian.jpg

Mick Berg.

oldie
May 24th, 2012, 03:07 AM
hello, I think many members will be very interested in your offer, by putting it on the dls. you will soon find out, many thanks and regards....

tmz06003
May 24th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Yes, upload it, you've done all the hard work already and it looks great. Stuart may be interested in swapping it on the master ECML route as you suggest.

It may be worthwhile to add a note in the description specifying exactly which asset you are intending it to replace, with the kuid included?

kenneth18278
May 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Yes, please. I am very interested and will download immediately, it looks terrific.

Ken

ray_whiley
May 24th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Mick - good UK houses are always needed since there are so many possible variations - also shops (which is my main area of creation at present).

Ray

Mick_Berg
May 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Hi.

OK, that's enough positive feedback that I will texture it properly and upload it.

Mick.

Mick_Berg
May 31st, 2012, 12:53 AM
I have retextured the house. I would be grateful if a few of you fearless types would beta-test it for me, as if there is a problem, it could affect the large ECML route quite seriously! I would suggest only replacing small areas of houses at a time. I managed to screw up my route a bit during development.

The asset is available on a protected page on my website. If you would like to try it, please PM me and I will give you the password.

The Tafweb house spline that it replaces is "Suburban House 4 Spline", kuid:1942:37040. The replacement is called "Suburban House 4 Spline Victorian", kuid:240029:100044. It weighs in at 90 polys, Tafweb's is 114. It is at Trainz Build 2.7 as I find the new 3.6 config rather confusing.

Thanks to Terry Franks for his excellent original model. It has served us all well for a long time!

Mick Berg.