PDA

View Full Version : Getting a loco with consist to go and couple to another loose consist

jjanmarine3
May 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Hi guys,

When I instruct a driver on one consist to go and couple to a loose consist elsewhere with it's current consist it takes off in the opposite direction seemingly on it's own mission . Where is he going ?
Is there a way to get this right pse.

Jan

oknotsen
May 14th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Feels like we need a bunch of extra information to get an idea of the situation and how to help you specificly.
Since I dont know the layout of the track, here is a more general comment:

The AI does not like to change directions when on switches, so if you need it to go backward and forward into a siding or other track, make sure it doesnt have to do so over a field of switches.
Sometimes the route to the consist it has to couple to seems to difficult for the AI and it then decides to just move and figure it out later. What will help then is to put an extra order before the couple order that tells him to "go to trackmark"; take a point halfway.
Also keep in mind that it wont ignore direction markers. If it can couple to the other consist without having to go in the wrong direction, but it has to drive a circle over 90% of your route, it will.

If these things dont help, see if you can post a screenie if the situation or write down a clear description.

jjanmarine3
May 14th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Ok thanks, I understand. I think in future I will either place the consists in easier ascessable positions for A1 or at least drive myself to where it is more likely that A1 can take over.
Pse bear with me if the following question is silly : Would , could or can or does an A1 driver use portals to get closer to a task or does such a consist dissapear permanently after entering a portal ?

oknotsen
May 14th, 2012, 05:35 AM
As far as I know, it will not take portals into consideration when calculating a path, but I have to admit I did not test that to a degree of being 100% sure.

shaneturner12
May 14th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Trainz will only use portals if it is specifically instructed to.

Shane