PDA

View Full Version : Come On!!

Kris94
February 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Where is everybody? I've asked several questions and nobody's been here to answer them. I need some help but I guess everyone is way too busy.

Dermmy
February 11th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I just went to your profile and checked all threads started by you. Every single one of them has answers (except this one!), some of them very many answers.

Gota go: busy busy busy............

Andy ;)

Kris94
February 12th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah but then I have more questions that I've asked that have still yet to be answered.

pware
February 12th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Every single one of them has answers (except this one!)

To be pedantic, your response was in fact an answer as it both responded and answered his question (quite well I thought). Now ... back into my rubber room.

korikovaVL80
February 12th, 2012, 01:47 AM
It can happen that too many threads come all the time and yours is several pages away, it happens to me too. You can always write a message in them to get them back to top.

What where your questions by the way?

CRO
February 12th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Yeah but then I have more questions that I've asked that have still yet to be answered.

Not according to your profile - every question you have posted has been replied too. BTW politeness works!

Bob (CRO)

H222
February 12th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Not only that, but a bit of patience and independence can work too. Try to work it out for yourself

Cut the princess act, you're acting like a 10 year old

Jamie

Kris94
February 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I've been waiting plus the stuff I'm asking about isn't something you can just do on your own. And I'm just frustrated but I'm trying to be calm. If you've seen my older posts, then you'll realize this isn't bad. Plus I don't act like princess for that's girlish crap.

korikovaVL80
February 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I've been waiting plus the stuff I'm asking about isn't something you can just do on your own. And I'm just frustrated but I'm trying to be calm. If you've seen my older posts, then you'll realize this isn't bad. Plus I don't act like princess for that's girlish crap.

Not to start a flame war, but the case is that most users here are maybe 50+ years, and have different views over maturity and such. As I'm 20 I understand booth views of opinions but, you shouldn't bash anyone for not answering, as they do answer your threads plus, they're doing this for free. Nobody pays us to be on the forum, it's a matter of free time and interest in this hobby.

dragonharh
February 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Where is everybody? I've asked several questions and nobody's been here to answer them. I need some help but I guess everyone is way too busy.
I understand your feelings I to get this form ppl here but It really don't bother me one bit. word of avise good things come to thows who wait. not anyone has all the ansors you wont. turst me getting mad wend no and replays is anoying but you can't go off on ppl or no one will ansor you and inore you the more you push. I post and walk away even forget what i asked. Give ppl here time thay have more importen things in life that come frist.
not to sound mean or harsh I understand how you feel.

johnwhelan
February 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Try a different hobby with instant answers?

Trainz is complex and it does take effort to create content. Many of the questions you have asked have answers floating around the forum and there are other resources such as en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz available or even N3V's own wiki.

This probably isn't the response you would like or feel you deserve but working through problems and finding solutions is a skill that will serve you well in times to come and it can be satisfying.

Cheerio John

pware
February 13th, 2012, 01:29 AM
... plus not everyone is in the same time zone or date zone as you. Half of us are sleeping while you sit waiting for your answers.

RRSignal
February 13th, 2012, 01:50 AM
...Or just try not being a petulant whiner. If, Kris, you spent a little time doing your own homework rather than asking us to do it for you, you'd be smarter and be able to answer your own questions as they come up.

leeferr
February 13th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Kris
You've yet to specify what question hasn't been answered. BTW, we're not all just sitting here waiting around for someone to ask a question so that we can jump on it and give the answer. Be a little patient and the answers will come, if you're willing to recognize the answers when they show up.

Mike

Kris94
February 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM
...Or just try not being a petulant whiner. If, Kris, you spent a little time doing your own homework rather than asking us to do it for you, you'd be smarter and be able to answer your own questions as they come up.

Yeah too bad isn't something I have a lot of knowledge on. If I had some knowledge on it, then I might be able to plus you can't research it and only one person can do it.

johnwhelan
February 13th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah too bad isn't something I have a lot of knowledge on. If I had some knowledge on it, then I might be able to plus you can't research it and only one person can do it.

You could try reading:

"en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz available or even N3V's own wiki." the first has links to quite a few tutorials.

Cheerio John

Euphod
February 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM
What was the question that nobody has answered?

Kris94
February 13th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Well tutorials won't help with what I need help with. BNSF50s grade xings only are activated when a train is 200ft from the crossing and that's not realistic and the gates are barely coming down when the train passes by and cars keep rolling through and I'm trying to change that because it should 2000-3000 feet before the crossings are alarmed that a train is coming.

PEV
February 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Looks like you will have to make your own scripted crossings.. have fun.

Retro00064
February 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Well tutorials won't help with what I need help with. BNSF50s grade xings only are activated when a train is 200ft from the crossing and that's not realistic and the gates are barely coming down when the train passes by and cars keep rolling through and I'm trying to change that because it should 2000-3000 feet before the crossings are alarmed that a train is coming.

Build your own crossing in Surveyor with bnsf50's NRC grade crossing components and ATLS.

RRSignal
February 13th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Build your own crossing in Surveyor with bnsf50's NRC grade crossing components and ATLS.

While we're on the subject, do the NRC crossings allow arbitrary crossing angles? I have a lot of roads that cross at, say, 22.5, 30, and 60 degrees.

Retro00064
February 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
While we're on the subject, do the NRC crossings allow arbitrary crossing angles? I have a lot of roads that cross at, say, 22.5, 30, and 60 degrees.

Yes. You place the individual crossing components in Surveyor, such as the NRC signals/barriers and the crossing boards/platform of your choosing, and then make it all work using Boat's ATLS system.

It's not as simple as just plonking down a fixed crossing and connecting road and tracks to it, but it is a whole lot more flexible.

You can also set up a fixed crossing with ATLS so that the crossing will activate when the train is further away. Tutorials are at Boat website, http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/.

Regards,

Zachary.

Kris94
February 14th, 2012, 12:27 AM
But for the grade crossings with NRC I can't figure how to change the bell sound without messing it up and one of the crossings which has wishbone gates I want to change because they're ugly and I don't know if there are any wishbone gates in the US so that's were the frustration is and there's more work with the ATLS system. I hate the new versions of the crossings. I liked the old version better.

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 02:04 AM
But for the grade crossings with NRC I can't figure how to change the bell sound without messing it up and one of the crossings which has wishbone gates I want to change because they're ugly and I don't know if there are any wishbone gates in the US so that's were the frustration is and there's more work with the ATLS system. I hate the new versions of the crossings. I liked the old version better.

Seriosly don't take this personally but there isn't a huge difference between our age. You should grow up a little as swearing doesn't have the right place in this forum...

What could really help is that if you read the manual, start researching, and read articles about trainz building/survejor. You could do some really good! I'm personally developing the "transsiberian" thanks to all the material I've read!

By the way you should start with graphics programming or something as you are young, that could help you a lot when your older, even to make money.

pfx
February 14th, 2012, 04:44 AM
...there's more work with the ATLS system. I hate the new versions of the crossings. I liked the old version better.

It's flexible, it's uncomplicated and it's progress. There are ATLS tutorials available both here and on Boat's own site which you should read. Once you've read them, perhaps trying out the process as you go along, you too will see that ATLS assets are simple to use. Okay, so perhaps not quite as quick as place and go but for the 3 or 4 additional minutes it takes to set up an ATLS crossing using components, it's well worth it.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?36561-ATLS-CONTROLLED-LEVEL-CROSSING-TUTORIAL

Kris94
February 14th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Seriosly don't take this personally but there isn't a huge difference between our age. You should grow up a little as swearing doesn't have the right place in this forum...

What could really help is that if you read the manual, start researching, and read articles about trainz building/survejor. You could do some really good! I'm personally developing the "transsiberian" thanks to all the material I've read!

By the way you should start with graphics programming or something as you are young, that could help you a lot when your older, even to make money.

Actually I don't need to grow up at all!! I was never swearing at all in any of my posts otherwise there be the characters you put in place of the profanity like #$&@ and so on and so forth. I've seen a lot of tutorials but not the ones that would be useful for what I'm trying to figure plus I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me. I always read the manuals but it doesn't show how to get the gates to activate when a train reaches a certain distance, nor how to exchange meshes like the wishbone gates for standard gates. So I've done research its just difficult for me to understand plus I don't have the free time I used to have to search an infinity and beyond for tutorials that are hard to find and if you find them, then you only find out its for older versions of trainz.

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Actually I don't need to grow up at all!! I was never swearing at all in any of my posts otherwise there be the characters you put in place of the profanity like #$&@ and so on and so forth. I've seen a lot of tutorials but not the ones that would be useful for what I'm trying to figure plus I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me. I always read the manuals but it doesn't show how to get the gates to activate when a train reaches a certain distance, nor how to exchange meshes like the wishbone gates for standard gates. So I've done research its just difficult for me to understand plus I don't have the free time I used to have to search an infinity and beyond for tutorials that are hard to find and if you find them, then you only find out its for older versions of trainz.

Well it's possible there is less tutorials for Train Simulator, (I'm used to Flight Simulator and there is a manual for almost everything).

A suggestion to the forum would be a help/support section, so people can post their problems/questions there. Would be easier to organize and to keep the support better.

In the Russian routes, the railway crossing gate does lower automatically when the train is around 50-100 metres away(depending on speed) , and the vechiles/ai traffic stop by the crossing. It's pretty fun to see when the train is at a station, watching the road vechiles crossing the track and then when you start moving they stop and the gates start lowering :)

johnwhelan
February 14th, 2012, 09:15 AM

One of the strong points about Trainz is it is open ended, one of the weak points is it is open ended which means some one may not have built what you'd like yet.

However you can build what ever you'd like. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Tutorial_for_Blender#Newcomers_start_here is one place to start.

Personally having only forty odd years programming experience I tend to stay away from scripts as being to complicated for me but I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time. Having created a set of traffic lights in Blender for ATLS it seems to be fairly straight forward though and you shouldn't have any difficulty creating the different style of gates. Doing the animation should be fun but there are tutorials around and videos that describe the process.

Cheerio John

bnsf50
February 14th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Yes they had wishbone gates in the US back in the 40's and 50's. The way you change the gates is to use one that has regular gates on it. Grade Xing NRC 2L Gated WSL Off Kuid2:39134:102033:2 is a match to the wishbone crossing but with a regular gate on it. If you don't like the NRC crossings then use the crossings without the NRC in the title. You can hook the non NRC up to the ATLS system too to activate them earlier with a trigger. Boats tutorial tells you and shows you how to do that.

Yes you do need to grow up and quit acting like a spoiled 2 year old. If you still don't know how to activate the crossing earlier then you haven't read Boats tutorial like has been suggested more than once. You cannot make them activate earlier through the script. There have been several that know way more than we do about script writing that have tried. And Auran will not change there code either. They have been asked over the last 10 years or so.
You keep saying you want to build a crossing. Building a crossing is not hard, but getting it to work properly which has to be done with scripting, unless you just want the lights to flash all of the time the way Aurans built in crossings do. Have you even built a box yet and got it into Trainz? I'm guessing you haven't if you can't even figure out the ATLS system. You have to learn to walk before you can run. There are plenty of tutorials around with pictures even that will walk you through the process. And the tutorials for older versions of Trainz will work for the newer versions in 95% of the cases. If it won't then someone here on the forums can help you with it.
I really have more to say about this but I'm biting my tongue and trying to be civil.

Kris94
February 14th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yes they had wishbone gates in the US back in the 40's and 50's. The way you change the gates is to use one that has regular gates on it. Grade Xing NRC 2L Gated WSL Off Kuid2:39134:102033:2 is a match to the wishbone crossing but with a regular gate on it. If you don't like the NRC crossings then use the crossings without the NRC in the title. You can hook the non NRC up to the ATLS system too to activate them earlier with a trigger. Boats tutorial tells you and shows you how to do that.

Yes you do need to grow up and quit acting like a spoiled 2 year old. If you still don't know how to activate the crossing earlier then you haven't read Boats tutorial like has been suggested more than once. You cannot make them activate earlier through the script. There have been several that know way more than we do about script writing that have tried. And Auran will not change there code either. They have been asked over the last 10 years or so.
You keep saying you want to build a crossing. Building a crossing is not hard, but getting it to work properly which has to be done with scripting, unless you just want the lights to flash all of the time the way Aurans built in crossings do. Have you even built a box yet and got it into Trainz? I'm guessing you haven't if you can't even figure out the ATLS system. You have to learn to walk before you can run. There are plenty of tutorials around with pictures even that will walk you through the process. And the tutorials for older versions of Trainz will work for the newer versions in 95% of the cases. If it won't then someone here on the forums can help you with it.
I really have more to say about this but I'm biting my tongue and trying to be civil.

I'm not acting like a two year old child!!!! I know how to activate the NRC crossings those are easy. I'm talking about the ones that aren't NRC. I'm trying to see if there's any way that I can figure out how to extend the distance of the activation in which the train does. As I read in a post last year you saying that my non-NRC crossings are only activated when the train is 200ft from the crossing. And I've tried to do that with boats tutorials but I've heard that you can't get them to activate at least from what I've been told and I also assumed you couldn't do that with the ATLS system since it always says for NRC.

But I have done that to the crossings without NRC(using ATLS with it) but I never got it to work. So I don't what but I'll try one last time to see if I left something out or missed something.

Actually it's you people who need to grow up because it obviously seems that I can't get upset and express my frustration because you guys are just as sensitive if not more than a two year when it comes to someone who is upset about something.

Yes I have read the tutorials, I have looked stuff up, I have tried to do it on my own and if I was able to do it on my own without any hardships, then I wouldn't be posting this. Plus I don't like the wishbone gates but saying that I don't like them is NOT being spoiled. I hear people criticize on hear a lot but not once are they being called 'spoiled'. Plus I know where the line is and I always try not to cross it. So I'm sorry if me saying I don't like the wishbone gates offended you in any way.

So once again the NRC gates are already something I know how to set up so that's not the issue. I could say more but I don't have time and I'm in a bad mood and I'm not trying to get in anymore trouble for loosing my temper so I'm going shut my mouth and go from here. Hopefully that'll clear things up.

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I'm not acting like a two year old child!!!! I know how to activate the NRC crossings those are easy. I'm talking about the ones that aren't NRC. I'm trying to see if there's any way that I can figure out how to extend the distance of the activation in which the train does. As I read in a post last year you saying that my non-NRC crossings are only activated when the train is 200ft from the crossing. And I've tried to do that with boats tutorials but I've heard that you can't get them to activate at least from what I've been told and I also assumed you couldn't do that with the ATLS system since it always says for NRC.

But I have done that to the crossings without NRC(using ATLS with it) but I never got it to work. So I don't what but I'll try one last time to see if I left something out or missed something.

Actually it's you people who need to grow up because it obviously seems that I can't get upset and express my frustration because you guys are just as sensitive if not more than a two year when it comes to someone who is upset about something.

Yes I have read the tutorials, I have looked stuff up, I have tried to do it on my own and if I was able to do it on my own without any hardships, then I wouldn't be posting this. Plus I don't like the wishbone gates but saying that I don't like them is NOT being spoiled. I hear people criticize on hear a lot but not once are they being called 'spoiled'. Plus I know where the line is and I always try not to cross it. So I'm sorry if me saying I don't like the wishbone gates offended you in any way.

So once again the NRC gates are already something I know how to set up so that's not the issue. I could say more but I don't have time and I'm in a bad mood and I'm not trying to get in anymore trouble for loosing my temper so I'm going shut my mouth and go from here. Hopefully that'll clear things up.

Well I like your entertainment that comes from you and others from the forum. Things like... "Cut the princess act, you're acting like a 10 year old" by jamie... ... "...Or just try not being a petulant whiner"... by rrsignal.

thank you for this thread! This is just what my father used to tell me when I were a 10 year old child :hehe: Welcome to the world of old people (this is maybe how they are lol)

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yuo got it right korikova; this site is top heavy with grumpy old men!

shaneturner12
February 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I must be somewhere further down...

Even I get annoyed sometimes though. Especially if it appears that a user is not paying attention to what I've suggested.

Shane

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Steamboat, it's funny sometimes. I wonder what happen if these old people get drunk :D

Shane: You're right, it happens to almost everyone on this forum (even to me) but, I haven't really seen any message of yours in this thread so no need to worry about it :)

shaneturner12
February 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Apart from the one before yours, and this one...

To be honest, I've been too busy sorting out Trainz and solving other issues.

Shane

colwell27
February 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Wow! I'm not sure what to say about this thread. Well maybe I do... I think we should have a grumpy old men forum and a forum for the others. I will be 39 this year so I must be a grumpy old man. :eek:

Jeff

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I think you have to be 60+ to be a grumpy old man! :D

Luckily I'm a woman (20 years), so I'll never be a grumpy old man, and not a raspberry award either :p

bnsf50
February 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yea that's what we need is a grumpy old men forum and DLS too that you youngster couldn't download from. How many assets would you have to work with then since its us "grumpy old men" that are making the majority of the assets that you all get to use for free by the way. So I think that us old men have a right to speak our mind once and a while especially to a poster who has at least 4 treads going on the same subject over the last several days/weeks and hasn't followed a bit of the instructions or advice given so far. And then starts ragging on the way assets are made and wants to make his own.

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I would argue that 'grumpy old men' is a state of mind!

H222
February 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yuo got it right korikova; this site is top heavy with grumpy old men!

This kid asks sooo much for such simple tasks, but he doesn't read the instructions. This forum isn't a negative one Usually, however, we're all human, and we all get mad sometimes, and it's not like Kris doesn't provoke us...

Grumpy old Men? Im pretty sure RRSignal is in his 30's or 40's, and I sure as hell ain't old

Jamie

BTW - Clyde and Linda, I use your crossings in my route, functioning with ATLS, and Im not a grumpy old man... I can also fix assets :p

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Of course it doesn't matter, everyone is welcome to this forum. But a new thing I learned is that old people are able to make assets :O Everyone has the right to speak, where did I say they don't? :confused:

I'm not making multiple threads, and I don't critize how their assets are made. Seriosuly BNSF50, where are you getting this from?

I'm actually trying to help the community by developing routes/metro, as well as a helping hand in the "transsiberian" project. Not just a rail crossing like Kris.

If that message was mean't for Kris, please forgive me.

RRSignal may not be an old grumpy man, but his message was rather funny for me to read (as it reminds me of my father)

Kris94
February 14th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Nevermind you guys just don't want to learn or understand nor listen. I've tried everything and I have followed instructions of the tutorials. I understand the ATLS system with the NEC structure. I'll just give up and do something else since no one listens and wants to point the fingure at me and say I provoke but its the opposite.

Retro00064
February 14th, 2012, 08:09 PM
<snip> I'm talking about the ones that aren't NRC. I'm trying to see if there's any way that I can figure out how to extend the distance of the activation in which the train does. <snip>

This is the relevant tutorial by Boat on how to set up a fixed (non-NRC) crossing for ATLS control: http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS2.pdf.

Regards,

Zachary.

sparky15
February 14th, 2012, 09:14 PM
It's an internet forum about a choo choo video game. It's not a way of life but some take it as one.

Dave......

clam1952
February 14th, 2012, 10:00 PM
The secret of success is to take things one step at a time, not try to learn and do everything at once, you need a lot of patience.
If something you have done doesn't work then go over the instruction again and again until you get it right. Try not to get frustrated or angry because you haven't got an instant answer, people are in different time zones, at work asleep or doing any number of things not Trainz related or perhaps the person with the answer hasn't come along yet, maybe no one has an answer, it happens.
If I can't get something to work I go away and do something else for a while, that's the beauty of Trainz, I then come back to the problem a couple of days later and usually can see where I went wrong.

Kris94
February 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM
So you actuallybhave to connect the slave to the crossing plates physically via AID invisible track or else it won't work.

deadpoolmx55
February 14th, 2012, 10:49 PM
how is it that people doing the wrong things or that are rude get more attention then people following the rules and being polite, exhibit A, this thread

Kris94
February 14th, 2012, 11:11 PM
That's not true. It doesn't get attention like this because of the context it's written in.

Kris94
February 15th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Okay some help. I know where I'm getting stuck at.

korikovaVL80
February 15th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Have you read boats tutorial yet a member on the thread sent? It's only 10 pages. Very easy and usefull information.

pfx
February 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
So you actuallybhave to connect the slave to the crossing plates physically via AID invisible track or else it won't work.

I think I supplied a link to the thread dealing with ATLS crossings on the 2nd page of this thread? Not only does that thread contain a direct link to Boat's own tutorials, which couldn't be clearer, but there are pictures to help illustrate how to go about setting up ATLS crossings. http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/tutorials.htm

If you're still confused, there are also simple routes on the DLS that contain examples of ATLS crossings specifically aimed at clarifying doubt around the implementation of ATLS.

bnsf50
February 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Hey Kris94
Click on this link and then click on the video in post 2. Bricbuilder711 has made a video that shows how to set up a crossing and even a stop light at an intersection.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?77179-How-to-Program-ATLS-Crossings-(More-of-an-Answer)&p=925495#post925495 (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?77179-How-to-Program-ATLS-Crossings-%28More-of-an-Answer%29&p=925495#post925495)

Kris94
February 15th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Step 2 and Step 6

http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS2.pdf

​That's where I'm having trouble.

paulhobbs
February 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
You can't be having trouble. My cat followed those instructions and got it to work.

Paul

Kris94
February 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I am. With the spline spliting and putting it back together. Yes I've struggled with that.

Kris94
February 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Never-mind. I finally got it to work!! Thanks for all your help.