PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Do This

patchy
April 28th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Hi All,
I going upload a route shortly sent it out for beta testing and its comes back with about 40 unknowns, tried hard to keep 3rd party content out of this route,but it wouldn't make a difference if you got what i have installed
some of them are easy to find some not,like trees
i've got all the kuids,do i delete them from the config file or content creator plus, i've got other ideas not sure if they will work:confused:
Cheers,
Patchy

Euphod
April 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I think it would safest to find each on the route in Surveyor, and delete them there, or replace them with something else that is on the DLS. That's IF you want the release to be smooth and seamless for the user. If you insist on have non DLS items in the route, then prepare for the onslaught of support questions. You could release it as is and then place a "directory" of where to get each download that is not on the DLS in the release thread to whittle down the volume of "where can I get this?" posts, but you will still have to suffer through a number of those, at least.

I just downloaded and installed the latest MSGSapper route, and was very pleased to find every dependency on the DLS, save one that was easily found at TPR's Download Depot. I do not download many routes, and despise having to search for content, but if you feel that the content in question is required to convey your artistic vision, I'm sure some users won't mind the great treasure hunt.

Note that even though I had much of the content for the route I just downloaded, I still had to spend at least thirty minutes to download the dependencies of the dependencies! I'm not certain how long I would spend to try to find almost forty unkowns. I fear I would be just as likely to delete all missing content in Surveyor, and then may or may not be happy that I did! Sometimes a fine route can be decimated in that fashion, and then be deleted all together.

This is why I suggest avoiding that in the first place, but it's really up to you, and what you can stomach regarding your artistic vision.

seeseeme
April 28th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Patchy,

If you are going to delete the items and not use the replace function in Surveyor you can not do it by just deleting them in the Config File. What I do is open them for edit, then manually copy them from UserData/Editing to a safe location. I then delete them out of CMP and go to the route in Surveyor. From there I select delete missing items.

Once I am sure everything is deleted and the route has no missing dependencies in CMP, I then re-import the content from its safe location.

Knowing the quality of your routes I would seriously consider what Ed has said and maybe go to the trouble of listing the non-DLS items and were to find them.

Hope this helps,

Craig
:):):)

patchy
April 28th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hi,
I Know the hassels on where do i find these
I Know exactly where these 40 missings come from
But after changing to a new computer i've lost the links
Maybe someone can help me find the links
One is a Russian Site with derilict vehicles by STALKER and Ford F Trucks by Gandalf tried searching that one in forums but for some strange reason all 2011 post do not come up in search

Cheers,
Patchy

seeseeme
April 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Patchy,

Where you searching for Gandalf0444, if so he posted today and I remembered this thread. Here is a link to his site if that helps.

http://trainzcommuterrail.co.cc/site/

Craig
:):):)

bugger, you will have to use Copy & Paste for the link. I also know someone with the link for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. content so if no one post a link before me I will get in as soon as I can.

another edit, bugger now it works :hehe::hehe::hehe:

patchy
April 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for that one Craig
As soon as i seen the link the cogs in the brain started to work:)

Cheers,
Patchy