PDA

View Full Version : New Too Trainz 2012

SPSD40T2
May 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
1.Hi I am new too this forum just installed Trainz 2012 yesterday,Wow am I amazed great Routes my.Favorite Route is the.Mojave Sub I was wondering is there a UP Cascades Route?Or a Donner Pass Route for Trainz 2012?:D:udrool:

2.I noticed on my desktop I see a folder named.Trainz Simulator 2012.It has files named,Set Up files.Do I need this folder still on my desktop.The folder is 6.1gb or can I delete this folder?

setup-1a.bin
setup-2a.bin
setup-3a.bin
setup-1b.bin
setup-2b.bin
setup-3b.bin
setup.exe

btvfd
May 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hello SPSD40t2

You should not deleate them untill you burn them to a DVD disk because if you ever need to reload TRS12 on to another computer or in the event of a system crash you will need them.
This is basically the files for the game without a disk..

For this you will need :

1 Blank 8.5 gig dvd. Next copy all of the TRAINZ files above to you DVD burning drive then burn disk.

Now that you have a hard copy of the files you can remove it from you desktop file but be sure to write the CD key on it, this way you won't have to hunt it down should the day come when you need to reload it.

Jim

oknotsen
May 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hi and welcome to Trainz,

I was wondering is there a UP Cascades Route?Or a Donner Pass Route for Trainz 2012?:D:udrool:The first: Not that I know. The 2nd I think someone is working on that. I say give search (http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&sclient=psy-ab&q=donnar+pass+site:forums.auran.com%2Ftrainz&oq=donnar+pass+site:forums.auran.com%2Ftrainz&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_l=hp.3...17241.24661.1.25043.20.19.1.0.0.2.227. 2419.3j15j1.19.0.erf1.1.0.0.TBMQ5Wl3p14&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=eea3d27667b7d19c&biw=1280&bih=883) (via google) a try :).

2.I noticed on my desktop I see a folder named.Trainz Simulator 2012.It has files named,Set Up files.Do I need this folder still on my desktop.The folder is 6.1gb or can I delete this folder?No, you dont need them on your desktop, but I would advice not to delete them but to burn them to a DvD or something in case you have to re-install the game once of these days.

SPSD40T2
May 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Okay thanks for the replies I bought Trainz 2012 from amazon.But if I did delete that folder will Trainz still launch from.The Trainz 2012 Icon on my desktop,I mean will I still be able to play Trains 2012.If I had deleted that folder.I have deleted the folder as I mentioned.

btvfd
May 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
if you look in your program files you should have a file called NV3 and a short cut called launch ts12 on your desktop. DO NOT REMOVE those files because that is the actual run program.

Now as for the following files:

setup-1a.bin
setup-2a.bin
setup-3a.bin
setup-1b.bin
setup-2b.bin
setup-3b.bin
setup.exe

You need to save these to a 8.5gig DVD after you have done so, then it would be ok to remove only the ones that say
setup-1a.bin
setup-2a.bin
setup-3a.bin
setup-1b.bin
setup-2b.bin
setup-3b.bin
setup.exe

That is how I did it when I got my TS12 and I also learned the hard way about not saving the set up files to a disk. I made 2 DVD copies after that mess.

jdlaughead
May 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hi I am New To or maybe I should say Old to Trainz.

I was checking my old games and brought out my old Trainz game,1.1.1 I couldn't believe it downloaded perfect on my Vista, so now I would like to find service pack 1,2,3. I also brought out MS Train simulator, and it works fine. I just bought Railworks 3, but still find Microsoft Train Simulator the best so far. I have the Pro Train add on. You advertised your iPad for 99 cents, and then when I went to the APP, it was 3.99??????? I think I will wait on that till you get Steam. You know Trainz reminds me of X-Plane alway updating maybe you should call it X-Train. Funny How Both has out lasted Microsoft.

SPSD40T2
May 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
1.I also found a Trainz 12 Route I download called NS Ferry Sub Version 1.5.cdp.So witch means I am new too adding Routes to Trainz 12?I do not know how too add Routes etc?

2.I found the Graphic Setting in the main menu I changed the scenery detail from 5000-4000.The Sim runs great but a little jerky.Motion when I am in the cab on the Mojave sub it runs a little jerky.When I press the number 2 key it's a little jerky.So how do I fix that it runs better now since I changed.From 5000 too 4000 in the scenery detail?

maruffijd
May 2nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
SPSD40T2

There are two things I would like to ask you to look at. One is the button on top of this page called download station. The other is when you open the game initially, there is an option called content. I invite you to try both of these options for a whole lotta addons such as routes, sessions, locos, rolling stock, scenery, so on and so forth. You will be amused by how much stuff there is out there. There are also excelent third party payware and freeware too.

"I can only show you the door. You have to be the one to open it."

SPSD40T2
May 2nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
I just download the SP Los Angeles Sub from here. http://www.uslw.net/index.php/contacts/routes Wondering how many miles is it where.Dose it start an ed at?

SPSD40T2
May 6th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Like I said I downloaded teh game at Amazon,Good thing about that I can redownload Trainz.Anytime I want incase I do loose Trainz 2012.If I did delete that folder on my desktop what would happen.Will I still be able to run Trainz 2012 I have the.Trainz 2012 Launcher icon in a separate folder.?

Euphod
May 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
You may remove the set up folders from your desktop if you don't want to save them on a disc. They have created your program on your drive, and it will not ruin your installation to remove them.