PDA

View Full Version : Industry Tracks Unsuitable for Multiplayer?

colourlight
April 23rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
I,m modifing Port Ogden & Northern TS12 for multiplayer and my understanding is that certain types of Industry track will not work in multiplayer. Following on from that I have a few questions. I have some industry tracks called "Trainz Pro Routes" such as a Loco industry track. Are they are ok for multiplayer?. 2nd. What Industry tracks will/won,t work in MP?. And lastly if I upload it with an unsuitable Industry track and then try to upload a MP session for that route will it be rejected or will I have to test it in the session. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Mouse84
April 23rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
I have an edited PO&N for MP, that Mike and I used in 2010 MP beta. I found that MP didn't like the industries or portals. One issue was when loading cars, especially centerbeam lumber cars, it would only show a partial load on the clients screen, but on the server's screen it was full. Portals would only work some of the time. One portal that would accept empty coal trains and was supposed to return them loaded, would spit it back out all over the place, derailed cars all over.

As railroader, we don't see cars getting loaded or unloaded, with the possible exception of coal trains. We just spot the cars to to loaded or unloaded and come back later when they have finished. This is why on the route that I'm working on, I'm not going to put in industries at first.

I fired up 2010 MP last night and had a few guys come in on the PO&N and it was pretty good. As big as it is, it loads fast and had no latency problems. The biggest problem with PO&N is the way it twists and turns all over the place.

danny5
April 23rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
You can test all you want but it might not work it MP. Now if you want to start with a small route with just thing to see if they work in MP then i'll help you test them.
Make a oval and just put in one or two INDs of each kind to see witch ones works. (MIN,ProtoLars,Lars,BI,B2,)
Let me know.

colourlight
April 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
I have just uploaded a Test route and multiplayer session as sugested by Danny. All cars have been tested and they load and unload the designated commodity. There are four tests. each Industry is clearly marked by either crates or buildngs. Just drive to industry, load and unload at the next one. It would probably be a good idea to do it as a session as well, with at least the host and one other player. Your help in testing the industries will be appreciated. You can post the results here or speak to me in Ichat if I,m in game. thanks. The session is called "Industry track MP Testing V1" AND THE ROUTE IS" Multiplayer Industry Test Route" I,ll post here when it appears. About the time I uploaded it I lost connection so I may have to resend it.

colourlight
April 27th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Now on the DLS. Went into a session as "Client" and the resutlts were not good. Initially they all loaded and unloaded but after a while most stopped working. I,m thinking of trying another version with cars only using commodities they were originally designed to carry and maxing out the producingindustries "start" amount" Think I,ll do that now.

colourlight
April 27th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Just uploaded V2. Each set of cars have the commodity they are loading and unloading built in except for one or two which I configured. The start amount for each industry has been maxed out and production has been increased.