PDA

View Full Version : Pick List Problem

lonnieguthrie
May 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I always drag Items I use a lot textures, buildings and such to the drop down menu in the surveyor route edit page so I don't have to go searching for them. Suddenly the list is empty. I rebuilt the data base and even moved my backup original, and local folders back to the game. Didn't solve the problem. I don't want to have to take the time time rebuild that list again. Any clues to what happened and how I can get that list back? If there a folder or file I can back up if this happens again. I'm using Version 10 on windows 7 with no problems in the past. Thanks for any help you can give me.

JCitron
May 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I think the pick list, like your custom tags for content, is stored in a file that you can export or backup within Content Manager. Look for Backup Keywords in CM under the File Menu.

John

Dap
May 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I always create my picklists in Content Manager. Then I view it in the main window. Then save it as a Filter using the Save button in the search window. This should create a tab at the top of the main window. To recall a search list, I just click on the tab, select everyting in the main window and drag it to the pick list window.

Let's hope the next release of Trains stream-lines this to a simple save of a picklist.

lonnieguthrie
May 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure I totally understand what your saying Dap but I will give it a try. it sounds like there is no way to retrieve that list now though.