PDA

View Full Version : Montana Rail Link MP V2 OP-Session's (This aint your daddy's circle burning)

Pages : [1] 2 3

JIb228
May 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
General Operation Rules
If you pick up a car that is left at an industry, spot a similar car there. Watch signals and speed limits. Team Speak is HIGHLY recommended. All trains, with the exception of the Logan Local, must have a caboose. If you pick a locomotive, and a caboose, those are your for the session. So if you get a caboose for Livingston yard, you keep that caboose on any train you take with that set of locomotives, regardles of where you get your next train.

Logan
Logan is a small town yard with only on industry, Logan MFG. Loaded coil cars and flat cars with plastic pipe loads go here to be unloaded. But Logan servers as a key role on the railroad. This is where the Logan Local starts and ends. The Logan Local, LL, is the short coal run from Logan yard to the flood loader to load coal. Loaded coal heads off to Montana Light in Billings, and Bozeman Power in Bozeman. Now the coal hoppers can head to any yard then to the towns, or form the mine to the two towns.

Trident
Trident is a switching town along the main line. Here you'll find an SW1500 that is meant to stay in town, unless heading to Helena for repairs or fuel. Trident receives empty covered hoppers, covered hoppers loaded with plastic pellets, and auto parts. Trident sends out car engines, loaded grain hoppers, and plastic pipe loads. Ether Livingston yard, or Helena yard will make up trains fro Trident, all other yards add any cars bound for Trident to manifests that will move cars from yard to yard.

Billings
Billings is not only a yard, but a mighty industrial area. Just about any thing goes to or comes from Billings. That's why there should be 2 crews (players) working Billings. One crew will be making up out bound trains and taking apart in bound trains, while the other crew is working the industry's. In Billings you will find 2 sets of SW1500's to do this work.

Livingston Yard
This is the main yard of the road. Here is where trains for any industry between Trident and Reed Point will be made up. As well as manifests and coal drags.

Manifest's and Coal Drags
These are the long haulers with the big power and long cuts of cars. These trains don't work any towns, don't set out cars on siding's, they just go from yard to yard. At any time a Manifest might be set out from a yard if the yard has too many cars and there is some one looking to run a train. The coal drags are the same thing. But they run form yard to power plant. When they get to the power plant they unload their cars into the plant. This means that a 50 car coal train might have to break up into smaller cuts of cars.

Train 100A/100B 101B/101A
These are the two passenger trains that run the route. 100A/100B is the big one that starts out in West End. It makes stops in Helena, Livingston, and Laurel. It starts out as 100A until reaching Laurel, then it reverses stopping at Livingston then Helena as 100B. Each time it changes from east bound to west bound it changes from A to B. (A is East bound B is West bound) 101B is a small commuter that works the same as 100A/B, but 101B starts in Huntley and stops at every depot till Helena, then it too reverses back to Huntley as 101A.

Locals
These are short little trains that leave any yard and work a few industry's along the line. These trains might only have 4-10 cars.

I will keep this updated and add more as we make up more trains and learn more about operating this layout.

Beattie
May 1st, 2012, 12:28 PM
I can do manifest runs on friday. Question lets say I finshed my run with that train can I switch jobs to setting up a train in that yard?

JIb228
May 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, at any time after you finish a run you can switch to a new job. Or you can relax and wait for the next job to come up.

Shadow-D
May 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM
This is going to be fun :)

JIb228
May 1st, 2012, 01:03 PM
I put some of your roads SW1500's on the route. There's on in Billings, and on in Trident. You said you like switching, so I put your locos where you might want to work.

Shadow-D
May 1st, 2012, 01:05 PM
Very Cool :thumbup:

JIb228
May 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Well its all approved and MRL v2 is on the dls, sort of. In a few hours it should be avalible to download.

Trainlover16
May 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I can't wait to conduct a passenger service! Can anyone be my engineer so we can actually do this like in real life?
and do the car have interiors?

Trainlover16
May 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hey i m running a seesion 2morrow ON VERSION 1.5 starting at 5PM until probly 8 or 9PM. if possible i need a engineer and a dispatcher.

PLEASE REPLY TO THE FORUM SO THAT I KNOW IF I WILL BE ALONE OR NOT.

JIb228
May 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Sorry Tainlover, I was at work, making money, to buy food, to keep me fed, so I can play trains. I'm sorry if that some how inconvenienced you and your forum going. But train Lover, Ill be hosting my own Wednesday op session on MRL 1.5 or 2.0 all day. if you'd rather join mine you may.

As for your other question, yes the passenger cars have interiors. But because of the number of people needed to run the railroad, I don't think we'll have 2 people to a train. It can be done, and if we have enough people for the other jobs that we will have going on then we could put a 2nd person on a train.

Trainlover16
May 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM
Oh ok thanks and my post was actually for Wednesday

Mouse84
May 2nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Church until 8p

JIb228
May 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Dont worry mouse, Ill have my session up till long after 8.

Shadow-D
May 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
as of 11:00 AM, still not showing on the DLS :(

JIb228
May 2nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
I see that, and yet it says under my content that it will be available soon. So it could pop up any time. But for now Ill start hosting a session on MRL1.5 and Ill be on TS.

Shadow-D
May 2nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Oh well... Looks like Friday for the first V2.0 run...

Trainlover16
May 2nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
VERSION 2 IS OFFICIALLY ON THE DLS AS OF 8:42PM

Beattie
May 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
VERSION 2 IS OFFICIALLY ON THE DLS AS OF 8:42PM

Can I have the kuid as I don't see it on the dls still?

Shadow-D
May 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
FTP Location: (for FTP users)
/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2009/session/kuid_344263_100062.cdp

Shadow-D
May 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Downloading as I type :)

Mouse84
May 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh well... Looks like Friday for the first V2.0 run...

Dang, I'll be on a train working home, catch it next week.

Shadow-D
May 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Downloaded... Time to go in to explore :D

EDIT:
So much for that :( I got the following error...

The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer.
The session, the route, or some dependensies are not built-in and are not
available on the Download Station

Abort Session Load

Trainlover16
May 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
UG mine is taking 4ever without a first class ticket!

gremlin1812
May 2nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Downloaded... Time to go in to explore :D

EDIT:
So much for that :( I got the following error...

G'day Shadow-D, when you install anything you have downloaded (even if it is from the DLS black pages) it is marked as modified and therefore cannot be used by multiplayer. You will have to delete it and load it through CM. CM is the ONLY way to download assets for multiplayer.
Regards
Barrie

JIb228
May 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Might also take a few more hours before we can play it in MP. But its good to see its up. I just hope that the error message is not due to content errors. Id hate to have to put up a patch so soon.

Shadow-D
May 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Ok... After deleting and re-downloading both the route and session last night, I tried to load the route in the normal manor with the same error message. I then went in to Content Manager and opened the session via view in driver and it worked. I don't know if it actually started a live multiplayer session or not as no one joined but I at least was able to explore and play a little.

I stayed in Trident and did a little switching and found a problem that might need to be addressed in the first update...

At the start of the session, all cars are empty. Once they are coupled to the switcher, they load taking everything that industry has. This is ok for the pipe on flats as that loads the flat cars completely but the other industries on the other hand are not as good. The grain towers empty into all 3 hoppers but do not have enough to fully load them. At this point they need to sit and wait for the grain industry to fill back up again. Only problem with this is that industry takes 500 minutes (or 8 hours) to fill. The engine plant has the same issues. I didn't get down to the plastics plant to see what the load times are there. If you could check the times at the industries and maybe adjust them to take say 1 hour as needed that would be great.

I also might have an update to the V&H SW1500's as I'm noticing the horns are wrong. I'm looking for the correct SP horns in the game but haven't found an exact match yet.

JIb228
May 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hay shodow, ill take a look at them when I get home. But for now if you get the chance go into cmp and make sure that there is nothing that is missing a dependency or fulty. Every thing is good on my end but due to a bug with TRS I can install a fresh clean copy of TRS to make sure my self.

Beattie
May 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
If I finsh download tonight I will join the session if up and check it out see if everything going aok. If I don't get to it tonight I will for sure be ready Tomorrow to see it when I get home.

JIb228
May 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Look's like there where a few cars that I put in that have missing trucks that can be found at RR mods.com. So Ill get to work on making a patch for the session to remove them, and to see if I cant fix those industry's.

JIb228
May 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I removed the bad cars, and edited a few of the industrys. An update for the route and the session have been uploaded. But it might be a while before they can be downloaded. I hope I patched it right, but I am not sure.

Correct me if Im wrong, but to make a update all I needed to do was make the changes, then add :2 to the kuid? So it would be <KUID:344263:100004:2>. Right?

oknotsen
May 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
then add :2 to the kuid? So it would be <KUID:344263:100004:2>. Right?Almost. I think it should be "kuid2:xxxxxxxxxx".
If it is the first, you can also just make it end with :1.
For a next new version, just click the item in CM and select "new version" from the menu; that fixes it for you. Then start editing after that.

Scottbe8
May 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Precisely. You cannot edit the KUID of an installed asset without getting an error while committing the asset. You will need to let Content Manager create the new version for you.

JIb228
May 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Ok, did it the way you said Oknotsen. Then I upload it the same way i would a normal piece of content?

Scottbe8
May 3rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
Ok, did it the way you said Oknotsen. Then I upload it the same way i would a normal piece of content?

Precisely.

JIb228
May 3rd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys!

Ok, so the updates are on their way. I have uploaded them and N3V's site says they will be available soon. If every thing is in order, and they are up by 1pm eastern time, (-5 GMT) then I will host a session starting then on MRLv2. IF NOT, and there are still issues, then I will host on MRL v1.5 at that time.

Trainlover16
May 4th, 2012, 12:46 AM
hey the CMP says that there is an update available fot the route and session could that be the fix? But even if it is i still have 199MB to download and i've reched my "quota for the day"!!!!!!!! UG

shaneturner12
May 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM
If that's the size for the session or route itself, you will need a First Class Ticket to download it unless you use the in-game Content Updates feature (if it's working).

Shane

Shadow-D
May 4th, 2012, 07:24 AM
On my end, I don't have any missing or broken dependencies.

I just checked the DLS through the Content Manager (Friday 05-04-2010 08:25AM) and there was no updates available :( I would say start a V2.1 session for tonight and we will use it to try to join and download all assets from the server. If it works we will be up to date and running freight... Ok and maybe a couple of passengers lol

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Ill try, I have found a caboose that has become faulty on my end. I am trying to fix it, but if I cant then it will be a 1.5 session and yet another update would have to be sent out.
Every thing was fine on my end until I uploaded every thing. Then all the bugs come out.

But I do have a planed update that I will be putting out latter this weekend adding a few new tools I have found that will help improve on operations. But first, fix these bugs.

Ill be on TS all day too.

EDIT! I fixed every thing on my end, so MRL v.2 Session is a possible go if that update shows up.

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Putting up tonight's session on MRL 1.5 for tonight. MRL 2.0 still isn't on the DLS yet.

IF MRL 2.0 comes up before 6pm Eastern time then MAYBE I'll swtich to that route if enough people who are in our current session have it downloaded. The update can be downloaded in game.

SPSD40T2
May 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Where can I get this Route at & is the Route freeware?

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM
-headdesk-

Both MRL 1.5 and 2.0 are are the DLS. And yes, they are freeware, unless you really want to donate to my Taco Bell fund. (That last parts a joke)

shaneturner12
May 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
SPSD40T2, make sure you have the latest TS12 patch (49922) before you attempt to play any multiplayer sessions.

Shane

SPSD40T2
May 4th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I cannot find the link for the download could you post me.The link please?Also the downloads in the download station like for.Sessions are they freeware?I have never downloaded here before?

shaneturner12
May 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Can I check which downloads you are referring to?

As for the patches, if you are not running build 49922, see the following thread:

New Users - How to patch your TS2009, TS2010, or TS12 game (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?88559-New-Users-How-to-patch-your-TS2009-TS2010-or-TS12-game)

As for the multiplayer session downloads, one of the other users on this thread will be able to assist you on that.

Shane

oknotsen
May 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Welcome to Trainz.

I cannot find the link for the download could you post me.The link please?Also the downloads in the download station like for.Sessions are they freeware?I have never downloaded here before?
Start TS12, click on content. Take it from there.

If you have never downloaded before, this route is most probably not for you. Start with something else and please-o-please do NOT fill this topic about the Montana Rail Link with questions that have not specificly to do with this. Please start a topic in the TS12 support forum if you cant figure out some of the basic stuff in game. Thank you.

trainsim1995
May 4th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I have some missing assists
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1aa 2-8-2 4000 tender= kuid:96914:504863
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1b 2-8-2 4219= kuid:96914:504860, kuid:96914:504883, kuid:96914:504884, and kuid:96914:54104
SP B-70-50 box car= kuid:138423:112129

This is the only thing im missing.

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I have some missing assists
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1aa 2-8-2 4000 tender= kuid:96914:504863
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1b 2-8-2 4219= kuid:96914:504860, kuid:96914:504883, kuid:96914:504884, and kuid:96914:54104
SP B-70-50 box car= kuid:138423:112129

This is the only thing im missing.

Dont worry about them, they are all removed in the next patch that should be on the DLS soon. It says its up not not yet visible, meaning at any time it should be available to download.

trainsim1995
May 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM
thanks jib

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Im going to postpone running the session tonight and work on the next patch to fix the few other issues I have found for Wednesdays session. But I am going to stay on TS if any one cares to jump in and give any input.

If any one else cares to host a session on MRL 1.5 go right on ahead, I might even join after a while.

Shadow-D
May 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I, in Content Manager, just right clicked on both the V2 Session and Route then download and that started the update! Once I have this update I'm going to try to start something and see if it loads and if people can see it. It will also work for some that don't have a FCT that want to download everything at one time...

I'll be jumping on TS in a little bit as well.

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 04:50 PM
They wont shadow. There are two things that I missed that are not on the DLS that showed as built-in in game. Which is strange because all of my paywear shows a red KUID in the lower right corner when even I put it in any personal use session. And most of my 3ed party stuff is the same way. I dont know why these few things show as 100% ok when they use assest's not on the DLS. Oh well, Ill be more careful from now on.

oknotsen
May 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
By adding the first V2 session and route to the download list, I was able to download the updated versions. Bad news: Still not everything requested by the session is available on the DLS.

It requires these items which on their turn dont have all the items on the DLS:
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1b 2-8-2 4219,<kuid:45588:4219>
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1aa 2-8-2 4000 tender,<kuid:45588:4002>
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1aa 2-8-2 4000,<kuid:45588:4001>
Baltimore & Ohio Q-1b 2-8-2 4219 tender,<kuid:45588:4220>

These are the missing dependencies of those items:
Unknown Location: <kuid:96914:504860>
Unknown Location: <kuid:96914:504863>
Unknown Location: <kuid:96914:504883>
Unknown Location: <kuid:96914:504884>
Unknown Location: <kuid:96914:54104>
Unknown Location: <kuid:96914:55201>

I am happy that your goal was to make the session only contain stuff from the DLS. I fear you will need another version to make that happen and I hope this helps you in reaching that goal.

JIb228
May 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
As I said Oknotsen, a few things slipped past me. But I have removed said things and am replacing them with all new assets. I should have an update uploaded by Saturday. That way it will be ready for Wednesday's session.

Shodow, Ive got some running to do an might be busy until latter tonight. If you have any sort of a session up I might join.

Shadow-D
May 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I've got something up now for v2 and have TS on but I need to step out for a bit. I'll be back in a little while...

railventure
May 6th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Running V2 session right now with no problems, strange the assets everyone is looking for i already had and it loaded without any trouble. So if these assets are not on the DLS why will it allow me to run a MP session, still alot to learn about this game

colourlight
May 6th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Ideally you should have two versions of TS12 on your computer. One with your payware and 3rd party content and a "clean" version which only uses built in and DLS items. You will find it makes life easier and a lot less complicated

oknotsen
May 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
As I said Oknotsen, a few things slipped past me.I thought you ment your first upload with that, not your second. I was just trying to help you by listing those missing in the second upload :).

JIb228
May 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Ideally you should have two versions of TS12 on your computer. One with your payware and 3rd party content and a "clean" version which only uses built in and DLS items. You will find it makes life easier and a lot less complicated

And I am fully aware of that. I have attempted to to that as well. But to understand my set up here you'll need a bit of a history lesson.

2006, I get computer A and some time with in the next 2 years I pick up TRS06. Some time around 2008 my TRS06 folder, along with other game's become to large for Computer A's hard drive, an external hard drive is bought and all games are moved to it. Latter that year TRS06 takes a dump on me and I am with out Trains until 2010 when I buy TRS10 for the MP beta, it is installed on external HD. Late 2010 I buy TRS12 soon after it comes out. Computer A starts to show her age, Computer B is rescued from my mum and fixed up, all of TRS12 is copied to Computer B. Late 2011, computer B has a fatal hardware failure and every thing is lost, Computer A is dusted off. Spring of 2012, Computer C is bought. TRS12 which was installed on to the external HD from computer A is moved to computer C. Computer C is loaded with 1TB HD, i3 processor, 6gb of upgradable ram, and windows 7 64bit. BUT, when I try to use my files to install a clean version of TRS12 from the downloaded files I got from Auran when I bought TRS12, some thing isnt working right. The game installs fine, I can run it just fine, every thing appears to be working fine. Until I try to install any thing, weather it be form the DLS or CDP file. I get an error message saying "Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid2:344263:100004:3> due to file access error." I also get an error message if I attempt to patch, saying that the game failed to make backup files before patching.

BUT, do not reply to this as it is WAY off topic. I will post in the help area my dilemma and this very paragraph.

And Oknotsen, I know. They slipped past me in both uploads. But I was very careful, and made sure that every thing should be on the DLS for attempt 3.....I hope.....fingers crossed.

routinge
May 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hello boys !

Is there a new map for this version, like those made by TPR for the first one (Change industry's names, and others updates...) Thanks

Routinge

Scottbe8
May 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Hello boys !

Is there a new map for this version, like those made by TPR for the first one (Change industry's names, and others updates...) Thanks

Routinge

Yes, there is a new map for this one: Montana Rail Link 12 v2.

Beattie
May 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hopefully is everything goes smooth this update we will have the great light for a session this Friday.

Shadow-D
May 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Hopefully if everything goes smooth with this update we will have the green light for a session this Friday.
Fixed it for ya... LOL

JIb228
May 6th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Well, new patch for the route is up, and a new patch for the session is on its way. Hopefully all is fix now.

Shadow-D
May 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Sounds good, I'll DL it today and see how it goes...

Mouse84
May 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Thank you :)

routinge
May 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Yes, there is a new map for this one: Montana Rail Link 12 v2.

Thanks for the answer. If you have a link, it would be good because I do not find it !

JIb228
May 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the answer. If you have a link, it would be good because I do not find it !

NO there isn't a map, but the PDF form TPR will work for this route.

In other news, the up to date route is up, but I cant get the session to up date. If all else fails, I just rename it and resubmit the session.

JIb228
May 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ok, found out what I was doing wrong. I kept trying to send the first session <kuid2:344263:100062:1>, when I should have sent the second version of the session <kuid2:344263:100062:2>.

It has been sent and should be available for download in the next few hours. If this session fail's....I'll eat my N scale trains.

Beattie
May 7th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Ok, found out what I was doing wrong. I kept trying to send the first session <kuid2:344263:100062:1>, when I should have sent the second version of the session <kuid2:344263:100062:2>.

It has been sent and should be available for download in the next few hours. If this session fail's....I'll eat my N scale trains.

I have already eaten my O scale trains :hehe:. So I pray for sucess

Scottbe8
May 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
New session is available only through Content Manager. To download, click and drag the "Montana Rail Link 12 MP Session v2" into the Download Helper, then click "Start". If necessary, delete the session from your machine and try downloading again. All dependencies are either built-in for TS12, or they are available from the DLS.

EDIT: Dependency Signal USA1 02L,<kuid:-12:24012> comes from the DLS as "locally modified". Any ideas why?

Shadow-D
May 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Well I just downloaded the update and had 9 missing deps. They were for the...

Generic 0-6-0 No. 54
Generic no 54 slopeback tender
NC&StL #576
NC&StL Tender
U30C CNW #930
U30C CNW #931
U30C CNW #932
U30C CNW #934
U30C CNW #935

I deleted all v2's and redownloaded with no luck.

EDIT: I now have all items however, there are still some items that are not on the DLS and they are as follows...

JRPX 20800 gal tank car,<kuid2:45324:300008:2> Also showing as localy modified and I cannot that removed.
UTLX 20800 Gallon Tank Car,<kuid2:378673:100001:2> Also showing as localy modified and I cannot that removed.

I found a large group of potential issues by viewing the deps in the main window then adding the search term "Built-In = False"
The 10000 character limit of this forum is preventing me from posting all of the items. The posts would be 3 or more long...

Shadow-D
May 8th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Ok I've managed to get the game to run, I guess it isn't going to be an issue with the above mentioned items...

oknotsen
May 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Something must be wrong at your end; I do not have any 3rd party items installed and have no missing dependencies on the Montana Rail Link v2.
1 item is faulty though: Detroit & Mackinac Caboose,<kuid2:135744:58843:1>. Not sure if that will prevent the show from happening.

JIb228
May 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I have the same problem with that caboose as well, but it didn't prevent me from hosting a session for about an hour this morning. But I will look into replacing that caboose at a later date.

Im going to be busy for the next few days, but I will be hosting a session on Wednesday some time around noonish till when ever.

But Ill throw up a test session/fun run for tonight jsut to make sure people can join.

Shadow-D
May 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I joined your "Fun Run" Jib and there is an issue with the multiplayer i.e. the bug is showing and this is the errors..

Thread Exception: ER_NullRefferance, line 297, file multiplayerlib.gs

Stack dump:

function $void@MultiplayerLib::NotifyDriverAssigned(string, int,string), line -1
function $void@MultiplayerLib::MultiplayerRuleRPCHandler(Me ssage), line 1428

Not sure what it is...

JIb228
May 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I have no clue what that would be ether Shadow.

BUT its Wednesday, and that means Ill be hosting a full blown op session today. Ill have a session up as soon as the servers are back up. They appear to be down right now.

Beattie
May 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I joined your "Fun Run" Jib and there is an issue with the multiplayer i.e. the bug is showing and this is the errors..

Not sure what it is...

I will check again tonight to see if any problems come up. But if nothing does on my end tonight then it might be related to your end.

Shadow-D
May 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I'll jump in once the server is up and see if it is there again. If it is, I'll delete and re-download v2 yet again...

JIb228
May 11th, 2012, 12:29 AM
So here's the plan, I intend to be fairly busy this Friday. I have to pick my GF up from the airport in the morning, then head to work in the after noon. If the TRS servers are up, I will host a session starting early, around 9:30am or a little latter. But if the servers are not up by 1:30pm, then I will not be hosting a session and it will fall on to some one else to host a session. But because I have to work until 10pm if you see me driving it at is, it really is my GF as she might end up driving. Yes, she might.

As for next Wednesdays and Fridays Sessions, I will not be in town so I will be unable to host them.

Edit: Session is a Go for some time early tomorrow morning till late tomorrow night. Servers are up!

alexslomin
May 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Now I have started a new multi session and will be online for some days. Let's play!

JIb228
May 13th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Starting Tuesday, or some time Monday, I will be hosting a week long session on MRL. I am doing this while I am out of town. So while the session is, up, if any thing happens there wont be any thing I can do. But Ill be in and out of the session but will be gone from Wednesday till Friday. It will be labeled Mega Fun Run/Op-session. If any one wants to operate the railroad as a dispatcher they may. Now while out of town I might hop on the Team Speak server from my phone just to see how things are going.

Shadow-D
May 13th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Cool... This should be a good test of the new map and session :)

alexslomin
May 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Cool... This should be a good test of the new map and session :)
I agree with you. ;)
It will be a great thing to play for a long time on the huge map with many fans of Traiz.
I can work in LOGAN yard with local coal load and delivery and with MFG
Welcome:clap:

JIb228
May 14th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Server WILL be up and running some time Tuesday morning.

JIb228
May 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
The server is up and running.

Keep in mind that the power pants do need coal, if they run out, all the industries shut down.

Now I have picked up a locomotive, and have a small train. I will be running on and off on Tuesday, but after that I will be out of town.

Shadow-D
May 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Are there still only 2 power stations, one in Bozeman (Bozeman Power) and one in East Billings (MT Power)?

alexslomin
May 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Are there still only 2 power stations, one in Bozeman (Bozeman Power) and one in East Billings (MT Power)?
Yes, only 2 stations: Montana Light in Billings and Bozeman Power in Bozeman.

Shadow-D
May 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Ok... I tend to like the switching in Trident so when I play, I'll prob run up with a cut of loaded cars that need to go out and I'll grab the coal train in Logan on my way through to Bozman...

Shadow-D
May 15th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Well I've been trying to join Jib's session with no luck... Trainz crashes after it tries to load the driver. Is anyone else having trouble with this or is it just me?

I've been able to start my own session and it looks to be live when I'm playing it but I have no idea if it really is...

alexslomin
May 16th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Well I've been trying to join Jib's session with no luck... Trainz crashes after it tries to load the driver. Is anyone else having trouble with this or is it just me?

I've been able to start my own session and it looks to be live when I'm playing it but I have no idea if it really is...
I was joined for 5 hours to the session yesterday. But after about 3 hours Trainz was crashed 3 times. After last successful connection I was online about 2 hours.
Now Jim's session is still running (it was only renamed). When I was joined the session, I tried to select a train for drive - Trainz crashed. Again and again. 5 times for now... :confused:
Each time trainz crashed when I choose a Bald driver. When I have selected another driver - sometimes trainz crashed too ,when Cristian is chosen, for example. So, as a fact, some big problems present in multiplayer release in trainz.

Shadow-D
May 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM
The server is still up..... Please use TeamSpeak 108.91.138.12 when you are using this session...

Shadow-D
May 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Also... If the switches in front of you start switching back and forth... the Dispatcher or someone is trying to talk to you...

GN1996
May 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I can't do the session tonight, trainz keeps crashing for me. :(

Shadow-D
May 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I'm going to start a new session now...

JIb228
May 20th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Well Im home from my trip and I had a lot of fun running 7.5"gauge trains. Ill have a full report on it in my blog in the next few days. BUT in other news, I was a little irked to see so many train's derailed. I didn't bother to try and sort any thing out, I just noticed that all most all the drivers where train-less and that so many had derailed.

This is partly to blame on crews, players, and partly my fault. If I hadn't been out of town I could have cleaned up many of the issues and keep the route running smoothly.

But here is my plan of sessions in the next few days. Ill be making a few changes to the route, editing a few industries, patching some texture's, etc. My plan is to slowly patch up all the texture errors each time I make an up date. I hope to have the up date ready and playable by Friday. Meaning I should have it done and uploaded by Tuesday assuming I get time to work on it at all. IF NOT, then Ill still host a Friday session WITHOUT the update's.

And I plan I doing more of these week long sessions, but with more supervision on my end.

heyrey
May 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Just saw this today and It looks like fun

except I keep hearing that theres problems so maybe not, Heck im gonna download it and see how it does.

JIb228
May 21st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Just saw this today and It looks like fun

except I keep hearing that theres problems so maybe not, Heck im gonna download it and see how it does.

There were some issues with the first versions but patches have taken care of that. The other issues have been with other peoples computers. Other then that the sessions have been going good.

Scottbe8
May 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
The dependency "Detroit & Mackinac Caboose,<kuid2:135744:58843:1>" is now reporting faulty in my copy of TS12. Is this the case for anyone else?

oknotsen
May 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM
The dependency "Detroit & Mackinac Caboose,<kuid2:135744:58843:1>" is now reporting faulty in my copy of TS12. Is this the case for anyone else?
Yup, same for me.
Good news: Same goes for the creator of the session. He mentioned in an earlyer post that he will keep that in mind in a new version of the session.

Shadow-D
May 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
I have a server up and running right now and am on TeamSpeak. Game will be up for a little while tonight.

EDIT: Something came up... Server is down

ricomon35
May 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Guys: :wave:

I have a "just for fun" server up right now 6:52pm pac time. Anyone can join and drive a they wish. :o
Just behave..... I dont have a good mic yet for teamspeak, but I am logged into the general chat at 108.91.138.12

Session under my tag :cool:

rico

ricomon35
May 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Server off now... Nite

JIb228
May 25th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Ill be putting up a Friday Session in the next few hours on MRL2. Ill be on Team Speak all day as well. Shadow-d informed me of a few issues, what Id like to do in this session is have any one who joins keep an eye out of any issues so I may address them ASAP.

JIb228
May 25th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Ive got my session up and running, but I got called into work to cover some ones shift for a few hours. So Ill be gone for about 4 hours. The session will remain up and running though.

Beattie
May 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hopefully when I get home around 4:30 EST. I will get on teamspeak and see what needs to be done. Catch you there Beattie out

Beattie
May 26th, 2012, 07:53 AM
If your interested in just what goes on in montana session

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rD-hmb7CDk

Beattie
May 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
have a session up right now

Scottbe8
May 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I'm having trouble getting the TS overlay to show up in Trainz, can anyone help me out?

JIb228
May 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM
First, under the over lay settings check "Enfroce loading". Id that doesn't work, set trains in Dirext X mode.

Scottbe8
May 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
First, under the over lay settings check "Enfroce loading". Id that doesn't work, set trains in Dirext X mode.

Anything else? Those two things alone have not worked for me.

JIb228
May 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM
So I am neck deep in the next update for MRL, Im calling MRL2.3 "The Big One."

Here's what I have done so far:
Added a few new industries
Working on fixing the broke industries
Changed up the flood loader
Changed most of the textures to seasonal ones (Now we can have snow on the ground)
Adding more scenery
Trying out different tracks (I don't quite like the looks JR track)

But then I got a little carried away over in Livingston. And I think some one might need to dig out a lawn mower.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120526_0000.jpg

Now I like the look of this grass, and am willing to add more of it along the line. (Starting out in areas that are more photogenic then others. then covering the whole route.) But should I? Is this too much for some?

oknotsen
May 27th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Now I like the look of this grass, and am willing to add more of it along the line. (Starting out in areas that are more photogenic then others. then covering the whole route.) But should I? Is this too much for some?I know for the UMR they created a route with the main difference being that they removed the grass just to make it more playable / less anoying in multiplayer. So before starting your own grass industry, I say check with some of them.

JIb228
May 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
That's why I posted this here first. And thanks to layers, if we don't like the idea of it all the grass is gone in just a few easy clicks. But I am changing up how I do it. Right there are about 500 individual assets. No a problem for my computer, but Trainz didn't like it.

alexslomin
May 28th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Hello, Jib. Want to ask you when you plan to upload the new version of Montana?

Mouse84
May 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
The grass really hurts FPS, you might want to reconsider.

JIb228
May 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM
The grass really hurts FPS, you might want to reconsider.

I did that mostly for Spits and Giggles and most of it has been removed. I have left a few little tufts of it here and there. But nothing on that extreme of a scale. But on my end what hurts FPS is not the grass, but the track. I put back in the built in JR track and I bog down in yards. No place else though. The track that I was testing out wasn't sitting right. Looked good but sat lower to the ground then the JR track and would need a bit of work to get looking right every where.

In other news, More industries are going in including an auto plant that I think should be fun to try and work. But more on that later, Im taking Monday off from working on MRL 2.3. I have been working on it since Friday every day all most all day.

colourlight
May 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM
It wasn,t the grass on the track the other people and myself objected to. It was the amount. There was far to much of the damn stuff. Talk about driving through a 40 acre grass field! And switching at night was my worst nightmare. All you could see were the red & green arrows. You had no idea to which switch they belonged as you couldn,t see the damn thing. Nor did you know which way the switch needed to be. It was like playing Russian Roulette only with a train. And Mouse was correct regarding the Framerate. Mine was ok but only because it is a high end gaming machine. Other people, less fortunate than myself did suffer. I know how they felt as my previous computer wasn,t very good, a Dell something or other, one of the first duel cores.

Shadow-D
May 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Maybe just a few tufts would work... :confused:

colourlight
May 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Nothing wrong with a siding which ends in a section of rusty track and a few tufts of grass just don,t go over the top and plant it everywhere, I just don,t see the need to put it all over the place. The more scenery items, the more work your computer has to do. And if there is one thing that will drag performance down it is too many splines.

JIb228
May 28th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I would never put grass on top of track, unless its the end of a stub ended siding or a line that is never used. But as I said, just doing a little here and there. Take a look at how grass is on UMR and youll get what I am doing now. That screen shot was just me messing around after about an hour.

Beattie
June 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Session already up Jib? or somebody else doing hosting tonight. Oh by the way if its ok I might do some dispatching on the run tonight.

Beattie
June 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Well sense I have no idea where Jib went off to I have the session hosted tonight

JIb228
June 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry guys. Lost track of the day of the week. Been working almost every day for 8 hours so far. Except for thusday where I woked 13.

JIb228
June 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
So MRL2.3 is very close to being done. When it is done Ill post a list on what I have changed. One snag that I have hit though, what industry should I put in Huntley? Down where Huntley Power is? I want to replace that but I have no idea with what.

Also, if any one has any suggestions, PLEASE post them now BEFORE 2.3 is released. I will try to include them if I can. Id like ideas for industries (With a name, product, any maybe a location), rolling stock, locomotives, etc.

For after MRL 2.3 Ill be moving on to two post MRL plans I have in mind. One has nothing to do with MRL, and the other dose.

danny5
June 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Huntley should have a coal mine.

Scottbe8
June 7th, 2012, 07:11 AM
First of all: "does", not "dose". The latter means a prescribed amount of a medicine.

Second, Huntley should have a Home Depot warehouse. Though in the real route, there's nothing of interest in Huntley.

Shadow-D
June 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I would love to send you the caboose I painted for the V&H but 1) I haven't heard back from the original author and 2) my main computer went paper weight on me the other day. It's so bad I had to send it out for the repairs as I've never come across this problem before.

colourlight
June 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Why iss it som peoples feel the need to write a post critizing every typing or gramatical error?

Beattie
June 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Well lets see if the Erie Alcos C425 that I uploaded are there in the next day or two request them to be put on 2.3 version route.

JIb228
June 8th, 2012, 10:20 AM
@ Beattie, Im putting them in and all over the place. One is going up in Great Falls, which Great Falls it self is getting a major rebuild. Its no longer a yard with nothing but now a another industrial area. Im going to set it up to complement Billings. Meaning, half of what Billings makes will go to GF, and half of what GF makes will go to Billings.

@ Danny, I thought about that, but had a better idea. I have set up the portal in Huntley to generate a random train ever 2 hours. The trains come in, drop off a cut of cars, then leave through the West Portal just on the other side of Helena. One of them is a coal train that will bring in a loaded coal train. And to help out, I have place plenty of loaded coal hoppers in Billings, to tide over crews there until a coal drag from Logan show up.

@ Scott, I thought about that. Some place to send lumber too. But as is, there is no place to get logs to make lumber. That's what I have put there. And yes, I know that the industries on my MRL are not what are on the real MRL. I am merely putting them in to give us more to do and make it more fun for us all.

MRL 2.3 still has a bit of work before its ready. Add to it that I currently am working all most every day, at my normal job or at my new internship. I have been hard pressed to get working on MRL. I know this is just a hobby, some thing to do for fun. But I REALLY would like to get MRL2.3 done so we could all have some fun on it.

BUT, in the mean time, I do have today, the 8th, off and so I will be hosting a session on MRL 2.2. Ill have it up shortly after posting this. Looking to the weather for Livingston MT today. It is partly cloudy, with a chance of thunder storms later this evening. And those will be the setting for the session. So if you don't like rain, hope it dose not rain in Montana.

Lastly, kind a off topic. But Shadow and I where talking about Rail Drivers a few weeks ago, and I bought up how mine is set up. Here's a pic: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/2012-06-08_11-14-59_736.jpg

colourlight
June 8th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Whar you are doing sounds great but it.s probably not a good idea tio have trains coming out of a portal in MP.

JIb228
June 8th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Well see how well it works, if not then Ill remove it.

In other news, Ill repost the session in a few hours, when more people hop on the VTR Team Speak. VTR Info can be found here: http://www.vtr.herobo.com/index.html

JIb228
June 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Server is up, Shadow and i are running trains, so come join us!

Mouse84
June 9th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Thank you for hosting, it was fun.

JIb228
June 9th, 2012, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeHReFdsj4&amp;feature=youtu.be

Ill just leave that there....

Trainlover16
June 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM
LATE NIGHT SESSION 2MORROW STARTING AT 9:30. ALL ARE WELCOME

Beattie
June 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
LATE NIGHT SESSION 2MORROW STARTING AT 9:30. ALL ARE WELCOME
sounds interesting I might pop in for a little bit to relax some and do some runs.

Trainlover16
June 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM
quick session 2 night from 10 until 12th all welcome

Trainlover16
June 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Ok, i've been late to all the sessions that i have tried to iniciate. NOT THIS TIME!
THIS TIME I WILL START ON TIME.

SESSION 2NIGHT STARTING AT 6:30 UNTIL 10ISH. ALL ARE WELCOME.

please use teamspeak for it makes things more convenient.

GN1996
June 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Hey, nice video. I wonder who was in that first train. :hehe:

Trainlover16
June 14th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Session up right now until 11
please use teamspeak

JIb228
June 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
READ FOR FRIDAY JUNE 15TH'S OP-SESSION!

I will be hosting a Friday Session today starting around noon eastern time. But we are going to try some thing new. We have run with a dispatcher before. But this time we will have two dispatchers, and 0 non Trainz related radio communication. This means you only talk on TS if you need to talk to the dispatcher. The two dispatchers will mute each other, so they cant hear what the other one is saying, and they will be given two halves of the railroad. West Dispatch will control all of the line from West end, to West Livingston. East Dispatch will control every thing from East Livingston to Huntley.

ALSO, Id like to try out using track warrant's. Print out a few copies of this: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Track_Warrant.jpg

I will enplane how to fill one out when in Team Speak. Both the dispatcher issuing the warrant and the crew using it must fill one out.

Any and all movement, driving of a train, on the main line must have permission from the dispatcher for that district before proceeding. Any movements in yards don not need permission, unless they they are accessing the main line for any reason or time. Trains stopping to drop off cars, or work an industry must stop and ask permission to work that town. That then a new track warrant would be filled out.

Now I am saying lets make these changes, so we can move more closer to prototypical railroading. And ot get ready for the next version of MRL and how it will be operated.

JIb228
June 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM
So I am in the last few steps before putting V2.3 out there. Just adding mile markers every mile then I will upload it. I will still need to re-ballast it, but that can come latter.

But for now, here's a clip from me doing to testing. Nothing new other then the fact that I have added some built in locos to the session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWVVkvuE-E&feature=youtu.be

JIb228
June 21st, 2012, 12:10 PM
So here's the deal for this Fridays Session. I will not be hosting it for 3 reasons.
1. I am supposed to be getting a new cable modem Friday and will have to set that up. I was supposed to get it months ago, but Comcast never sent it. Even though they billed us for it.
2. I would really like to get to run UMR for more then 15 min. Yes, I am going to be putting in some millage on UMR.
3. MRLv2.3 is done and should be on the DLS soon. So I want to wait till its been up a day or two before running a session on it.

With that said, starting Sunday I will be hosting a week long session on MRL2.3. I will be running and paying attention this session unlike the last time I did one. BUT, I will be making it a private session, meaning you'll need to get the password from me or some one else. (Ill name them in the session info when I post it.) There a few people who I have seen on MRL and UMR who are less then welcome. Not to discourage any one else from the session, just a few people come in and treat a full blown railroad operation as toy trains. And none of us really want that.

But for the love of trains DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ON THE FORUMS. I hardly ever read them and all most never reply. If you need the pass word to the up coming session, ask on Team Speak or ask me in game.

GN1996
June 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
I assume that we are supposed to update to TeamSpeak 3.0.7 for the upcoming session, correct?

GN1996
June 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM
MRL 2.3 is now on the DLS but CM isn't downloading it. :(

Shadow-D
June 22nd, 2012, 02:01 AM
It's there... I just downloaded it. You may need to work at it a little though.
Drag the current v2 into your download helper window and let it update. Once you see the little update box click download. Do that for both the route and the session.

MRL 2.3 is now on the DLS but CM isn't downloading it. :(

GN1996
June 22nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Downloading now. It just appeared in CM.

EDIT
My plan to have it download through the night failed. My CP went into sleep mode and downloading stopped. I don't have a 1st Class Ticket so this will take a long time and hopefully I can be done in time for Sunday.

GN1996
June 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Beattie Construction? Vincent's Goods? C'mon, seriously?

Beattie
June 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
might sound crazy but there are productions made by Beattie for real. But hey why not its all in good fun

JIb228
June 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Beattie Construction? Vincent's Goods? C'mon, seriously?

Clearly you have never been to any model railroads.

Its often that towns or industries will be named after people who help work on the layout. Like at the museum we have a farm that we call Price Farm after James Price who built the area.

CPman117
June 22nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
id love to join in on your sessions jib but i cant download all the deps the sessions look prototypical is it possible for someone to send me the route and all dependencies?

GN1996
June 23rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
I am actually a member in a model railroad club, but we don't name things after contributors. I thought you were just messing around when you did that or you needed names for industries because you ran out of ideas. That is a pretty good idea though. Will recommend it to the guys at the club.

JIb228
June 23rd, 2012, 12:32 AM
Most clubs I am a member of do. The Museum has one town name of St Joseph. The sad story of how it got its name though. Before I started there a name by the name of Joseph past away working under where the town is.

One of the Depots is named after our head electrician. The main yard that I work most of the time is named after one of our main track builders. There is a whole Junction named after a master modeller who built the whole junction. And I have laid claim to a yet unbuilt industrial area.

oknotsen
June 23rd, 2012, 04:08 AM
id love to join in on your sessions jib but i cant download all the deps the sessions look prototypical is it possible for someone to send me the route and all dependencies?Just download it like we all do?
That thing is hundreds of MB's. You think someone is going to mail that? Plus of a lot of assets on the DLS it is illegal to destribute them outside of the DLS.
Add to that the fact that installing them makes them marked as "locally modified" which aint allowed for multiplayer.

Shadow-D
June 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
All dependencies are on the Download Station. Auran has made it imposable to play in multiplayer mode using 3rd party items / assets. You will need to go through the route one asset at a time.
First thing you need to do is, in Content Manager, drag the session and route to the "Download Helper" and let CM (Content Manager) try to find the missing dependencies.
After that has completed, again in Content Manager, click on the session and click on "View Dependencies", that should give you a list of how many are missing. There is also a box at the lower right corner that says "View in main window" or something to that effect.

Now you will need to drag each asset that is missing dependencies to the "Download Helper" and again let CM find the missing items. After you have done that you should do an "Extended Database Repair" just to be sure everything is where it needs to be.

If anyone is still having trouble getting MRL MP V2.3 up and running I will help you out as best as I can.
I am usually on the TeamSpeak channel (108.91.138.12)

id love to join in on your sessions jib but i cant download all the deps the sessions look prototypical is it possible for someone to send me the route and all dependencies?

JIb228
June 24th, 2012, 12:38 AM

If I did that, Id mail them to you....on floppy disks.

But in other news, I am bumping the start time for the session to Monday afternoon. I have to work odd ours on Sunday and figured it would be easier to start the session on Monday. Also, I need to test out my new network setting a bit more.

JIb228
June 24th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Also, the railroad should be divided into 3 parts. Each of the main yards will service one part of the railroad. Every thing from Helena to Logan, and the Great Falls Branch is handled by Helena yard. From Logan to Columbus is Livingston. And from Columbus to Huntley is Billings/Laurel. This means if your in Billings and you have a car of auto parts that needs to go to Trident, that car would have to be put on a transfer run from Billings to Livingston, then from Livingston to Helena, then on a local down to Trident.
If you are a local out of a yard to work a town or set of towns, you come back to the yard you left.
We don't have to follow this 100%, but just a note for those who are working a yard or locals.

GN1996
June 24th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Can't wait! This is going to be awesome. I haven't finished downloading yet but I hope that RS3 is in Helena/Great Falls.

Thanks for implementing some Great Northern locomotives (or loco, have one downloaded, don't know if there are 2 in MRL) Jib. I saw the GN RS3 in the dependency list and I think I probably became the happiest railroader in MRL.

JIb228
June 24th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Can't wait! This is going to be awesome. I haven't finished downloading yet but I hope that RS3 is in Helena/Great Falls.

Thanks for implementing some Great Northern locomotives (or loco, have one downloaded, don't know if there are 2 in MRL) Jib. I saw the GN RS3 in the dependency list and I think I probably became the happiest railroader in MRL.

I only put in the RS3, and I think I stuck it up in Helena as the yard switcher/road switcher for locals. And I listen to my people. If any one every wants to see some thing in MRL, I will try to pout it in. With in reason of course. I mean, yea there might be a nice looking Shay, but I am not going to add any NG track just to run one locomotive. There are more GN locomotives on the DLS, but I felt none of them would look good in session. Mostly paint shed repaints or F units. And the one GN steam locomotive I did find is faulty.

I love the DLS and I love that all these content creators are sharing their stuff with us all on it. But I must admit I do get a bit bummed out when I cant find some thing for a particular road. (GN, GTW, PMR)

GN1996
June 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM
IF, there is ever another version of MRL, a caboose to go with that GN RS3 would be mcguirel's Extended-Vision Caboose-Great Northern <kuid2:72938:100839:1>. That is the only accurate GN caboose I found that works in TS12.

If I knew how to create content, I would just create a whole line of Great Northern content. That is my favorite railroad and there isn't much of it on the DLS that actually works in TS12 or is not faulty. It is rather disappointing.

JIb228
June 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
@GN, Ill have a look into it. For the moment, I am taking a step back from MRL and working on another route. Untill some major bugs show up on MRL I don't intend to do too much more with it for a bit. Yes I will be working on it still, making improvements there and there. But to the side burner for MRL.

In other MRL news, At 6pm Eastern time I will be starting up the MRL Server. Once again it will be password protected. Hopping on the MRL Team Speak server will get you the password. Things to remember. Do not leave your train on the mainline, rest all main line turnout, keep the power plants fed with coal, and dont try to take all the locomotives in a yard. I have different consist set up of different sizes.

JIb228
June 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM
@GN, Ill have a look into it. For the moment, I am taking a step back from MRL and working on another route. Untill some major bugs show up on MRL I don't intend to do too much more with it for a bit. Yes I will be working on it still, making improvements there and there. But to the side burner for MRL.

In other MRL news, At 6pm Eastern time I will be starting up the MRL Server. Once again it will be password protected. Hopping on the MRL Team Speak server will get you the password. Things to remember. Do not leave your train on the mainline, rest all main line turnout, keep the power plants fed with coal, and dont try to take all the locomotives in a yard. I have different consist set up of different sizes.

trigg099
June 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Hi, I am having trouble getting v2.3 its not in the contents manager but has shown up in the content updates section ingame. problem is when i try to download those 2 files thay go red and the warning is that there not compatable with my version of trainz which is 49922.

any ideas?

Shadow-D
June 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
See post # 157 above. I'm on now.

Hi, I am having trouble getting v2.3 its not in the contents manager but has shown up in the content updates section ingame. problem is when i try to download those 2 files thay go red and the warning is that there not compatable with my version of trainz which is 49922.

any ideas?

colourlight
June 26th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Would it be because Planet Auran is down? Mabe it can,t access your details. Just a guess.

trigg099
June 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
hi, i had my filter setup wrong in contents manager:wave: now i can see the files im getting them ok thanks for help

JIb228
June 26th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Looks like iChat is down, meaning that MP sessions wont work. I am taking this time to make a quick update to MRL. Found a few bugs that I want to iron out real quick. Update should be live by Friday.

JIb228
June 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM
V2.4 is on the DLS now, and the iChat servers are back up. Meaning that MP sessions are possible. I have some running to do, and lots of work on Thursday. I might have a MP session up on Friday. I am thinking of upgrading my graphics card on my computer, as it is I have just a built in Intel one and want to beef it up to some thing Nvidia. Ill post an update on when the next week long session will be. Im thinking July 1st.

Shadow-D
June 27th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Hey Jib, I was testing out a few things today and found that the Logan industry is doing the same thing as before. It's taking control of the train to unload but locking and causing a stack dump that will not let me take the train back.
Here are some screenshots
http://hotshotsoflatham.com/DNE/TS12/screenshots/logan2.jpg

http://hotshotsoflatham.com/DNE/TS12/screenshots/logan3.jpg

colourlight
June 28th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I,m hosting a session now and will be open for as long as possible.

JIb228
June 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Ill take a look at it. But I know nothing of code, or where to start when it comes to those stack dumps. All I can think is that it has some thing to do with they way the industry is configured.

If I could, I'd us Proto Lars Industrails(PLI), but those dont configure the same as the multiple industry news(MIN) do. If I could set up PLI's like MIN's, in that I could tell it what to load and unload I would use those. But PLI's have a preset selection of commodities, and they are not what most of the industries on the route need.

Id join you Color, but I have to work....all day....and my laptop here at work can not run Trainz any more.

colourlight
June 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Jib, I can confirm what Shadow said concerning Beatties Min in Logan. Marlo,s fine furniture in Billings is also broke and like the first one must not be used. I have no idea what the cause is. Ony solution I can think of is delete and replace the MIN in the next Route and session version. I do know the Coal Loader in logan works fine and the Container Terminal in Billings load containers but that is all I can confirm so far.

JIb228
June 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Ill add those to my FIX-IT list.

The containers should unload in Livingston. Shadow was working on a list of what is where and where what goes.

Shadow-D
June 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I have a finished copy in MS Word format ie .doc ready to go. If you give me your email address I'll send it right out to you Jib...

Shadow-D
June 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM
double post

JIb228
June 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
You should have my Gmail address from when you sent you cabeese. But if need be I can send it to you again. Ill see about fixing Marlos and and Beatties. I think I'll flat out replace them. And I test them again and again before I upload it. Thats the problem with MRL, its so big its hard for me to test every thing before uploading. And it too big to e-mail. So it comes down to doing these sessions and seeing what works, and what fails.

Shadow-D
June 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
On it's way now...

gpmcty
June 28th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hello. Looking to join in on a multi session but I'm having trouble. I believe I have all the content except the MRL 2.4 update. The download helper seems to stall on this file. I have been trying for the past 24 hours and it just won't go. Is there anyway else to get this last update? It is listed as 45 mb. Not sure how much of it I get before it dies and the dlh lists a speed of 0.0 Bps. Have restarted, stopped and started, let it run all night and nothing. Any ideas on what I can try. I do have a first class ticket.

Thanks.

Greg McCartney

Shadow-D
June 28th, 2012, 08:43 PM
That sounds more like an Auran connection problem to me... Have you tried to download it from the DLS web page via direct link?

Session
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=233679

Route
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=233678

You should be able to download the CDPs and save them to your desktop, or where ever it is you save your downloads, then install them.

I'm on the TeamSpeak server right now if you want me to talk you through it...

Server Info:
Virtual Trainz Railroad - http://www.vtr.herobo.com/

Address:

colourlight
July 4th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I have just closed my session and I am upgrading to version 2.5 and hope to start a new session sob! very shortly. All that switching I did in 2.4 Sigh!

Shadow-D
July 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Well I guess there might be a problem with one of the new switches in the Billings Industrial area. I watched Color derail his train on it and everything was fine... I'm going to jump in and check out all of them and update here...

Shadow-D
July 4th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Ok here is the update...
There are several "NEW" switches that are "faulty"...

These need attention
FFR No 8 Left Hand Turnout (Switch Stand Left) 3 derails trains going into section with Billings Tractor
FFR No 8 Right Hand Turnout (Switch Stand Right) 3 derails trains going into Billings Auto Parts

These are known issues that the creator is addressing
FFR No 8 Right Hand Turnout (Switch Stand Right) 1 Points are backward
FFR No 8 Right Hand Turnout (Switch Stand Right) 5 Points are backward
FFR No 8 Right Hand Turnout (Switch Stand Right) 4 Points are backward

Another "Driver" has been made and uploaded to the DLS.
Also, Beattie Construction is not operating...

Vinnie264
July 4th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Those engines are coming along just fine. I have 15 SD70ACes and 1 SD45, 1 SD40, and 1 GP9RM.

Vinnie264
July 4th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Those engines are coming along just fine. I have 15 SD70ACes and 1 SD45, 1 SD40, and 1 GP9RM. All for the Montana Rail Link.

JIb228
July 5th, 2012, 12:54 AM
@Shadow, noted and Ill get the track crew out there ASAP to fix them. And that new driver will be on call as soon as hes on the DLS.

@Vinnie, kewl. Thanks for taking on that challenge for us. I like the mix of power we have, but Id much rather have more local specific power on the line. When they are on the DLS, Ill add them to the route.

And now, this dose not mean I am going to replace every thing with MRL power. Just means that a majority of the power will be MRL, BNSF, and maybe UP.

Shadow-D
July 5th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cool :cool:

Beattie
July 5th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Ok here is the update...
There are several "NEW" switches that are "faulty"...

Another "Driver" has been made and uploaded to the DLS.
Also, Beattie Construction is not operating...

Well darn I guess my company is to busy at the doughnut shop everyday :hehe:. Be seriously wonder why its refusing to not operating have you checked to make sure its a operating industry? And another question comes to mind is it connected to a powerstation and the powerstation ran out of coal?

Shadow-D
July 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I talked to Jib about it and that is one of the industries that you park the cars and leave then some time later you go back and they are emptyed...

colourlight
July 5th, 2012, 09:16 AM
In the last version Beattie Construction and a couple of others in Billings were broken. Beattie Construction and Marco,s Fine furniture have been replaced but I,m not sure about the other one.. I did a quiick test with a locomotive which proved Beatties Construction is no longer broken. I have not personally tested it to see if it will unload in my session but I hope to before the weekend is out along with some others. A word of caution to would be testers. Testing Industies can only be done if you are hosting the session. For some reason if you are a "guest" in a session things don,t always work as they would do normally. I found that out when I was a "guest" in my own session, Port Ogden once. For some strange reason I could not assign a commodity to the tank cars or load them but later when I hosted everything in the garden was rosy. I,m pretty certain Shadow was hosting when he was testing so the test should have given an accurate result. In the MRL session I,m hosting a player could not load plastic pipes at Trident but when I took over his driver the cars loaded fine. Other problems I have found are no crude oil at Clarkeson, LPG at Bozeman needs a serious adjustment and the 40 mph leaving Livingston going towards Laurel should be moved much nearer the Yard exit. However overall I find MRL is a great route with a lot of potential. It is modelled on the Real Montana Railroad so it would be wrong to change too much as the route would lose it,s authenticity and that would be a shame. What, in my opinion would improve the route? The Interactive Industries working properly for a start, no easy task I might add. Unfortunately the new, broken Point switches in Billings have closed some important industries such as The one that produces General Autoparts. Crude Oil is aso an important commodity which is not available in this session as I mentioned. The most important thing the session needs which neither Jib nor I can provide are players in the session. MRL is designed to work with quite a few players. A bare Minium of two dispatchers are needed, one at Billings and one at Helena plus an assistant at Billings and Helena who would service the industries in those areas of control.Thats 4 players without the drivers who are doing Yard to Yard transfers and driving coal trains to and from the power stations every now and then. And that is without bringing Laurel and Livingston into the equation. I hope I havn,t put anybody off, it really is a great session with a lot of positives. So come and join my session or anyone else who is hosting at the time. If you have problems joining the session There is always help in these forums or you can talk to somebody such as myself.

JIb228
July 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I would be making those changes. And uploading th route tonight, but as. Of 4am eastern time (-5 GMT) the power to my house has been out. On. Wendsday we had on and off storms in my area. So until power is restored, I cant work on MIL or any thing trainz related. As is, im posting from my phone whiles sit and relax waiting for paint to dry on my some what neglected n scale layout.

GN1996
July 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I downloaded the route and session and got all of the dependencies downloaded but I get the message, "The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer. The session, the route, or some dependencies are not built-in or are not available on the Download Station." What could be wrong? All of the dependencies were clearly on the DLS, otherwise I could still be missing dependencies.

Shadow-D
July 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Can you see what dep. is causing the problem?

colourlight
July 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM
To save me time typing the same thing over and over in reply to the same question read my instructions for joining a multiplayer session in the thread "How to join a multiplayer game?"

GN1996
July 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Never mind with that issue, MRL works for me now.

JIb228
July 5th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Well as of 430pm I have power again. But my cable is out still, meaning no internet. No idea when it will be back up, I do have comcast, so we can assume some time in the next year or 10. If its not back up by noon tommrow then I wont be hosting a session on MIL. Still posting from my phone.

Vinnie264
July 6th, 2012, 01:03 AM
jcurran is assisting me with the repaints.

boyerm25
July 6th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Well I just downloaded the update and had 9 missing deps. They were for the...

Generic 0-6-0 No. 54
Generic no 54 slopeback tender
NC&StL #576
NC&StL Tender
U30C CNW #930
U30C CNW #931
U30C CNW #932
U30C CNW #934
U30C CNW #935

I deleted all v2's and redownloaded with no luck.

EDIT: I now have all items however, there are still some items that are not on the DLS and they are as follows...

JRPX 20800 gal tank car,<kuid2:45324:300008:2> Also showing as localy modified and I cannot that removed.
UTLX 20800 Gallon Tank Car,<kuid2:378673:100001:2> Also showing as localy modified and I cannot that removed.

I found a large group of potential issues by viewing the deps in the main window then adding the search term "Built-In = False"
The 10000 character limit of this forum is preventing me from posting all of the items. The posts would be 3 or more long...
Those two tank cars are from Jointed Rail...

Shadow-D
July 6th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Thank you for the info.
This problem was from V2.2, we are now on V2.5 and this issue has been resolved.
If I recall correctly I fixed these issues by doing an extended database repair.

Just an FYI...
JRPX 20800 gal tank car,<kuid2:45324:300008:2> & UTLX 20800 Gallon Tank Car both list as "Built-in" in TS12...

Those two tank cars are from Jointed Rail...

boyerm25
July 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Oh. Well they are also on JR. I haven't really done much with TS12 since the game is so laggy on the low-end system we have, so I'm just trying to get the content in my TS: MAC.

GN1996
July 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hey Jib, I would like to suggest something that might fix the issues with the rerail portals getting broken in each session. The rerail portal gets broken because when it rerails multiple consists at the same time, the second consist doesn't couple to the first consist; it just passes through it. I think we could fix the issue by providing a steep hill (about 4-6%) that starts downhill immediately after coming out of the portal. Then we can control the decent of the rerailed consists with the Directional Speed Retarded by Trev999 and ultimately stop the train somwehere, a mile or two away from the portal, so a set of locomotives can come and pick up the consist later.

I am not 100% sure that this would fix the issue, but it is worth a try.

JIb228
July 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ill. Look into it GM. But as of right now my internet is still down.

I like how DTE can get my lights on in a day, but Comcast can't get my TV on in 2

colourlight
July 8th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Huntley Logging will load cars. There is a 10 minute wait before it will load.

JIb228
July 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
As I have said many times now, some industry are protolars. They are the ones that have the white rail joiners set very close to each other. But to help clear up confusion I will change them to orange ones for protolars industries

JIb228
July 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
2.6 is on its way to the DLS.

2.6 Fix List:
Broken turnouts in Billings Fixed
Bozman LPG adjusted
Mike's Earth Movers rebuilt to only unload skid loaders
Porto Lars industries no have Orange Isolated Rail-joiners
Re-railportal 2 is reconfigured to AI Spwan Portal

Added:
AI Spawn Portal (Ever 240 min, 4 hours, a AI train should come out, drive to Billings, drop off some coal hoppers, then drive to the Denver Portal in Laurel and leave the route)
GN1998's GP30's (Hellena)
Great Northern Cabooses (Hellena)
Drivable Railkin (Great Falls)
Few new 83 foot high cubes

Thats about it, should be on the DLS in 24-48 hours.

GN1996
July 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
GN1998's GP30's (Hellena)

That is awesome, thanks.

GN1996
So you can read my name a little bit easier, and hopefully correct typing issues. :hehe: Just kidding, I really don't mind.

colourlight
July 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Jib, that sounds good. Did you rember to adjust The Crude Oil industry so that it actually has crude oil to load?

colourlight
July 9th, 2012, 01:46 AM
I have justed started a new session 2.6. Clarkson Oils is producing crude oil although I havn,t tested it yet. I do have one complaint though. The drivers are getting REALLY ugly these days,lol. Back to business. Dragging 2.5 to the download box will update to 2.6

JIb228
July 9th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Sorry about that GN1864, I get your name right next time.

And Colour, my girlfriend happens to think that driver KUID:344263:23 is a sexy beast.

GN1996
July 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Really? Well aren't you just a comedian. lol. Have a nice day JIb824. lol\

EDIT-7/10/12
I just finished downloading MRL v2.6 and opened it up. The Helena locomotive selection looks very beautiful. I thank you for that.

I think I will set up a session and leave it on throughout the night because it appears colourlight took his down. Soooooo if anybody wants to drop in to mine, feel free. If you try to get a hold of me in-game between 9:30 pm and 3:00 pm Mountain Time, tonight to tomorrow, I will be sleeping and then at Driver's Ed. I will probably drop in for about 5 minutes in the morning, before I go to Driver's Ed. So, have fun if you do join.

GN1996
July 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I discovered an error with the Huntley AI train. It didn't even get to leave its originating portal; it derailed on the way out. I haven't quite figured out what is causing the issue, but maybe you can or you already know. Just thought I would let you know Jib.

My session is still up though.

colourlight
July 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
There was an issue in my session where one or two people were unable to see all the assets. I closed my session, deleted all versions of MRL on my computer and reinstalled it. I,m running a session now but I,m at work now so feel free to join GN1996,s session. I have encountered no problems so far except the Rerail Portal going into non-stop production but then, I,m used to it doing everything except what it should be doing. I have witnessed the AI train emerging from the AI Portal at Huntley both at the start of the session and 4 hours later. Just as an afterthought can anyone tell me if you change the time of day during the session as I dislike playing in the dark, Would that affect the AI train?

JIb228
July 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM
No it wouldnt. Changing time has no affect on the times for portals or industries.

halbert5150
July 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
It didn't even get to leave its originating portal; it derailed on the way out.

This is not just an issue with this map alone. Im having the same thing happening on one of my maps I created. Train starts to come out and derails before its fully exited. Then because its a long train the tail end of the train still generates and the driver is added to the train driving from the caboose.

I happen to be using the ATSF sd45 that came with the game in this instance. I noticed in the jetlog that theres a bunch of errors with attachment points for that item so I was wondering if it was the locomotive. Any chance you guys are using that locomotive?

Hal

GN1996
July 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
No, but we are using the SP SD40T-2 from the same author, so there is a connection there.

casanova419
July 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
having problem on 2.6 its said the selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer. the session,the route or some dependencies are not build in and are not available in the download station. before i could get in on 2.5 when colour was running it 2 nites ago.check for missing dependecies on mp12 route and mp12 session but nothing is missing i deleted both and reinstalled but i get the above msg

normhart
July 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
FWIIW I've only downloaded the Route (2.6), I have not downloaded the Session. I was surprised to find both the Rail King and the SD-40T were present. The Rail King was fine but the train entering from the Huntley Portal derailed about 3 out of every 4 attempts to run the route. Perhaps the fact that these are apparently built into the route rather than, or in addition to, the session may be causing the problem?

colourlight
July 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I wrote a tutorial in the thread "How to Join Multiplayer Games" which may help you. I mentioned "Locally Modified Assets". This may be the problem. But I would suggest you follow my tutorial first just in case you missed something or have a missing dependency. If you still can,t get in type the exact name of the route in your CM search box and apply the filters "Locally modified" and "true" Delete anything and everything that shows up Next t go back to the beginning and select the route and select "find dependencies". Download anything missing. Now the locally modified part again and continue until you have no locally modified assets and no missing dependencies. Now try to join the session. If unsuccessful do an extended database repair and restart your computer. By this time you ought to be able to join the session. Jib has a session running at the moment which may be up for a few days then I may host one. But i intend to follow jib,s lead on that. And if you still can,t get in the session I have a plan "B"...

Shadow-D
July 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I wrote a tutorial in the thread "How to Join Multiplayer Games" which may help you. I mentioned "Locally Modified Assets". This may be the problem. But I would suggest you follow my tutorial first just in case you missed something or have a missing dependency. If you still can,t get in type the exact name of the route in your CM search box and apply the filters "Locally modified" and "true" Delete anything and everything that shows up Next t go back to the beginning and select the route and select "find dependencies". Download anything missing. Now the locally modified part again and continue until you have no locally modified assets and no missing dependencies. Now try to join the session. If unsuccessful do an extended database repair and restart your computer. By this time you ought to be able to join the session. Jib has a session running at the moment which may be up for a few days then I may host one. But i intend to follow jib,s lead on that. And if you still can,t get in the session I have a plan "B"...

There may be an option to revert to original or just revert. Either way I'd try that first rather than delete them and see if that does the trick.

GN1996
July 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
The issue that I had was that the driver, Shadow-D, needed an update. So just drop the driver Shadow-D into the download window in CM, and your problem should be solved.

Shadow-D
July 12th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Yea that was my first "driver" and after I used it in MP I found a problem so I had to make a change... Sorry it's causing minor problems...

GN1996
July 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
It has been addressed that the update is what is giving them the trouble. As long as they read the posts relating to your driver, they should be absolutely fine, and as far as I am concerned, it is no longer a problem.

JIb228
July 14th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Starting about Monday, MRL 2.7 should be live. I shut down the re-rail portal and the AI spawn portal that had been giving us issues. So now if you derail, that's if for that train. I replaced Huntley Logging with a normal industry, as well as Billings Big Rig, though it is no longer named that. Other then that the only other changes I made are scenery. I have for a long time wanted to make MRL look better, and I have been slowly doing that. Hopefully every thing is set and in good working order and I wont have to put out an update once a week. If that is the case, then I will keep doing updates, adding new trains, more scenery, more industries, ect. But they will be less often, say once a month or so.

But with that I am going to be taking two steps away here. One is away from MRL in general. I will keep working on it, but I am going to shift my focus to another project that I am still developing that I think you'll all like. (Some of you know what it is.) The other is form Tainz, at least for a week. Im going to be busy this week and to lessen my stress might not even hop on my computer much. And if I do I might not hop on Trainz.

colourlight
July 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I will be running 2.6 until I post the update in this thread. This is simply to avoid confusion.

normhart
July 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Other then that the only other changes I made are scenery. I have for a long time wanted to make MRL look better, and I have been slowly doing that.

JIb228, I do beg your pardon. I had initially intended to reply to this thread in order to sing your praises but got distracted by the puzzle of 2.6.

I am really somewhat at a loss for words to describe what a massive improvement you've made in this route in this update. I suspected that I was in for a treat when I noticed all the "ultra" stuff downloading as part of the update but I was in no way prepared for what you have done. You have taken a great old driver's route and made it, well, beautiful.

It is quite amazing.

Thank you,

Norm

PS 2.7 appears to have fixed all the issues I noticed. Thanks for that too. :D

JIb228
July 14th, 2012, 11:12 PM
JIb228, I do beg your pardon. I had initially intended to reply to this thread in order to sing your praises but got distracted by the puzzle of 2.6.

I am really somewhat at a loss for words to describe what a massive improvement you've made in this route in this update. I suspected that I was in for a treat when I noticed all the "ultra" stuff downloading as part of the update but I was in no way prepared for what you have done. You have taken a great old driver's route and made it, well, beautiful.

It is quite amazing.

Thank you,

Norm

PS 2.7 appears to have fixed all the issues I noticed. Thanks for that too. :D

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. There a still of lot of visual things that I want to change, like the fact that most of the route is un-ballasted. Or that most of the cites, such as Livingston and Billings are not true representations of their real life counterparts.

There where a lot of errors along the way, and in each patch i have tried to fix as many as I can. I also try to add new elements, often making new and intresting issues.

colourlight
July 15th, 2012, 01:10 AM
The addition of the Interactive Industries does give yo a sense of purpose. I have had the session running continously for the last 3 days and reached a number of conclusions. Firstly it is an excellent session with a lot to do. 2nd, although the AI train serves a purpose by providing coal to Billings I won,t be sorry to see it go. 2nd I have mixed feelings about the Rerail Portal. Although most of the time it is broken it does produce one or two trains that were derailed in each session. And there is also the element of surprise. I think that on balance I would like to see one in the session. Cloning trains is an alternative but there are serious issues with doing so. It can be useful to clone, say, a pair of loco,s to perform a certain task but when you have finished with them they should be removed from the session. The number of Interactive Industries is about right although there is no harm in making one or two changes now and then and fixing/adjusting as needed. I have tried quite a number of Industries now and I have very few issues with them so far. Ikea Lumber Supply in Billings is broken and should be replaced. I also had a problem with Smeed and Son Steel not giving me back control. However I suspect the cause is the Coil Car not the Industry and I need to investigate further before you replace it. I found that servicing the power stations repeatedly is tedious and while you are doing that you can,t do anything else. May I suggest suggest getting rid of the one in Billings at least. I would like to see more locomotives to cover for the ones lost in derailments and maybe more of the scarcer cars for the same reason. More flatcars would be nice as they can fulfil a number of roles. As well as specialist commodites such as Combine Harvesters they can also carry general Goods and Lumber. I can,t think of anything else at the moment but thats because it,s really excellent and i wouldn,t like to see a huge amount of changes. But I will repeat what I have already said in a previous post. MRL is crying out for more people to play it because only then will it reach it,s full potential. Some people may be put off because they can,t join the session but that can be fixed and and I can help with that.

GN1996
July 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Might I suggest adding one or two more sets of mainline locos to Helena? I don't know if Helena will ever need them, but it might be something to keep in mind.

JIb228
July 15th, 2012, 09:48 AM
@Colourlight, how I Ikea broken?

I have industry link set up. So you drop lumber off at one track, pick up Ikea pallets at the other. Ill take a look at Smeed steel in a bit. And about the power plants, I am keeping them in place, its just one more job for one more person. And your right, Colour, we do need more people, hence why I have so many jobs that could be done. Ill see if I can increase the amount the power plants to be full, or lower the consumption rate.

And Ill see about more main road power in Hellena.

colourlight
July 15th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Ikea takes control of your train, fails to unload 16ft Lumber and does not give control back to you. Smeed Steel on the other hand does load steel Coil even though it fails to give control back to you.

colourlight
July 16th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I have just started a new session, 2.7, following the multiplayer outage which I hope to run for a few days.

colourlight
July 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I preferred Huntley Logging as a Proto-Lars Industry. At least when I was hosting I could load Logs!. It seems to me you have set it to consume Logs not produce. Go to the bottom of the Class.

Beattie
July 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I preferred Huntley Logging as a Proto-Lars Industry. At least when I was hosting I could load Logs!. It seems to me you have set it to consume Logs not produce. Go to the bottom of the Class.
Ah but what if I am already at the bottom of the class:hehe: colourlight? Well maybe he wanted to change industrys up.

JIb228
July 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM
-head desk- Ill fix it....
you are all a very demand bunch of people. Lul.

colourlight
July 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
There are a number of things that need fixing unfortunately. I have just discovered a defective switch located at Daes Skid Loader Industry in Billings. I can also confirm Smeed & Son Steel is also broken and needs replacing. I am considering uploading a new version of the route and session which will hopefully fix the Industrys and also include changes to the Speed restrictions if nobody has any objections. I have decided to close my session due to the number of Industrys either broken, not working or inaccessable.

JIb228
July 18th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I am considering uploading a new version of the route and session which will hopefully fix the Industrys and also include changes to the Speed restrictions if nobody has any objections.

I do. There are several scenery items that are on the session layer on accent that I have slowly been fixing. Second, I don't want to see two different versions of the same route pop up as it would not help with the number of people trying to play.

colourlight
July 19th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Both Exxon in Lockwood and All American Toys in Billings need some serious adjustment. The maximum aount they can hold is way too low. Likewise their consumption rate is also way too low.And there is an Autorack in the Car Plant that should be removed as it is too close too the end of the track.

JIb228
July 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM
So far I have replaced the swtiches in billings with just spline ones. The animated ones are nice, but a bit of a hassle for the time being. Ive rebuild Smeed & Son steel into two industries. One to load steel coil, one to unload scrap. I fixed Huntley logging to no produce logs. Latter tonight I'll fix All American Toys and Exxon. I'll remove that auto rack. I'll add a few extra feet of invisible track there too, to prevent derailments in-case some one goes off the end of the tracks.

If there is any thing you want added let me know now.

GN1996
July 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I figured out what is wrong with Ikea Lumber Supply and Smeed and Son Steel, thanks to the same issue I found when expanding my MP route. I entered surveyor mode on MRL v2.7 and discovered the following:

1)Ikea Lumber Supply-Under the "Tracks" tab, Ikea Pallet did not have a queue chosen to load from. This is what caused the issue with losing control of your train.
2) Smeed and Son Steel-Under the "Tracks" tab, Scrap Metal did not have a queue chosen to load to. This also will cause the issue with losing control of your train.

Based upon this, any other industries that have the same issue will be easily fixed and do not need replaced. From the sounds of it, it is a little late for Smeed and Son Steel's previous set up. But on the bright side, you have probably made it look even better Jib.

colourlight
July 19th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I find your post both informative and, at the same time, interesting GN. I could not understand why I was,t able to regain control of my train. I,ll have to bear that in mind in future. Now I,m going to check out some more industries that may need the JIb touch,lol. EDIT. I have investigated the Industries further and found the following. If you look at Loomex Woodchip Mill, it is set up to consume a small amount of woodchips which I consider to be reasonable. So that would make it a kind of role model for any other industry that consumes a commodity in tonnes that you want to produce or consume slowly. Rosco Scrap needs adjusting to bring it up to the same standard as Loomex. The amounts are way too low at the moment. Also is it neccessary to have it consume LPG in order to produce scrap? Could not the LPG be removed?. I checked, adjusted and tested the Auto plant in Billings and found the following. Despite several attempts I could not get it to load cars. Nor could I work out why. My own view is it handles too many products which just makes it more complicated. I also noticed the amounts for diesel fuel are also too low and I feel could be removed entirely. In Line with what GN posted the automobile engines has no queue (should be queue 4). I also have a "staff sugestion" As it stands at the moment the car loader track is next to the ramp which is where it should be. The downside is it will take quite a while to load a train of cars. Could you add another couple of MIN,s so that more cars can be loaded at the same time? I don,t know how that will tie in with the other MIN,s as they are linked together although they are not working properly at the moment so possibly the link could be removed. I,ll leave that one with you Jib. And finally thanks for what you have done to fix the industries so far, I,ll try and find some more that need fixing. By the way the Industry that loads plastic Granular in Bozeman works really well to name but one. Now I,m going to suffer withdrawal symptoms as, once again, Ichat and multiplayer are not working.

GN1996
July 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks colour, I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully Jib didn't put too much work into changing Smeed and Son, otherwise he might go crazy learning that the fix was that simple, lol.

JIb228
July 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I had all ready rebuilt Smeed & Son steel, but I made the few other changes. Next update will include changes to most of the industries. I just wanted to real quickly get those major things changed and fixed. V2.8 has been sent to the DLS. I added a few more cars and some interesting Easter eggs that you might like GN1996.

GN1996
July 20th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Great, I haven't even found all of the other Easter eggs that were already in there. That means even more work! Lol. I look forward to the update and seeing what those cars are that you added.

colourlight
July 21st, 2012, 01:23 AM
Version 2.8 already! Thats nice to hear. I,m looking forward to it. Pity I,m on a lousy shift until tuesday so not much Trainz time. Still, keep up the good work Jib.

colourlight
July 22nd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Version 2.8 appeared on the DLS a few moments ago and I have just started a session. Due to my shift pattern I won,t be able to play much so you are mostly on your own. There are two rules in my session. Rule 1. Do not Derail. Rule 2. Do not derail. OK, now I,ve had my little joke I,m going to join the session.

normhart
July 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
MRL'ers did you know that MRL is one of the few railroads that still require a caboose on each freight train?

Thanks for the speedy update JIb228!

Sadly I found one problem, well off the mainline though so you can add it to your list for the next upgrade. Livingston yard

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3771/normhart201207220002.jpg

colourlight
July 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
So what is the problem with Livingston Yard? Normhart. Back to my session. I have prepared two coal trains for departure, one in Livingston Yard which supplies Montana Power & Light Power Station in Billings and the other is at the Flood Loader in the Open Cast Coal mine near Logan and supplies the Power Station in Bozeman. It is important to deal with these trains first as the Industries shut down without power. The two Power stations supply different Industries and these are listed in the Power Station Rules in Surveyor, Sessions. I don,t make it a rule that your train must have a caboose but I prefer it and the vast majority of trains I prepare have a caboose. I,m typing this at work so please don,t tell Network Rail,lol. I will be playing around 10.30-11pm UK time.

JIb228
July 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
I have found a few other bugs that need intimidate attention Norm, and Ill have them and that fixed ASAP.

And that is a handy tidbit of information, see as I say every one should have a caboose. As I see it, a cut of cars WITH a caboose means its some one else train, don't mess with it. A cut of cars with out a caboose is one that is free to use by any one.

The one issue I cant wrap my head around is why in both installs of TRS12 I can see all the locomotive if I host a session, but when I join Colour's game I see that several driver's locomotives are MIA.

What you fond there Norm is one of the bits of content that I placed on the session layer by accident. I have been hunting them all down and setting them to the right layer, but its a chore and a half. I suggest if you want to build your own session(s), start with mine as a base session, so as not to lose tracks like that.

Seeing as I wont be adding any thing new, there will not be a 2.9 update, you'll just have to re-download 2.8 in a few days. But before I do I must ask:

Leave the Jointed Rail track that every one uses?
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120722_0000.jpg

Or replace with this?
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120722_0001.jpg

normhart
July 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I have found a few other bugs that need intimidate attention Norm, and Ill have them and that fixed ASAP.
What you fond there Norm is one of the bits of content that I placed on the session layer by accident. I have been hunting them all down and setting them to the right layer, but its a chore and a half. I suggest if you want to build your own session(s), start with mine as a base session, so as not to lose tracks like that.

Seeing as I wont be adding any thing new, there will not be a 2.9 update, you'll just have to re-download 2.8 in a few days. But before I do I must ask:

Leave the Jointed Rail track that every one uses?

Or replace with this?

Thanks JIb228! I'll take your advise and try your Session as a base. I am far more interested in running Northern Pacific over this trackage than modern stuff and I am not interested in MP at all.

Things like this; NP 4022 (a NP Z-3) gives the morning Seattle to Chicago passenger a hand over Boseman Pass. She'll turn around at Livingston and pickup a string of empties and run them up to Helena.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1408/normhart201207220003.jpg

(FWIIW I favor the new track, as you say everyone uses the JR track)