PDA

View Full Version : Another new bug or is it a feature.

JCitron
May 21st, 2012, 11:19 PM
This one was found while adjusting some track that was crooked. Instead of straightening the track side-to-side, the tool cause the height to change instead. After clicking on the get height, the track straightening tool then worked properly.

This might explain why we end up with gaps under the track after adjusting them, as Vern pointed out. (At least I think it was Vern that mentioned this annoyance at some point).

So, hopefuly our dear friends, the Brew Crew, have this one on their list too.

John

Bill69
May 21st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Hi John,

I fairly sure this has always happened if your track is laid through a dip. If the two ends are not set for height the track will sag into a dip in the middle then using the track straightening tool will make it rest on the two ends i.e. rise out of the dip.

Cheers,
Bill

Dermmy
May 22nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
Yep - 'Straightening' effects both the vertical and horizontal planes - twas ever thus...

:)

Vern
May 22nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
The problem I noted was track disconnecting at interactive objects after performing certain operations (e.g. replace assets or undo). You then end up with a non-moveable spline point on the end of the dislocated section, so the only way to fix it is to insert another spline point a short distance away, delete the section then it is possible to re-attach. I reported it as a bug to the Helpdesk but have not had any feedback as to whether the cause has been identified or a fix will be forthcoming.

JCitron
May 22nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
The problem I noted was track disconnecting at interactive objects after performing certain operations (e.g. replace assets or undo). You then end up with a non-moveable spline point on the end of the dislocated section, so the only way to fix it is to insert another spline point a short distance away, delete the section then it is possible to re-attach. I reported it as a bug to the Helpdesk but have not had any feedback as to whether the cause has been identified or a fix will be forthcoming.

I've run into this one too.

@Thanks Andy for noting that this is a longstanding issue. I guess I was lucky that I never bumped into this one before.

John