PDA

View Full Version : CONTENT UPDATES

tonytony
May 7th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Just noticed that the content updates have increased by about 100 items but HOW does one find the NEW items added
Regards
Tony

shaneturner12
May 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hi Tony,

As you are using Trainz Simulator Mac, things may be different.

Is there a 'Content Updates' option within the main game?

Shane

tonytony
May 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Hello Shane

If there is a Content Updater I have not found it

TONY

JIb228
May 7th, 2012, 10:25 AM
If things are the same on a mac as they are a PC, then if you click on where it says the number of content up dates it will take you to this screen.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120507_0001.jpg

Then click download and you should get this:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120507_0002.jpg

Then just click "Download All."

All that icon means is that content you have and can use has an up date that the author has put out. If you don't update, its not a big deal. But its worth it as issues with the old content might have ben fixed or new features might have been implemented.

tonytony
May 7th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hello Shane

Yes I have got the screen showing descriptions but I get that by keying the double arrows on the right of the first screen but nowhere is there any indication which are the NEW contents.
I have saved the screen with the top items on the contents and will wait for the next updates and check the screen against my copy screen.
It does not seem that the NEW contents are at the top of the contents screen but might be somewhere down in the depths of 1655 items.

thanks for your prompt assistance
Tony

llebrez
May 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Valid questions with no answers yet. Problem is that after you download some of these assets, they still don't work! showing missing assets and "faults". Any explanations?

shaneturner12
May 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
The faulty updates are due to certain activities in the DLS Cleanup project.
The assets shown on the Content Updates screen are assets which have updates available.

Shane