PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a clay mine or quarry please

casel
May 6th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Hi to all,,,,I have this brickworks that needs clay but I cant find a source for it, could some one help here please.
BTW its trs2006.
thanks
Len

Frosties
May 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Im no expert, but im using 'Multiple Industry New' to set up a clay pit.
Then make the surroundings look like a clay pit and put in some conveyors and such.

Thats how i do it anyway :)

pixel
May 7th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Take a look at Mineral-1 Depot by jslbm kuid2:112938:69:1

Not a quarry but a source of the brick clay you need.

Check out the rest of the industries too, well worth a look.

casel
May 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks Guys any help is appreciated
Len

clam1952
May 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Should be some china clay stuff on the DLS that might do by marky7890 and I think angelah has some items on the DLS as well.

casel
May 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks Malc,, I think china clay is not for making bricks but I stand corrected if need be.
Len

JohnnyC1
May 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Rocks that are rich in kaolinite are known as kaolin or china clay. And among other things, some bricks are made from clay. There are 2 clay products on the DLS, Kaolin pulver & Kaolin slurry. If you have a paper making plant you are going to need kaolin, also used in paints, medicines, toothpaste. There was a thread a while back that had some information about clay, and there is a 1 or 2 board clay route on the DLS, I don't remember the author or name. Do a keyword "quarry" search on the DLS and I am sure you may find something that you can use.

John

clam1952
May 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
The buildings would be very similar though.

casel
May 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info but I am having problems at the moment and cannot let you know how I get on with the clay thing, but I will let you know what I have done when I do it.
Thanks a lot
Len