PDA

View Full Version : Strange New Signalling Issue

hoborailcat
April 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Just when everything seems ok, I get a new oddball error... Anyway, on one of my routes that is simply 3 loops with one train on each controlled by the AI, I have signals just to make it a little more real looking. However, one signal in particular is acting weird. When one of my trains approaches it, it stays red, so the train stops. The reason it gives is that there is another train using the block ahead. When I click on the signal to take me to the train, it takes me to a random area near the track, with all the normal train controls. Nothing appears to be there, and if I try to do anything at all with this ghost engine (throttle, horn, ect) the game immediately gets a fatal error and crashes. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

fran1
April 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
No idea on 2004 to be honest, but try to find the loco in surveyor and delete it, or relay that section of track where it seems to be.

JCitron
April 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Just when everything seems ok, I get a new oddball error... Anyway, on one of my routes that is simply 3 loops with one train on each controlled by the AI, I have signals just to make it a little more real looking. However, one signal in particular is acting weird. When one of my trains approaches it, it stays red, so the train stops. The reason it gives is that there is another train using the block ahead. When I click on the signal to take me to the train, it takes me to a random area near the track, with all the normal train controls. Nothing appears to be there, and if I try to do anything at all with this ghost engine (throttle, horn, ect) the game immediately gets a fatal error and crashes. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

I'd relay that section of track as Fran says.

Also signals in Trainz aren't just to make things look real. They really do work and work better in the newest version of Trainz. You may want to put some type 05s in between any type 04 and type 06 signals you have. The type 5s act as repeaters and home signals and smooth out operations quite a bit.

John

hoborailcat
April 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
They sorta work in this route. Really all the trains do is go around in circles and no trains ever share the same track. I seemed to discover that a tunnel was the section causing the problem. A simple fix involved deleting it, then putting it back. I'm not sure what "relaying track" means, but if it involves track deletion, then it has been successfully done.:wave:

fran1
April 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
They sorta work in this route. Really all the trains do is go around in circles and no trains ever share the same track. I seemed to discover that a tunnel was the section causing the problem. A simple fix involved deleting it, then putting it back. I'm not sure what "relaying track" means, but if it involves track deletion, then it has been successfully done.:wave:

Relaying track, deleting and replacing.

Conductorphil
April 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Is the tunnel designed for two tracks? In Trainz 2006, (I know you have Trainz 2004) I had a minor problem every so often where a signal would detect a train on the other track inside a tunnel - This of course makes no sense but I suspect it was a script error.

Otherwise, go with what Fran said. Relay your track. 99% of the time this fixes the problem, but if it still continues, we are happy to help.

hoborailcat
April 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
It's a single track tunnel. Relaying solved the problem. Silly me for not knowing that's what relay meant. I figured out when I thought "re-lay" instead of "relay". Not one of my smart moments.:hehe:

JCitron
April 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
It's a single track tunnel. Relaying solved the problem. Silly me for not knowing that's what relay meant. I figured out when I thought "re-lay" instead of "relay". Not one of my smart moments.:hehe:

Nah! You were just thinking signals and relay boxes. :)

Speaking of signals, you might want to put some on these loops anyway. An AI train will see its tail and the signal may go red. By putting the in between signals in, they worse they may do is go yellow instead.