PDA

View Full Version : CM - Down laoding from external sources

jjanmarine3
May 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Guys I need to make sure of this .

When I DL something from external sources and the files are available and tranferred to CM, what is still to be done after that in CM by me please. I am unsure about the 'Edit' and 'Commit' aspect too.

Jan

fran1
May 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Guys I need to make sure of this .

When I DL something from external sources and the files are available and tranferred to CM, what is still to be done after that in CM by me please. I am unsure about the 'Edit' and 'Commit' aspect too.

Jan

Absolutely nothing if you set CM to auto commit.
Re edit, do not open a built in asset by auran, you'll never get it to work again. Anybody else use edit in explorer, until you get the hang of it clone the asset first and play with that, if you get it wrong you can delete it and clone again.
Once you've finished editing r/click on the asset and select commit. You have to do this or they won't show in game.

jjanmarine3
May 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks.Is CM set to Auto by default ? or how to do this please.

Don't know whether I have already made boo boos while learning anyway...will probably find out the hard way.

shaneturner12
May 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hi jjanmarine3,

You may find my Content Manager guides useful. They are at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/content-manager-guides.

Shane

Euphod
May 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
After you have successfully installed, be sure to check the item in the CM main window to be sure it is not missing dependencies, or flagged as faulty.

jjanmarine3
May 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys.

I can only imagine what a nightmare things would have been without all you all helping out for the love of it. Perhaps I can also start helping around 2020 or so...:D