PDA

View Full Version : REALLY NEW GUY has a question

wobblinwheel
May 22nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
given as a gift, this is my first and only attempt to play a "game" on my laptop. When I read the box, it appeared (to me) that my comp. was compatible to run Trainz 2010. But now I'm guessing it's NOT. The farthest I've gotten is running the tutorials. I seem to understand them somewhat, but I notice all movement is intermittent or "cycling"? No fluid motion of anything: the locomotive, the automobiles. Everything moves in "steps". Like advancing frames on a video, one second at a time. I tried reducing the field of view (no help). What do I need to do (without completely losing graphic detail), to make this thing run smoothly? If this is the best it can do, I have no use for it. Any help?
Mike

shaneturner12
May 22nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums.

Can I ask what your system specifications (amount of memory,hard drive size,graphics card,processor, and operating system) are?

Once you get the game running properly, you will also need to register your serial number in order to access the Maintenance of Way forums as well as the Download Station.

Shane

tomurban
May 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Try running the sim in DirectX mode rather than OpenGL. You will find it under options in the start menu. If you are using a laptop, there are not too many things that you can do, due to graphics limitations in laptops/tablets.