PDA

View Full Version : Best routes for Trainz 12?

BNSF650
February 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Anybody have a list of what are the best routes for TRAINZ 12? That are detailed?

dragonharh
February 15th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I would say My Dragons Pass V4 Phase 2 wend its done Its highly detailed so far.

danny5
February 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
The UMR Summer & Montana Rail Link are fully detailed and both are Multiplayer Routes.
Can use 20 players and both needs more players.
UMR has a session running 24/7 if the server stay a float.
The MRL has it's sessions on fridays 6pm CST USA.
Both use Team Speak 3 for communication.
So come join in one or the other and have fun with trainz.
I'm sure someone will send you a flat car of donuts and a tanker of coffee.

korikovaVL80
February 16th, 2012, 02:50 AM
The most detailed and realistic route so far is the Moscow metro (Zamoskvaretsaya line along with others), but, I'm not sure if it would be interesting for you since you live in Amerika. The stations and screenshots in trainz almost looks like in a photo.

William0d0
February 16th, 2012, 11:23 AM
In order to recommend some routes it would be helpful to know a few things.

1: Your computer specs.
2: What kinds of activities you like most, ie passenger service, heavy freight, fictional or real, large or small routes etc...
3: Multiplayer?
4: Do you have a FCT? Some routes require downloading more assets then others.

gearhead2578
February 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
WIlliam's got a point on the computer specs - detail is one of those "be careful what you ask for" things..... I've got one I've been working on that's too detailed for the PC that created it already and it's not done yet. Also "detailed" is a term that's often relative depending on the individual eye. Have a look at http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?82577-Skookumchuck-in-progress and you'll see it in the early stages of bringing my PC to its knees :hehe: (actually 15-20fps isn't too bad considering)

BNSF650
February 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM
My specs are

Windows 7
AMD A6-3600 APU with Radeon

6GB
64Bit

Euphod
February 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM
In order to recommend some routes it would be helpful to know a few things.

1: Your computer specs.
2: What kinds of activities you like most, ie passenger service, heavy freight, fictional or real, large or small routes etc...
3: Multiplayer?
4: Do you have a FCT? Some routes require downloading more assets then others.

I heartily agree that these questions should be answered by the OP before serious recommendations can be provided.

Scottbe8
February 17th, 2012, 12:13 AM
As long as we're on the topic of route recommendations, I'm interested in playing some electrified US-themed passenger routes. Multiplayer optional, and I do have FCT. OS is in sig, and I have an Intel CORE i3 processor. Display res is 1366x768.

Oh, and TS12 is in "C:\Program Files" with administrator privileges.

pdwood
February 17th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Undoubtedly TRAINZONE MURCHISON 2 (http://www.trainzone.co.nz/TS_murchison2.htm) but you have to pay for it!

pdw

normhart
February 17th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I would suggest getting TS2010 since most of it's routes will work fine in TS12 and you can't have too many routes. :D

korikovaVL80
February 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I would suggest the route Moscow-Maloyaroslavets route, takes several hours to drive and very detailed, and fun :) On this route there is any kind of train, the transsberian, local commuter trains, regional trains, freight train and even Kim Jong Il private wagon passes by at one of the station

BNSF650
February 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Are my specs any good? or do i need to upgrade?

Euphod
February 17th, 2012, 07:25 PM
What you have posted is rather incomplete, at least to my eyes.

philskene
February 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM
" ... the best routes for TRAINZ 12? That are detailed?

All depends what you mean by "best". And in some cases "best" and "detailed" might be mutually exclusive.

Possibly the best highly detailed routes are by gfisher. But don't expect anything better than single digit frame rates even if you have the latest multi-core sodium cooled processor with the most expensive graphics card on the market. George's original routes have errors in TS12. For the originals search with "gfisher" as the author. For the ones that have been modified to run error free in TS12 look for "MSGSapper" as the author.

If by "best" you mean dirt + grime + urban decay + interactive industries + switching movements, look for routes by "philskene". If I could get the search function to work properly I'd provide links to the posts in this Forum that show images of the routes.

The other author to seriously consider is Dermmy, see here:

http://checkrail.com/

Andy's routes are better than superb. Once again if the search function would work for me I'd give links to his posts in the Screen Shot forum.

Phil

William0d0
March 8th, 2012, 01:03 AM
While looking at candidates for a future session I checked out Ardennes Track by guilliamsyves , there is a route and session with the same name on the DLS.

It's a build 3.6 route (TS12) and at around 40 baseboards it's not too big yet seems to offer much to do.

The use of JVC splines make the foliage really come alive, I would have thought that with so many splines there would be a performance hit but it runs quite nicely on my system.

A lot of detail was put into this route, yet it doesn't drag down the system at all.

My only criticisms are that many of the turns are tight radius and in the session some of the locos are clearly the wrong gauge.

But overall it is an excellent route to add.

As was stated above, MSGSapper and philskene are also great names to look to for routes.