PDA

View Full Version : Saving puzzle hold up

rjhowie
March 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I was working on my route the other night and the games pc crashed. Next day I got a man out and he got it going but I had lost all my previous items due to the lost of much of Windows and had to eventually do a brand new install. However I have a copy of the whole Trainz folder including my route which I transferred from a seperate HD onto it. The route is there of course but when I go to save it says this....

"Session was saved but Surveyor was unable to commit it to the Trainz Asset Database. This task can be completed in Content Manager". I have assumed it is something routine but how do I do that operation?

fran1
March 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Find the session in CM and commit.

Scottbe8
March 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Make sure that all the .exe files in the root/bin folder have administrator privileges. For more information, see shaneturner1's blog.

rjhowie
March 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for replies - however I now have a serious snag. I can access Surveyor, Driver, etc nut when I try to get to the CMP I get this up.....

"The programme cannot start because d3dx9_42 is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the programme to fix this priblem." ??

Pladroid
March 21st, 2012, 12:45 AM
"The programme cannot start because d3dx9_42 is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the programme to fix this priblem." ??

Hi this is part of the Direct X 9 package from Microsoft. The best bet is to download and re-install, I believe there is a tutorial on these forums somewhere telling you how.

fran1
March 21st, 2012, 03:33 AM
Thanks for replies - however I now have a serious snag. I can access Surveyor, Driver, etc nut when I try to get to the CMP I get this up.....

Download DX9-c redistributable (note that last word), I think the latest version was June 2010.

shaneturner12
March 21st, 2012, 03:36 AM
Correct - the only thing you may see though is that a re-release or minor update was made in April 2011.

Link to the relevant thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?58843-Updating-DirectX-9-0c-how-to-do-it

Shane

rjhowie
March 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hi,

Where do i install the directx_Jun download? Have it on the Desktop at the present...

shaneturner12
March 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Have you had a read of my tutorial in this forum? You need to read the Redistributable tutorial.

Shane